Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

ZelenPixel

(she/her) actual spore creature
im fine with the final designs either way i think them being bnuuy fits real well but god if i wasnt just a bit obsessed with the one concept art of them as girl koopas

or i think theyre koopas anyway im not seein any shells . but ya get my point!

J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome plumber
Well, in Mario Kart 8, they have the circle of stars when getting hit by a Boomerang and Bob-Omb too. What's different from that and the Lightning Bolt?

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Well, in Mario Kart 8, they have the circle of stars when getting hit by a Boomerang and Bob-Omb too. What's different from that and the Lightning Bolt?
I actually didn't know that Piranha Plants could even be hit by Boomerang or Bob-ombs, I was just noting the stars and the fact that to my knowledge Lightning was the only way to stun them. I suppose that's something else I didn't notice before. :P

Brawl Mario

Boomerang is like that item's biggest weakness. They cut right through the plants. Pirahna plants lunge after Bob-Ombs and cause Bob-Ombs to explode and stub the thing.

Btw you know that Piranha Plants can eat Bloopers?

BBQ Turtle

Crazy sponsors lady.
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Yeah, I know that the item Piranha Plant can eat Bloopers, but what I was referring to with the stars was the Piranha Plants that appear as obstacles on the tracks- I noticed it specifically with the ones on Sweet Sweet Canyon. I kind of forgot about the item when I was writing that. :P Still, I didn't know that Bob-omb and Boomerang stuff in reference to the item.

ZelenPixel

(she/her) actual spore creature
just noticed donkey kongs renders in mario + rabbids seem to have his fur not rendered but partly edited from photos and partly drawn on (you can see brush strokes at the edges)

and it does actually looks fine from a distance! and good call too because rabbid kong does have rendered fur and it just looks gross especially on the mega rabbid kong render
for the record everyones fur is rendered in tropical freeze and it does look really good but m+r renders seem to be made by ubisoft themselves so they do things differently

Brawl Mario

The blue Mario referee wears different two color clothes (also if Pink DK Jr and Blue Bowser can get their own articles, why not this Mario)

Man also I don't think we'll ever get this kind of oddity in a Mario game ever again.

J-Yoshi64

I look forward to seeing Blue Referee Mario become a mainstay separate playable character.

Brawl Mario

Well, my headcannon says he's the same blue Mario in Smash Bros. up until Smash 4 until the cotton candy one replaced him. He's also in Mario Golf 64 (though the insignia here is red).

Also why can't we have colored alts in Mario sports games again (which allows for mirror matches?)? That was fun.

Brawl Mario

This (kinda hard to see against a white background)?

And there's him in the Game Boy version of it, too!

J-Yoshi64

Now which name is better: Goomboss or Goomba King?