Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

MetaWeegee

Dancing is Forbidden!
I just noticed that when you collect a Power Star as Wario in Super Mario 64 DS, the noise he makes sounds like he's about to vomit. Almost as if being the hero is making him physically sick, XD

Striker Mario

🚛Practicing soccer in a sewage treatment plant🚛
It's a really enthusiastic-sounding vomit.

He also has a weirdly pitched shifted "YEEAH!" IIRC

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
All the voices sound kinda muffled in SM64DS. Like they hadn't figured out how to audio the system yet or something.

J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo
So um in Mario Kart Tour, the Blue Seven's tail lights resemble an aerial view of a Koopa Troopa shell. Was it like that in 7?

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
I don't recall that in 7, it was just regular taillights iirc

Mr. Mr. Prosecutor Grubba

DAUTY Digno-dangerous!
"Bowser Jr.'s Mad" from MP9 has a bit which sounds like "Bowser Battle" from SPM.
I've never really listened to the original track myself, but the latter is supposedly an arrangement of Dark Land theme from SMB3 so maybe that would be it

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
It is. At least the SPM theme. It's like a mixture of dark land and a more heavy version of his SPM leitmotif.

Btw his SPM theme is shet.

DAUTY Digno-dangerous!
I'm thinking of these two parts
Are those both SMB3 dark land?

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Birdo's Italian name is a complete outlier: it's neither Birdo nor Catherine. Instead, it's Draghella, which is an interesting change that no other territories use.

Thank you for reading.

Rinka Hayami

Koops, King of cowards.
Does the name have any meaning in Italian, or is it just a generic name that they chose in the localization there?

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Does the name have any meaning in Italian, or is it just a generic name that they chose in the localization there?
From the wiki:
From drago (dragon) and the endearing female suffix -ella.
Actually now that I have investigated further, the preferred name for Birdo in Italian is Strutzi, which is basically what Ostro would have been called. Ostro, if you didn't know, was a mistake in the Super Mario Bros. 2 credits where both Birdo and Ostro swapped names. Strutzi is basically like calling Birdo "Ostro" in English since it has its roots in ostriches. I guess Draghella isn't that popular of a name to be used.

Thank you for reading.

DAUTY Digno-dangerous!
Mount Must Dash = Mount Moustache

All sorts of weird and wonderful things on the noclip website

Striker Mario

🚛Practicing soccer in a sewage treatment plant🚛
It took me way too long to get drift boosting in Mario Kart. Like I was struggling in Double Dash's 150cc and Mirror modes but they're a breeze once you master drift boosting and the tracks.