Member appreciation topic

Just wanted to take a moment to say @Hooded Pitohui, you're an amazing friend, and I'm honored to call you one, even if it's only an online one. :D

Just wanted to take a moment to say @Hooded Pitohui, you're an amazing friend, and I'm honored to call you one, even if it's only an online one. :D
132Ditto.png

Ditto

Reviving this thread to give love to the community for an amazing Mario Awards, Mega Brawl, and for those who read my writing! Also, I wanted to spread some love for my best buddy @Hot Cocoa: I hope you're doing well and having a great 2024 so far

Hope this will inspire more posts here.

@SparksMarioWiki You're a great editor too! I'm happy you're contributing a lot to the wiki and have been part of the more social aspects of the place. I really appreciate your work on the Mario + Rabbids pages it really paid off! And who can forget you joining along and making fun of how I post on the wiki itself! I hope you stick around and continue editing here, you are wonderful to have here.

It's been a while since I've done a big one, so I felt I was due to make one.

First and foremost, @Hot Cocoa, you are the true definition of a best friend. It's been really amazing to have such a supportive and great buddy like you. We've had so much fun creating our own stories and hanging out, roleplaying too. I know things haven't been the same as they used to be, but you've managed to power through your downs and come out a better and stronger person, which is absolutely incredible and inspiring. I am exceptionally glad to have you as my Vice-Chairperson for the 14th Poll Committee and wish you the very best.

@Waluigi Time & @Hooded Pitohui, I've really enjoyed writing stories for you both, and talking about Cayde and Zerris to no end. You're both fun to talk with and also supportive as well. Writing has really become somewhat of a hobby for me, and I love creating stories that everyone loves to read.

@Ray Trace & @LeftyGreenMario, Wario is still in Jupiter's Great Red Spot while Taylor Swift plays through headphones superglued to his ears, I have newfound appreciation for destroying Wario and maybe I'll shoot him to Neptune next time, who knows?

@Master Viper, you're a joy to have here with your endless positivity and being in Car Wash. This thread is just one of the many ways your positivity shines in this forum.

@Patissiere Peach, @TheBlueCatMenace, @Zdrmonster Productions, and the other RP forum members, I love that the Car Wash is still going strong and I love seeing your creativity there.

@Natalie J., it's been really awesome to know you and hang out with you. That story in the last Shroom issue was really sweet and I hope you can take your creative writing hobby up to above and beyond. Proud to have so many LGBT members here like @Princess Viola and @zel, too.

To the Chairperson of the 13th Poll Committee, @Dr. Alexander Wexlyn, thank you for a wonderful year and we hope to continue it with the 14th Poll Committee.

And of course, last but not least, @porplemontage & the mods, thank you for making the Mario Boards an awesome forum to be apart of.

Wow, it's been 4 years since I joined this place! Usually when I celebrate my forumversary, I just make a profile post about it, but this time I wanted to thank everyone here on the Boards for making it a pleasant place to be. When I joined four years ago, the world was in the midst of a global pandemic. Looking back, it's kinda amusing to think that if it wasn't for that horrible pandemic, I might not have joined in the first place - even though I had been reading The 'Shroom for quite a while by that point, I never really had the gumption to sign up for the paper. I think it was the insanity of the pandemic, and my desire to try something new, that drove me to finally submit an application. I really only joined the Boards to send in an application for The 'Shroom, but I stayed around for much more than that. Awards presentations, tournaments, mafia, the Poll Committee - I indulged in just about everything. I didn't think I'd get so invested in this community when I joined, and though there were times when I took a hiatus, I always ended up coming back. So thank you all for making this a great place. There are three people I'd like to acknowledge in particular:

@Hooded Pitohui - You're one of the friendliest and most approachable people I've met, and I appreciate you reaching out to me even when I was still relatively new. You bring great positive energy to the community.

@Diamant - I've enjoyed collaborating with you on numerous occasions, such as for the 'Shroom Director Election in 2020, the Ultimate Location Battle in 2021, and most recently, the PC Chairperson Election.

@Waluigi Time - You've made a ton of stuff over the past few years! It's been fun participating in some of your more collaborative 'Shroom sections like Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown and Dear Waluigi Time, as well as stuff like Waluigi Time Cereal Mafia.

I also want to voice my appreciation for the positive comments stuff like my art, 'Shroom sections, and Awards presentations got. They meant a lot to me, and they still do - I look back on those comments every once in a while, just because they make me smile.

To wrap things up, I hope to be around for a good while longer, and I'm sure this community will continue to be a great place to be for many years to come.

Back