In Which The Masses Answer Magolor04726's Questions About Smash

Tidal Rush from Splatoon 2. I was disappointed that they didn't put it in since it's my favorite Splatoon song, plus it's good enough that it could be ripped straight in without a remix.

The cover of Pollyanna from Mother 1 by Insaneintherain (ft. others) would be pretty rad since it's even better than the official lyrical version imo (though I'd be happy with that version as well). For a song that's not already in Smash, the cover of Littleroot Town from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire by Hyper Potions would be a unique addition.

OK then! Next question:
Which story line style do you like better and why? Brawl's, or Ultimate's? Or you could make up your own and explain it a little in your comment!
It's a tough choice for me, I'm not even sure I can form an actual opinion. Brawl, it forces you to play with characters you aren't comfortable with, but Ultimate has so much more space to explore...
What do you think?

They're both rambling tedious repetitive gibberish but Ultimate at least has more of a Nintendo crossover focus rather than Brawl's clumsy platforming and weird forgettable enemies that have nothing to do with the Nintendo crossover. Also Mario's unlocked early in Ultimate and you can use him the entire way while you can leave Yoshi stranded until the end of the game.

Last edited:
I really like both Subspace Emissary and World of Light, although my preference probably goes to Subspace. Yeah, I like how you can play as Kirby for literally all of World of Light, but I actually liked Brawl's decision to make you play as a variety of characters, and it really adds to the crossover feel. (Kirby representation is pretty strong there too!) Subspace also had more gameplay variety, another thing that gives it the edge.

Can't say for sure because I have no experience with Subspace

Both of them are tedious and not fun to play through from my experience. I'd say World Light has the small edge just because it feels more like a Nintendo crossover than whatever the hell the Subspace Emissary is supposed to be.

Next question: Is that actually Rayman in Battlefield, or is it a prank by Nintendo? And do you think he will become a fighter?
2019071422471800-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

Next question: Is that actually Rayman in Battlefield, or is it a prank by Nintendo? And do you think he will become a fighter?
Neither Rayman nor that's a prank. This is pareidolia were we see stuff from random gibberish. It's just an arrangement of the ice texture that eeriely looks a bit like Rayman.

I don't have high hopes for Rayman being the next fighter after dealing with disappointment after disappointment.

Someone should take the picture of the ice from multiple angles to see how the pareidolia shifts.

barges through the wall upon mention of rayman
him being in a crystal is kinda a stupid i agree with yall! though i will admit the resemblance is kinda uncanny
unknown.png

but besides that there seems to be so many things leading up to him being playable that im totally getting my hopes up super hard for him. this might very well be a mistake but i cant stop myself i guess so 🤷 here we go

I have nothing to say about it. There is no way it's intentional, let alone the fact that they'd just, you know, dedicate some resources to model some random character into the scenery of Battlefield, you know, the most iconic Smash stage? Why the hell would they put Rayman in that of all stages?

There's tons of coincidences. This is no exception.

Whoa, you switched questions real fast, so I'll answer both.

I prefer Subspace. The cutscenes feel very cinematic and show some neat character interactions. Though I'll be honest, I never beat World of Light, but what I know of the story doesn't seem particularly impressive.

The Rayman in the crystal has got to be a coincidence. It's too weird to be true and there's no reason for Nintendo to tease him in this way. Maybe it'd be different if it resembled anything from the Rayman games, but it doesn't afaik.

Allllll righty...
Let's see... hmm... how about...
Which series would you say deserves another character?
I would say... not Mario, F. E., or Pokémon... probably Kirby or a standalone series representative.

Definitely Kirby, as three characters is just too little for the series. I also would like to see another Legend of Zelda character represented as well.

Kirby for sure. Being Nintendo's fourth-biggest franchise, Kirby could definitely use a fourth rep. Specifically, Bandana Waddle Dee is far and away my most wanted fighter in Smash. He's definitely a lot more relevant than any other Kirby series character, and could make for a very interesting moveset. The only thing really going against him is the fact that he's from Kirby, and Sakurai has stated his reservations about representing his own creations too much (honestly though, it's usually his own Kirby games that get all the representation). Also people who say Bandana Dee shouldn't be in Smash because "hat goomba" are wrong and have no taste.

Zelda could probably use another rep too, but unlike Kirby it's hard to think of a potential fourth (seventh if you count clones i guess) rep on the level of Link, Zelda, and Ganon. People have put ideas out there, but I won't comment on them considering I haven't played many Zelda games.

Toad would also be a great pick for Smash--he's undoubtedly very iconic to his series, moreso than several other reps in Smash--but honestly, Mario has more than enough reps already.

Last edited:
Kass! I would LOVE Kass in Smash as a Zelda series rep. Only problem is, he doesn't really fight, nor is he that important...

I don't think any character "deserves" to be in Smash. In my opinion, most series that I would like to see another character for, have enough as is, it's just that they need better representation in general.

Take DK as an example, three characters is more then enough, however representation for games besides the original arcade game and DKC are rather lacking. DKC2 only gets a few remixes, DKC3 apparently doesn't exist, neither does DK64 outside of the meme that is the DK Rap, DKCTF only gets two songs, etc. A little more visual variety is needed as well, you've got Jungle Level, Jungle Level and Jungle Level as your stage options right now, but there's so many other stage themes from the DKC series to choose from, the iconic Minecart levels, or perhaps a level based of the Mill or Stilt Village settings from DKC3 could work. Speaking of Jungle Level, why is Jungle Level 90% of the songs for the songs for the DK series in Smash? And why don't they use they use the actual name (DK Island Swing)? The Gangplank Galleon remix from Brawl has this issue as well, being referred to as 'King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2' in game.

Kirby is the closest to a series where a new character could help with representation, as Bandanna Dee could help to represent the games that weren't made by Sakurai.

Also I feel Sonic could use some extra representation as well. His moveset feels rather lacking, especially when compared the care put into other Third Party characters, and a series that's well known for it's characters only having one is a crime. The music selection, while good as is, could really use some improvements, the classic genesis songs sound a bit muddy, rather then crisp Genesis sounds, and the lack of songs such as Stardust Speedway or the actual version of His World is rather disappointing. While I'm talking about music can we get Boxing from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games? Thanks.

For other series that I feel could use better representation, Final Fantasy as an obvious choice, but I feel Street Fighter could use it as well. The music selection is the entire soundtrack for Street Fighter II, twice, and that's it, so I feel it could use music from later games. Jazzy NYC, Volcanic Rim and Rashid's Theme are must haves.

yea theres enough mario extended universe characters but another yoshi rep would be neat? i have no idea

The baby bros. in that case.

Tbh, Idk. Who "deserves" a spot? I mean as long as the character introduced is fun or someone I like I never have any problems with where they come from.

I do agree that Kirby and Zelda desperately NEED more attention. I think a series who needs more representation is what you're really going for here. Although my most wanted character currently is an FE character I very much think that someone like Dark Matter Swordsman or Bandana Dee should get in at some point to weigh on the Kirby roster, honestly. It's understandable that Zelda has few, tho: the series features recurring characters in the form of the three main characters and a secondary cast that keeps changing. Impa is like, the one recurring character I can think of and honestly should've been here instead of Sheik.

And before you say anything, yes, I know, FE also has a cast that varies from game to game but every game has a new main character so obviously they get more reps than Zelda.

Back