Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown

Bangarang | DJ Luigi | DJ Luigi | Know Your Meme

Hey everyone! Normally this is the time where I close submissions for the month, however since presentations are currently taking priority and Issue 173 is still a little while off, I will be extending submissions for one more week until August 7th, so if you have any ideas, now's the time! Just as a reminder, the theme for this month is characters from beaches, jungles, and other tropical locations.

Uhhh let's see Coach the Penguin spar against Penguru. Penguru might be old, but he may have more than just a few tricks up his flipper!

Coach_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_Galaxy_2.png
150px-Penguru_SMG.png

Submissions for Issue 173 are now closed! Fun fact: This is the highest number of both nominations and participants we've ever had in a Smackdown nomination cycle! Thank you all very much for participating, there's a lot of great stuff here and it's going to be a tough choice. Be sure to read the next issue of The 'Shroom later this month to see who made the final cut, and in the meantime, enjoy Awards season!

Latest section was amaaaaaZing! I laughed so hard!

Wario_Jump_Gold.png

Hey there chumps! It's-a me, Wario! Wahahaha! I'm here to announce that submissions for Issue 174 are open! In anticipation of my upcoming game WarioWare: Get It Together, this month's theme is all about ME! WAHAHA! We're looking for characters from WarioWare, Wario Land, or really any game that has MY beautiful name in the title! So nominate those fighters and buy WarioWare: Get It Together when it launches on the Nintendo Switch on September 10th! And remember, have a rotten day! Wahaha!

We all know that Young Cricket and Lulu are natural candidates, being fighters. Of course, I would also like to nominate some less "fighty" characters that I particularly like: Jimmy T., Mona, and Orbulon. And of course, the big man himself, Wario.
Why any of these characters would be willing to fight each other is beyond me, honestly. Also, I really like the idea of Jimmy T. dance fighting instead of straight up fighting, but whatever.

Also, #ImAChuckster. (Which isn't to say let only Chuck commentate, but I'd love to hear a few from him.)

Do you need assistance finding a fighter who knows Wario? Come visit this shop! They'll take care of all your needs!

The perfect choice is waiting here, just for you, and it won't even cost you a single medal! Let the Item Shop Owner fight! What can a simple shop owner do? Why, they can use a range of items to attack opponents, and can no doubt select the best item for the job every time! They'll look at their foe, decide whether a Blast Cannon, Black Dog, or any other item in their inventory is best suited for the job, and they'll claim victory!

They have options when it comes to offense, but what about defense? They may not look like much, but what are you going to do when you try and shoot them with a projectile, and then it suddenly flies over their head when they become a black cat!? Can you keep up with a little black cat wandering around the ring, scurrying and hiding, transforming back into the shopkeeper at the most opportune moment to strike? I hear this shopkeeper might even have another form they can take, too...

It's a friendly, locally-owned business in the Golden Pyramid, so go find a shopkeeper today! #ImAChuckster #GoldenPyramidShop #Medals4Goods

WWGIT_Wario_Artwork_5.png

What kinda nomination is THAT? I don't remember being in that comic, so it was a TERRIBLE COMIC! Nominate something about WARIO! WAHAHA!

Oh.

Then I nominate Wario

Wario_Point_Gold.png

Wahaha! Wario here again! Aren't you happy to see my handsome face? Well you should be! Submissions for Issue 174 are closed! Hope you got your submissions in! If not, TOO BAD! WAHAHAHAHAHA! And I see some of you even nominated me! Good choice! Be sure to read the new issue of The 'Shroom to see which characters from my great adventures will be in Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown!

And don't forget to buy WarioWare: Get It Together! for the Nintendo Switch next week! You'll do it if you know what's good for you!

Have a rotten day!

YES! Jimmy T. made it!

Wario winning. Huh. Didn't see THAT coming.

Free garlic burritos for everyone!
garrlick booritoes.png

Back