Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality

I didn't realise that the opening of Super Mario Advance is designed to highlight the resolution increase from GBC (160 x 144) to GBA (240 x 160). Basically the darker portion is the resolution absent from the GB(C) but is used in the GBA. (Thanks, Jeremy Parish!)

1572698222936.png

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

winstein

In Captain Toad, the titular character will clap when he is near Blue Toad (the bespectacled one), and will sleep when he's near Yellow Toad (the sleeping one).

Thank you for reading.

Kat Gravity Rush

The Friendly Neighbourhood Gravity Shifter
In Mario Kart Tour, doing the same rocket start technique from previous games, then releasing the screen when GO! appears results to an even longer boost (3-ish seconds).

winstein

Drums are played when Mario (or any character) rides on Yoshi until I have seen that there are two variations of the soundtrack.

Thank you for reading.

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
Drums are played when Mario (or any character) rides on Yoshi until I have seen that there are two variations of the soundtrack.
Technically speaking, in New Super Mario Bros. U, the drums part of the soundtracks from riding on Yoshi is simply overlayed on top of the original track, in a multi-channeled music file. It's similar to the first-place instruments in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8, or the extra effects in Music Park from Mario Kart 7 like the piano, xylophone, keys, etc.

Striker Mario

🚛Practicing soccer in a sewage treatment plant🚛
N64 Mario's thumb is actually a separate piece from his hand.

You normally can't tell because the lighting and the white gloves hide the model edges.

Other characters like Luigi and Wario also have thumbs like this too

Moon

*Steals cake*
It's possible that the rock theme for the new track on the London Tour is a reference to many famous rock stars are British

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Gotta love them N64 3D models.

Moltres

Fiery bird with great firepower
The island tilts in Bombs Away in Mario Party 1 even if cannonnballs only hit the water. I always thought the island tilted due to having 4 characters on it at once

Kat Gravity Rush

The Friendly Neighbourhood Gravity Shifter
Baby Rosalina's pacifier in Dr. Mario World is cyan, instead of gold from her appearances in the Mario Kart games.
DrMarioWorld_Baby_Rosalina.jpg

Wallop

Jump at every opportunity, Live for the moment!
Interesting also her doctor form's star crest has the orb piece resembling more of a golden jewel, as opposed to a flat yellow circle.

Wallop

Jump at every opportunity, Live for the moment!
This just came to my news feed

Tbh I did notice this apparition while playing through the game, as I take my time and sightsee everywhere, didn't think much of it though I find the internet hype take entertaining.

Last edited: