Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Option 1, nostalgia because i grew up with the wii and games like wii sports resort and wii play. i love being able to play with simple yet cool customizable avatars

Option 1. I fancy the idea of incorporating avatars of your own self, family and friends into Mario's cheery world, both in playable and non-playable capacities, like in the Wii Sports games... I just wish they would make this possible somewhat more often.

Luigi_-_Luigi%27s_Mansion_3DS.png

NEW POLL GUYS

It has been 7 years since the end of the Year of Luigi with no similar events being held. Would you like to see more celebrations like this one?
  1. Yes, I think year-long celebrations of characters are a great way to shake up the franchise and give us more interesting games.
  2. Yes, but I don't want to see Luigi in the spotlight again. Another character deserves a chance.
  3. Yes, but I would only like to see a repeat of the Year of Luigi. I don't think other characters deserve a full year dedicated to them.
  4. No, I think focusing a whole year's lineup of games on one specific character is too limiting.
  5. No, but I think it would be interesting to dedicate a year to focusing on many different characters besides Mario.
  6. I don't care as long as Nintendo continues to make enjoyable games.

Option 2. Luigi had his spotlight. Give other characters that are also deserving the star status a chance!

My Luigi bias says Option 3 (especially since I wasn't around when the Year of Luigi happened), but frankly I think it would also be interesting to have a Year of Peach or a Year of Bowser, so I'll say Option 1.

Option 1, I'd really like to see characters star in their own spin-offs more often but that rarely happens. I wouldn't even mind Luigi having another shot at it.

But uh, if anyone at Nintendo is reading this, did you know that Waluigi's 25th anniversary is in 4 years? Just something to think about while you're planning those upcoming games...

2, 4, and 6.
I'd like to see more celebrations (it doesn't really have to be character specific though imo), but I want the celebrations to only affect merchandise and not the games that come out, (although I'm not opposed to the celebrations affecting DLC).

"Yes, but I don't want to see Luigi in the spotlight again. Another character deserves a chance." (the second option)

Given how Luigi is not really my favourite Mario character yet I like the idea of a Mario character getting the spotlight, I am in favour of the idea that a character getting a year for themselves. It is unlikely to happen but I would prefer a character that is not one of the primary cast.

Thank you for reading.

Eh I voted Option 2 because it would be more interesting to get a new set of games based off of a new character, and there's more surprise because they haven't been in the spotlight for a year yet.

Yay, a new poll is up, this one by yours truly.
The Paper Mario series has had many different battle systems. What battle system should the next Paper Mario game have?
-The traditional turn-based RPG combat system from Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
-The real-time battle system from Super Paper Mario.
-The single-use item-based battle system from Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Paper Mario: Color Splash.
-The ring-based combat system from Paper Mario: The Origami King.
-I would like to see an entirely new battle system in the next Paper Mario game.
-I am not interested in and/or don't like the Paper Mario series at all, so I do not want to see it continue.
-I have no opinion on this subject.

Like with the Year of Luigi Poll, I voted for the option that seems to be the second most popular aorn, Option 5, as I want Paper Mario to come with a new and creative, BUT ALSO GOOD, battle system.

Option 7. I don't play Paper Mario, so I don't have an opinion.

Honestly I think I will go with option 7 as i actually really enjoyed colour splash's battle system and with spm being my first and favourite i never felt like the battle system of the first two is a must, and that it's fine to be different from that as long as it's good (not that the battle system of the first two was bad though, it'd also be great if they went back to that)

1, or even 2 or 5. I don't understand how they went from pointless battles in Sticker Star, to no-longer-pointless (but still flawed) in Colour Splash, then back to pointless with tedious ring puzzles in Origami King. Just give me a good battle system for gods sake

I would like 1, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. 2, but only if they make major tweaks. I haven't played Sticker Star, Color Splash, or Origami King, so idk about 3 and 4. If a new idea works for the better, 5.

MAKE SURE YOU PICK YOUR FAVORITES

EVEN IF YOUR FAVORITES CAN'T BAT FOR CRAP

BabyLuigi-Stats-Baseball_MSS.png

Mario games sometimes feature differences in abilities or statistics between characters. Does this have an effect on which characters you pick?
  • Yes, I always pick characters with the abilities that I prefer.
  • Sometimes I pick characters based on their statistics, but other times I pick my favorites.
  • It depends on the game or mode as to whether I pick characters based on their abilities or not.
  • No, I do not take a character's statistics into account when I pick them.
  • I have no opinion on this subject.

Option 4. Stats don't matter. I like who I like, and better stats won't get me to pick my least favorites.

Hellooo, it's me, absolutely definitely Ray Trace, here to bring you the new poll because I'm the smartest, coolest, fastest, most arrogant protector or something like that. Those stray feathers you see on the ground have nothing to do with me, I swear.

Mario games occasionally reuse musical motifs from older games in new titles or settings. Do you like hearing the motifs in new context like this?

• Yes, I like hearing familiar motifs being used in new settings
  • I like hearing the motifs brought back, but would prefer them to remain in a context similar to their origin
  • I like old motifs being brought back in new places as long as original compositions are used too
  • I like hearing old motifs occasionally, but would prefer games to mainly use new compositions
  • I do not like old motifs being reused and would prefer each game to have an entirely unique soundtrack
  • I have no opinion on this subject

Option 1, I like throwback music and I'm not really going to throw any stipulations on that. You could have an entire soundtrack using new arrangements of old music and I'd be perfectly fine with that, assuming it's from varied sources anyway.

Boss are you feeling well you don't look so good

Option 1, I think this works well a lot. Examples would be overworld and underground from SMB1 in many ways obviously, athletic from SMB3 in Galaxy and later 3D Land, Hightail Falls and Haunty Halls Galaxies being remixes of SMW's athletic and ghost house themes respectively.

Option 6. I personally am ok with the music, even if the piece is reused in later games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back