Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Option 6. It's way too early to discontinue the Switch. They should focus on new games, better online that is actually free instead of payed, and fixing joy-con drift properly.

No need for a new console, my pre-Mariko Switch is still perfectly suitable for me.

The first thing to do is determine if your Switch is vulnerable to fusee-gelee, the exploit we will be using to launch CFW.

This vulnerability was independently discovered by several different Switch hacking teams, and multiple variants of it were released to the public in April 2018 after a 90-day disclosure period ended. Nintendo and NVIDIA were made aware of the issue before the public release as a result, and Switch systems that are not vulnerable to the exploit started being spotted in the wild in July 2018. NVIDIA publicly acknowledged the flaw in April as well. In July 2019, Nintendo announced updated consoles, a handheld variant of the Switch called the Switch Lite (HDH-001), and a new model of original Switch (HAC-001-01) with better battery life. Both of these new models use a new processor called the T210b01 (also known as T214 and Mariko) with a new bootROM, and are not hackable at the current time.

Patched and Mariko units can be identified by their serial number. This number can be found on the bottom of your Switch adjacent to the USB-C port, or in the Settings applet at System -> Serial Information.

I am sitting in Option 6 because the Switch does have a lot of untapped potential in bringing nostalgia (old games from Nintendo's entire library from NES, SNES, GBA, N64. and even Wii) as well a new titles to it still.

I'll say Option 2 because I don't want to see a full successor to the Switch anytime soon, and neither do I want to see exclusive games to a potential Switch Pro (which could be the case if it has more processing power). I wouldn't mind some quality-of-life improvements, as long as they don't outdate the regular Switch model.

Definitely option 6. Still love using my current Switch, and while a powered up "Nintendo Switch Advance" would be cool, I really just want more games for the system I already own. Also fun fact: Today (at least on the west coast) marks the day the Switch's lifecycle reaches the same number of days as the Wii U's, which is pretty fitting considering the poll's topic.
The Wii U released on Nov 18 2012 and the distance from then to March 3 2017 is 1567 days.
The Switch released on March 3 2017 and the distance from then to Jun 16 2021 is also 1567 days.
So, where's our Switch U Nintendo?
(*I definitely didn't make an account today just to share this fact here, lol*)

It's time again for a new poll, this time taking a look at a recent trend in Mario spin-off rosters!

Recently, Mario spin-off titles have added generic members of species to their rosters, such as Spike and Chain Chomp. How do you feel about this?
  • I enjoy seeing these representatives of these species on rosters and hope that more species are used as playable characters in spin-off titles.
  • I've enjoyed the various species representatives added to the rosters of spin-off games, but I don't think there should be more.
  • I don't mind these kinds of additions, but I'd rather see them limited to games with larger rosters like Mario Kart and the baseball titles.
  • I dislike the practice of adding species representatives to spin-off rosters and would prefer that established individual characters (e.g., E. Gadd, Cappy) are added instead.
  • While I dislike the addition of generic species representatives, I wouldn't mind these additions if they were fleshed out as distinct characters.

As for myself, well... I have to go with option one. I don't mind seeing characters like Piranha Plant, Chain Chomp, or Charging Chuck. The more we get, the merrier. I do want to see established characters get roster slots, but I like seeing the various species in the series used to their full potential.

Also, if you didn't see it, do notice that our Poll Committee Chairperson election has started!

Option 2. I like using Boo, Koopa, Goomba, Shy Guy, and Blooper. The others (Magikoopa, Chargin' Chuck, Monty Mole, Spike (aka Fishy for any SMG4 fans), Hammer Bro., Dry Bones, Lakitu, Paratroopa, Wiggler, Fly Guy) I don't really care for. I've never used Luma, so I'm neutral with him.

As long as Baby Luigi is playable I don't really care who makes it in.

It's time again for a new poll! This week, we're looking for your thoughts on Kinopio's Cafe and the concept behind it. Would you stop in at a Mushroom Kingdom restaurant for a bite? What do you want from a Mario-themed restaurant?

Kinopio's Cafe, a Mario-themed restaurant, is now open in Super Nintendo World in Osaka, Japan. Are you interested in dining at the restaurant?
  • Yes, I would love to visit Kinopio's Cafe and have the full experience of dining in a Mario-themed restaurant.
  • I would like to visit Kinopio's Cafe, but I am more interested in the atmosphere and decoration than dining on the food.
  • I have no desire to visit or dine in the restaurant, but I would like to get souvenirs from it through secondhand means.
  • I would like to visit Kinopio's Cafe, but I am more interested in the Mario-themed dishes rather than the atmosphere or decorations.
  • I have no desire to visit or dine in this specific restaurant, but I would consider eating at a similar Mario-themed restaurant if one more accessible to me opened.
  • I am not in the least bit interested in a Mario-themed restaurant and would not dine at this restaurant or any like it.

As for myself, I had to go with option two. In all honesty, I probably won't have a chance to visit a Mario-themed restaurant unless one opens closer to me, but I can't say that I wouldn't be interested in the novelty of sitting down in a restaurant themed around Mario.

(And don't forget to vote in the Awards polls right next to our Main Page poll!)

(Don't forget, as well, that our Poll Committee Chairperson election is going on now!)

Option 1. If I had the money and time, I would visit the café. The dishes look amazing the decorations are all Mario themed, and the atmosphere would be very inviting.

Chances of me getting there at all are very slim, but I'll have to go with Option 2. Obviously the food would have to be decent enough otherwise I probably wouldn't go back at all given the option, but really the main draw is the novelty of eating in a Mario-themed restaurant.

when will super nintendo world come out in hollywood that's the one i'll visit

I don't intend on setting foot outside of Europe any time soon and I don't know if there's enough interest to build a Nintendo World here, but I'd definitely go visit a Mario snack bar if it was accessible enough. Option 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back