Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

juC6jdB.png

One neat, pleasant surprise I found while playing a European version of Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour is that Shadow Mario talks for some reason.

If you've played with the NTSC versions, Shadow Mario's taunts are just a bunch of ellipses, which is the one I've gotten accustomed to, hence my surprise.

I.. don't know why the apparent regional difference, but it exists.

Galaxy 2's Throwback Galaxy having the Whomp King fought on the underside of the level is actually a concept that was originally conceived in Galaxy 1's development with the "Starman Fort" level that didn't make it into the final game. Based on the model of that, you'd go to the top and then fall through a tube to emerge on the underside, where you'd fight an early version of Megaleg.

1. I never knew that Mario can die by being squished or crushed. I thought that was a Sonic thing. 2. In Super Mario 64 in the slide in Cool Cool mountain has a code for the 121 star. Though it's not working.

The Fake 121st Star spins awkwardly and if you jump the the star it won't do anything. Its found (I think) in the middle of cool cool Mr. Slide. (If I'm correct)

The Fake 121st Star spins awkwardly and if you jump the the star it won't do anything. Its found (I think) in the middle of cool cool Mr. Slide. (If I'm correct)
as the video i posted to said, it doesn't exactly exist and the reason the person thought it existed was because of an error in the editing tool he used which caused "dummy objects" to seem though they are there when they actually aren't. in fact sm64's code does not really contain that star and it does not appear in the game normally. anyway i don't think the purpose of this thread is to post information we get from online which are impossible to discover from playing the game.

1588972589842.png

Diddy Kong's Standard Kart is the only one to not have a white "stem," for lack of the right word, in front of the steering wheel. His is yellow.
Unless one of the Miis has one. I bet the female Mii has a pink "stem," but I can't find any screenshots or models.

as the video i posted to said, it doesn't exactly exist and the reason the person thought it existed was because of an error in the editing tool he used which caused "dummy objects" to seem though they are there when they actually aren't. in fact sm64's code does not really contain that star and it does not appear in the game normally. anyway i don't think the purpose of this thread is to post information we get from online which are impossible to discover from playing the game.
Oh well I have another fact!
(Everbody Knows This.)
In New Super Mario Bros Wii if you collect 99 lives You cannot see Mario's hat.
I think Nintendo wanted to make a easter egg or something.

Oh well I have another fact!
(Everbody Knows This.)
In New Super Mario Bros Wii if you collect 99 lives You cannot see Mario's hat.
I think Nintendo wanted to make a easter egg or something.
I didn't. I haven't played that game for years, and when I did, I was too young too hold onto my lives that well.

With the exception of GCN Cookie Land, the music for all of the retro battle arenas in Mario Kart Wii are remixes. I find this interesting as the SNES and GBA retro tracks feature remasters of the original songs rather then remixes, and the N64 and DS Battle Arenas get a remix despite the fact that the retro tracks from those games use the original songs.

I think Wii's cover version of Skyscraper is a thousand times worse than the original version.

I just realized that every Mario Kart game either has SNES Rainbow Road, or Fake Item Boxes.

SMK - SNES Rainbow Road
MK64 - Fake Item Boxes
MK:SC - SNES Rainbow Road
MK:DD - Fake Item Boxes
MKDS - Fake Item Boxes
MKWii - Fake Item Boxes
MK7 - SNES Rainbow Road
MK8 (DX) - SNES Rainbow Road
MKT - SNES Rainbow Road

Ok I just realized a theory about Animal crossing from Mario Kart 8/deluxe single player mode. How do the tracks change seasons well find out! So this will involve and include math, thinking, and percentages.

So first think about the number 100. That's the whole track with all the variations of it. Then think about the number 4 that's the number of all the tracks variations in Animal Crossing. Now think about 25. Now we put all these numbers into a equation.

100 ÷ 4 = 25.

Now think about percentages.

100% ÷ 4 = 25%

Now the 25% Is the chance to get each season. The 100% represents all 4 track variations and the 4 is each track variant.

So my theory is that In Single Player Mode for Mario Kart 8/Deluxe is that you get a 25% chance to get a different season in Animal Crossing in Mario kart 8/deluxe Single Player Mode.
(I used a caculator to check everything.)

I didn't realize until I played through with my dad, since I didn't have Star Allies, but if you look at the statues in Bowser's Castle in Odyssey, the ones that explode after fighting Topper and Harriet, the "god" of thunder is wearing a machine that looks exactly like Zan Partizanne's electric machine thingy.

Ok I just realized a theory about Animal crossing from Mario Kart 8/deluxe single player mode. How do the tracks change seasons well find out! So this will involve and include math, thinking, and percentages.

So first think about the number 100. That's the whole track with all the variations of it. Then think about the number 4 that's the number of all the tracks variations in Animal Crossing. Now think about 25. Now we put all these numbers into a equation.

100 ÷ 4 = 25.

Now think about percentages.

100% ÷ 4 = 25%

Now the 25% Is the chance to get each season. The 100% represents all 4 track variations and the 4 is each track variant.

So my theory is that In Single Player Mode for Mario Kart 8/Deluxe is that you get a 25% chance to get a different season in Animal Crossing in Mario kart 8/deluxe Single Player Mode.
(I used a caculator to check everything.)

Real people use the button trick to pick the season they want.

Uh... well, did you know that there are characters in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and LoZ: Majora's Mask that are based on Mario and Luigi? I think that was the game...

In Mario 64, when you meet Yosh-ster on the roof, he says, "Mario! It that really you?"

In Sticker Star, there's an unattainable Thing in 4-2, AKA Ice Flow.

Luigi is the only person to know what Shy Guy looks like under his mask (I think).

Uh... well, did you know that there are characters in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and LoZ: Majora's Mask that are based on Mario and Luigi? I think that was the game...
Yes. Talon is among the best characters in the series. Same with Sharp the super and dead composer brother.

Oh, I like Talon too. I also like how he's wearing a Bowser brooch on his clothes.

Back