Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality

I didn't realise that the opening of Super Mario Advance is designed to highlight the resolution increase from GBC (160 x 144) to GBA (240 x 160). Basically the darker portion is the resolution absent from the GB(C) but is used in the GBA. (Thanks, Jeremy Parish!)

1572698222936.png

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

winstein

In Captain Toad, the titular character will clap when he is near Blue Toad (the bespectacled one), and will sleep when he's near Yellow Toad (the sleeping one).

Thank you for reading.

Infinite8

Dry Bowser
In Mario Kart Tour, doing the same rocket start technique from previous games, then releasing the screen when GO! appears results to an even longer boost (3-ish seconds).

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Administrator
Awards Committee
There are car parks on the detailed Touch Screen map of Koopa City in Mario Kart 7.

winstein

Drums are played when Mario (or any character) rides on Yoshi until I have seen that there are two variations of the soundtrack.

Thank you for reading.

Drums are played when Mario (or any character) rides on Yoshi until I have seen that there are two variations of the soundtrack.
Technically speaking, in New Super Mario Bros. U, the drums part of the soundtracks from riding on Yoshi is simply overlayed on top of the original track, in a multi-channeled music file. It's similar to the first-place instruments in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8, or the extra effects in Music Park from Mario Kart 7 like the piano, xylophone, keys, etc.

Merry Fiora

Koops, King of cowards.
I guess it's easier to draw hands without the stick in the mud finger being a part of it

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Gotta love them N64 3D models.

Shiny Necrozma

Shiny Light Devourer
The island tilts in Bombs Away in Mario Party 1 even if cannonnballs only hit the water. I always thought the island tilted due to having 4 characters on it at once

Luma

WoOOOoo!!
Interesting also her doctor form's star crest has the orb piece resembling more of a golden jewel, as opposed to a flat yellow circle.