Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this poll's creator it's interesting how many people are voting for Option 6, but also refreshing. As I mentioned earlier I voted for Option 5 instead of 6 as you never know; Nintendo could come up with a number of features that are that staggeringly good to justify it costing $50 a year, but that might not happen. At least not more people are voting for a really bad option like Option 1.

So far, the percentage of people who think the price of the Switch Online Expansion is reasonable is hovering around 20 percent, whereas the percentage of people who think it is unreasonable is hovering around 70 percent. I'm surprised, I was expecting less people to see it as reasonable than that and more people to see it as unreasonable than that.

New Poll! Don't worry, I'm just being 64DD who's actually Ray Trace... Just don't try to understand, okay?
733885271640244224.png

Anyway, it's about WarioWare characters!

WarioWare_Gold_characters.png

WarioWare characters have had little interaction with characters from the greater Mario franchise besides Wario. Would you like to see more interactions?
  1. Yes, I would like to see WarioWare and Mario characters interact in any way possible.
  2. Yes, but I think they should be limited to WarioWare characters appearing in Mario games.
  3. Yes, but I think they should be limited to Mario characters appearing in WarioWare games.
  4. Yes, but I think they should be restricted to small cameo appearances only.
  5. No, I do not want to see WarioWare and Mario characters interacting at all.
  6. I don't care if the WarioWare characters interact with Mario characters.

Option 6. I don't really care if Wario introduces his friends to the Mario cast.

I am of the opinion that at least Waluigi should appear in WarioWare in person, mainly because Wario and Waluigi are an interesting pair that is sadly not explored in the WarioWare games, even though the Camelot games made this pair loveable.

Thank you for reading.

Option 1. Why not. At least so we could see whether they fit in with Mario's universe and are worth bringing back reccuringly in spin-offs. On the other hand, I'm a bit iffy on Mario's cast bleeding into the Wario franchise--it could work as a nifty one-shot, similarly to how that 2001 Diddy Kong Pilot build tried bringing Mario characters in the DK franchise, but I feel that making it a repeated affair would dillute the franchise's identity by making it "just another Mario". I don't have mighty strong opinions on the subject, though, especially since I'm not big on WarioWare.

I'd be happier with them as playables in Mario spinoffs like Kart, than Mario appearances in Warioware.

WARNING: NEW POLL (REAL) (NOT CLICKBAIT)

SMW_Goomba_Sprite.gif
SMW_Goomba_Sprite.gif
SMW_Goomba_Sprite.gif
SMW_Goomba_Sprite.gif
SMW_Goomba_Sprite.gif

Occasionally Mario games bring back enemies after a long absence. Would you like to see more infrequently appearing enemies return to the series?
  • Yes, I would like to see older enemies reintroduced more often.
  • I like seeing old enemies brought back occasionally alongside regularly appearing enemies and new ones.
  • I am alright with old enemies being brought back as long as they are heavily updated.
  • I am fine with old enemies being brought back, but only if they retain their original properties as much as possible.
  • I would prefer games stick to new or already common enemies.
  • I have no opinion on this subject.

I went for option 2 on this one. I like to see them come back every so often, but they don't need to be an overwhelming focus or anything.

Option 1. The forgotten enemies should receive more appearances.

Option 1, seeing many forgotten enemies too would be a lot of fun as opposed to just recurring or new ones.

Option 2: While it is great to see returining enemies that were MIA, I would like to see them alongside the new ones especially the enemies from Odyssey.

It is great to see MIA enemies in more recent games. Reznors in NSMB2, Chargin Chucks and Galoombas in 3D World, Sumo Bros and Twimps in NSMBU, Ninjis and Fishing Boo in Mario Run.

Having old enemies return is a nice idea because it would be like seeing an old friend, as contradictory as it sounds. It's fun to see how well old faces can fit within the newer framework, so for example, Galoombas have a rather long absence, but they seem to fit in Super Mario 3D World well for basically being more durable Goombas, and Chargin' Chucks manage to fit well in the newer era for their charging abilities that work nicely in 3D.

Although, there's still room for new faces, because the Mario series is about problem solving, and new enemies are basically new problems waiting to be "solved" (at their expense, unfortunately for them). I do think this should extend to the RPG games, where it's not necessarily about original enemies but also enemies that were never in an RPG. Like for example: how would a Conkdor or Gushen behave in a Paper Mario game? That would be a way to utilise these neatly-designed enemies into a new light.

Thank you for reading.

I'd love a mainline Return to Dino Island or something.

Pleased to report that Dinosaur Island has appeared in a game released as recently as 2019!

As a couple of returning SNES courses in Mario Kart Tour. Technically that's Dino Island, I think.

I choose option 2 in the poll. Hearkening back to old times is great, but I'm a bit more partial to new concepts myself.

Both Options 3 and 5 only having one vote by 318 votes make them some of the least popular choices I've ever so far, lol

I voted Option 3 on the new poll; I like seeing holiday-based content but want to see emphasis put on holidays like Veterans Day more too.

I don't recognize my opinion in these very limited options offered by these polls and I can understand why I'm not the only one. Can you just add the option : « other opinion » so it can be more representative of how many person don't recognize themselves in these options?

DO

Polls by nature have restrictive options and we can't cover every single opinion out there and including "other" or write-ins (which are exclusively only to our Awards polls) isn't exactly engaging poll result material.

However, what poll option were you seeking regardless? It would help to be descriptive on what option you feel is omitted so we can take opinions into account when we make future polls.

Polls by nature have restrictive options and we can't cover every single opinion out there and including "other" or write-ins (which are exclusively only to our Awards polls) isn't exactly engaging poll result material.

However, what poll option were you seeking regardless? It would help to be descriptive on what option you feel is omitted so we can take opinions into account when we make future polls.
Come to think of it, I should have suggested adding the option "I can occasionally enjoy seasonal content but would like to see it not never but less often."

Hey! You got your Animal Crossing in my Super Mario! Well, you got your Super Mario in my Animal Crossing! Now we've just got a delicious candy bar, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Mr._Resetti.png

(Artist's rendition of Ray Trace directing the Poll Committee on an average day.)

The Animal Crossing series has often included Mario-themed furniture and clothing. Do you like seeing these kinds of items appear?
  • I enjoy these types of items appearing and would like to see more of them.
  • I like these types of items and feel that the series introduces just the right amount of them.
  • I am OK with this kind of item but would prefer to see slightly fewer of them.
  • I do not like seeing these kinds of items and would prefer items in the series to remain fully Animal Crossing-themed.
  • I have no opinion on whether Mario items appear in Animal Crossing.

I voted option 1 because I like Mario stuff, I guess. However, I've never played Animal Crossing and, unrelatedly, live under a rock, so I don't have too strong of an opinion on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back