Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown

I was just curious, that's all

R.O.B! A pure fighting veteran, this piece of Nintendo history is sure to win the Smackdown! With his laser beam and spinning attack, along with his Gyro, R.O.B is sure to be an excellent contender!

Get Colonel Pluck in on this! Buck-ah-ha-ha-ha!
DKCR_Artwork_Stampfobot_0815.png

Seriously though, he has a variety of moves to choose from. For one, he can simply stomp around in his mech. He can also fly with it and shoot steam from the giant metal C. Did I mention that it only has one weak spot that's very hard to access? And even if it somehow gets blown to bits, there's always the trusty chicken-capsule-thingy-that-doesn't-really-have-an-official-name! That thing can fly around, he can drop it on people, and it also spawns in those annoying chicken robots! Additionally, he can stomp on some bananas, dump then on a horde of Tiki masks, and have an army of Tikis and chickens! Need I say more?

There you have it, the winner for this month. Thank you, thank you.

(Buck-a-ha-ha-ha!)

As it turns out, I have another nominee for the Smackdown!

Mole Miner Max, the Mole Patrol, and the Mole Train!
MoleMiner1.png

I'm not going to be too much of a stickler for what counts as "mechanical", so I'll leave it up to your discretion.
See, the train is what's mechanical.

You don't have to worry about it needing tracks, because as clearly seen in the level "The Mole Patrol" in DKCR, this thing doesn't even need the tracks to get around! It can burrow through the ground because of that massive drill. The cargo of bananas, diamonds, and/or mole miners is enough to defeat any foe, but if you run across one persistent enough, they might just make it to the head of the train, where Mole Miner Max, the Mine Menace and scourge of the underground awaits! With his uncanny ability to dig teleport warp move from cart to cart, Max can swing and throw his trusty pickaxes all over, providing a deadly obstacle for any wishing to hijack this locomotive!

In any case, both my nominees come from a very underrated game and I would love to see one of them in a fight at Smackdown. (I will say Pluck and the Stompybot will probably be the most interesting.)

Input for Issue 179 is closed! Lots of cool pitches this time around, unfortunately I can't use all of them but your involvement is appreciated nonetheless. Be sure to read the next issue to find out who got in and who will win! (Hint: They are both mechanical/mechanically-inclined characters)

Alright it's time for participation for Issue 180 to be open until March 5th! Anything goes this month, no particular theme.

If you'd prefer not to nominate a fighter, you can vote for one of these by leaving a reaction on this post. Making full posts in support of one of these candidates is also welcome! (Fun fact: These were promising nominations from previous cycles that didn't quite make the cut. Is yours in here?)
  • Flying Egg - Getting into Smackdown isn't always all that it's cracked up to be, eh? But this could certainly be an eggcellent candidate! Hopefully I don't have to scramble to pick a fighter this month. What, you don't like my egg puns? You think I should just beat it? Okay fine, I'll stop. If you'd like to see Flying Egg in the next match, react with Wow (😮).
  • Squid Shot - If I make some sort of tenuous connection to Splatoon, I can pretend this is relevant to the latest Nintendo Direct! It shoots! It's a squid! Basically the same thing. If you'd like to see Squid Shot in the next match, react with Thinking (🤔).
  • Mr. I - What's that? You can't see this being a plausible fighter? Oh. What you actually said is you'd leave if I tried to sell another fighter with nothing but puns. Okay, fine. Anyway, it's an eye that shoots lasers! Lasers are cool. If you'd like to see Mr. I in the next match, react with Angry (😠).

But my username is MightyMario.

Does that count?
Hey I'm Waluigi Time but you don't see me stepping into the ring, and why should I, I already get paid without risking broken bones

But I won't stop you from nominating the funny wahoo man if you want

Introducing
1645303330285.png

Knuckles the Echidna
With the second Sonic movie around the corner, Knuckles needs a warmup surely
And Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown is just what he needs
His brute strength is unmatched by anyone else
He may not be as fast as his pal Sonic, but he's still got some speed
He can hit hard and fast
If you can even survive one direct punch from this guy, you won't survive another

You should easily see now how this guy's fit for your Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown Mr.Time
1645303476697.png

Hey I'm Waluigi Time but you don't see me stepping into the ring, and why should I, I already get paid without risking broken bones

But I won't stop you from nominating the funny wahoo man if you want

Alright ill nominate the funny Wahoo man

Waluigi Time, it's been a while, but, I tell you, I tell you, this time, I have champion material for you. I'm talking about a big shot - no, wait, that's a "big shooter." I'm talking about a choleric and furious be- no, wait, hold on, I mean "chlorophyll-filled" beast. I'm talking about a real fighter.

...wait, no. This says "a real flower".

Ah, who cares! All that matters is getting a fighter in the ring and getting a cut of their earnings, which is why I'm nominating the Flifit.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "What's a flower going to do?" Well, can most flowers shoot high-speed, oversized projectiles at you? What are you going to do when you have a gigantic seed flying at your face, rev up a lawnmower?

No! Wait! Don't slam the door yet, because there's more! How many of your fighters can make more of themselves? That's right, there's no tag-team here, but this flower has the power! ...the power to spit Sneeds out into the ring to help it fight, that is. If it can get a few Sneeds out and give them some time, it can even grow new Flifits to help it.

What's that sound like to you? Does that sound like the recipe for a heel? A fighter who makes a whole team in the ring to gang up on their opponent? You know in your heart that Smackdown needs a heel for the audiences to boo, and unless you get yourself a Boo, you aren't getting better than Flifit. I hear it can even call some kind of butterfly Snifit to come and pour some water on it to heal it up. That has to be, like, against at least three Smackdown rules. It's a perfect heel, I tell you!

Even though he lost, I'm glad Colonel Pluck made it in! (Is he alright though? I need his help with something and I can't pull off a good "buck-a-ha-ha-ha-ha" without his help.)

My nominee this time is the Rabbid's from Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, or more specifically, the five merged Rabbid's you can play as: Rabbid Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and possibly Cranky. (Maybe this is more suited for a "group battle" theme, now that I think about it.)
First off, they have a mighty arsenal of weapons at their disposal. Have you SEEN the sheer amount of weapons in that game? Second, there's all the unique dashes (or jump, in Rabbid Cranky's case). There's also the fact that you could pull the Mushroom Kingdom's biggest heroes to help them (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong). PLUS! Spawny, Beep-0, Ziggies, Slammers, Hoppers, Peek-A-Boos, Valkyries, mid-bosses, and big bad bosses. All the Rabbids.

But most importantly: They come from a turn-based game so I just think it would be funny to see them move very "robotically" and then just get pulverized without doing anything to counter it. But again, it may be better suited for some sort of team theme.

Even though he lost, I'm glad Colonel Pluck made it in! (Is he alright though? I need his help with something and I can't pull off a good "buck-a-ha-ha-ha-ha" without his help.)
He's alright but will probably be in a neck brace for the next 3-4 weeks

Alright ill nominate the funny Wahoo man

You know what? Nah. I withdraw that nomination.

Mario, Mario, Mario. It's all Mario, all the time. Kinda boring, right? What if there was something like Mario, but better...?
1645810739856.png

Introducing... METAL MARIO! It's like Mario, but metal! So much better, right?

MEANWHILE DEEP WITH IN A SPOOKY HAUNTED MANSION A RETURNING PHINEAS J. SHOE AND HIS WELL RESTED ASSISTANT ROSE LOOK TO PUT THE FINSIHING TOUCHES ON THEIR MOST DIABOLICAL PLOT YET.
"Hurry Rose we must make haste lest the Spirts arise" an impatient Phineas barks.
"Boss what are we even doing in this haunted mansion?" asks rose struggling to keep up with Phineas.
"It's very simple Rose you fool. Hidden somewhere in this Mansion there is said to be a legendary warrior that will be the key to victory. We shall find that Warrior, bring him to our side AND THEN WE SHALL CONQUER THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM SMACKDOWN HAHAHAHAOW" the doctor cackles before crashing into a large door with an unusually large keyhole.
Phineas furiously attempts to open the door but it's locked. "DRATTTTTTTTTT THE DOOR IS LOCKED...Guess it's time to give up and go home" Phineas says sadly walking away.
"Wait boss look over there" Rose says gesturing towards a treasure chest.
"LOOK ROSE A TREASURE CHEST." Phineas says not giving any credit to Rose for finding it
"IF WE CAN'T FIND THE WARRIOR WE CAN AT LEAST STEAL THIS MANSIONS TREASURE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Phineas cackles.
" Would ya keep it down some of us are tryin' tuh sleep" a voice calls from inside the chest.
A startled Phineas opens the chest which contains only an unusually large Key.
"What do yuh want what are yuh doin' here" The key says indigently in a thick Brooklyn accent.
Phineas's eyes light up "Look Rose i've found the Warrior i've found the Key to victory" he exclaims.
"Uh Boss he's a little small don't you think" a skeptical Rose asks.
"Jinx is small and he's a legendary martial artist!" replies Phineas.
Rose starts to say something before deciding to move past it.
"Rose they said i'd find the key to victory and look i've found a living key, it all makes so much sense now!" Phineas says excitedly .
"Sir i'm like 95% sure the key is supposed to go in there" Rose says gesturing to the door with an unusually large keyhole.
"NONSENSE ROSE THAT'S JUST A DIVERSION TO TRICK US OUT OF THE TRUE WARRIOR. VERY SNEAKY KEY" Phineas says.
What are yuh tawhkin' about?" The Key says.
"De name is Yakkey kind of like you're doin' yak yak yak. Ya' dig? I guard Tubba Blubba mastuh of dis Mansion " Yakkey explains annoyed at this whole situation.
"YOU CAN'T TRICK THE GREAT AND BRILLIANT PHINEAS J. SHOE! EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU SCREAMS GREAT WARRIOR. THE SMALL FRAME ALLOWNING FOR ENHANCED EVASION AND INCREASED SPEED. CLEARLY BEHIND THIS SMALL YOU HAVE THE STRENGTH OF 5 MARIO'S" Phineas exclaims grabbing the Key.
"What are yuh some kind of Mawhon, or what?" Yakkey asks struggling to escape Phineas's grip. "Just use me ovuh dere and get Mastuh Tubba Blubba" Yakkey says gesturing to the door with an unusually large keyhole that also has a sign that says Insert talking key.
Phineas Ignores Yakkey's protests and runs off with his new "Warrior" as Rose follows behind grumbling that he needs another vacation.

So the great Phineas J. Shoe returns to Smackdown, as the legends foretold...

Input for Issue 180 is now closed! I'll see you all in two weeks with the next Smackdown, over there in Fake News, right under, uh, well it actually depends on what sections get submitted... Just look for me in Fake News, okay?

Back