Unpopular opinions about video games in general.

ZelenPixel

(she/her) actual spore creature
on a second playthrough ill rewatch the cutscenes sure but if you get stuck on a section its just irritating and it especially must be painful for speedrunners too
the chad harry potter and the chamber of secrets havig the vast majority of its cutscenes skippable besides, like, 2 (and one only lasts like 3 seconds)

Ray Trace

Hаppy бirтhдаy то...wаiт...iт's noт мy бirтhдаy?
I like how Mario Kart 64 has an overly long drawn out unskippable trophy cutscene EVERY TIME you win Grand Prix, and that cutscene isn't even remotely interesting to begin with, the only time it has ever been interesting is if you get 4th.

Adult Sweetie Belle

You can't tell me no, there's no place I can't go
on a second playthrough ill rewatch the cutscenes sure but if you get stuck on a section its just irritating and it especially must be painful for speedrunners too
the chad harry potter and the chamber of secrets havig the vast majority of its cutscenes skippable besides, like, 2 (and one only lasts like 3 seconds)
yeah i think this is my thoughts too. i may remember most of superstar saga's plot but that isn't going to stop me from enjoying the cutscenes a second time because it's still charming to go through (and i won't be speedrunning the game any time soon). but if i am stuck on a boss i think having a skip option would help and i understand other people have different preferences to me

I'm not even thinking of buying The Last of Us part 2.

I like how Mario Kart 64 has an overly long drawn out unskippable trophy cutscene EVERY TIME you win Grand Prix, and that cutscene isn't even remotely interesting to begin with, the only time it has ever been interesting is if you get 4th.
The 4th place cutscene is still one of the most brilliantly written in Mario history 🧐. The decreasing in pitch music followed by the Bob Omb straight up assassinating the player still gets me.

Last edited:

Sailor Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's most out-there sailor
The majority of video game music isn't all that notable.

I mean the main theme of very popular games, yeah, people know them, but I don't find most vgm impressive.

The majority of video game music isn't all that notable.

I mean the main theme of very popular games, yeah, people know them, but I don't find most vgm impressive.
It's probably a me thing but I feel like 90% of modern games have like atmospheric/orchestral music in the background I barely hear or don't care about at all for finding it forgettable.

Sailor Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's most out-there sailor
smash ultimate is a particular offender since its bgm is drowned out. the volume mixing is pretty bad. at least they offer an option to adjust that, unlike a weird amount of other nintendo games.