30 questions (a question a day) challenge

Dr. Eggman

act surprised

It is a tie between Felicia from FE Fates and The Dragonborn from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Tie between Fawful, Dimentio and Count Bleck. They may not have the multitude of appearances other characters have, but what they do have is very memorable, and I wish they'd get more credit in the greater Mario legacy, in addition to pretty much every other great original character from the RPGs

That's sorta hard actually.

My Favorite Fire Emblem character is without a doubt Fiora, but to call her my favorite overall video game character feels like a stretch... so I'll just list my favorite by series and see who I like most.

From Mario, I've always liked Luigi.

My favorite Zelda character is Link himself...

Castlevania has some nice characters and Soma Cruz is easily the better protag both in gameplay and character...

Yeah, ok, Fiora (Fire Emblem) wins anyway. Such a best girl she is, I love her so much.
1583520423499.png

Tie between Fawful, Dimentio and Count Bleck. They may not have the multitude of appearances other characters have, but what they do have is very memorable, and I wish they'd get more credit in the greater Mario legacy, in addition to pretty much every other great original character from the RPGs
Fawful and Dimentio are also in the running for my fav Mario character. This isn't the first time I've said but yeah I too wish that MaRPG characters would get more fame

Toadette

i kinda forgot about thsi thread nooo!!!!
anyway my favorite fictional charactres in general are prob both mario and luigi.. which is seemingly a generic answer looking at this thread but theyre just. so wonderful and kind and like. i love them so so much like you wouldnt believe. i strive to be as kind and friendly as they are omg. also their designs are actually perfection? and pretty much like everything else? Im gonna

also im not sure how much this counts because i dunno yet just how long lasting my rayman phase is gonna be but ive also been kinda obsessing over.. globox (of all things) for the past like. half a year. hes just legit cute in origins/legends especially and very charming and also has the Big Friend ENergy. also lotta funnies thanks rayman 3 (also i absolutely love his voice in that game). Hes so good ok

tldr mario mario and luigi mario from super mario

this is a hard question... theres just too many characters that i like!
off the top of my head, i'll go with rosalina, waluigi, funky kong. i think theres something universally likable and appealing about characters in the mario series, so those are the ones that i think about first (also helps that we're on a mario forum lol). there are probably other, more complex characters that i also like a lot but my brain is tired rn and if i start thinking about other series i'll end up being here all day listing characters haha

Day 3!
What is a game that's underrated?

Hoo! I feel like I know quite a few, and am scared am going to be a hypocrite and forget about a really good one.
Do I want to share a niche from my childhood, an unpopular Mario, or promote a recent indie? Can't decide so I'll do all 3

- Zool.(snes) a ninja of candy land platformer.
- Thunder & Lightning. (NES) the best brick break game I've ever played.
- Super Putty. (snes) you're a living clay fighting a war against a 4th wall breaking cat. Puzzle platformer.
- (speaking of clay) Clay Fighter. (snes) a comedy arcade fighting game you play as wacky characters made of clay in a clay world.

Bubble Bobble. Afaik it started as an arcade game where you run around as a chibi bubble blowing dino fighting crabs and stuff. But they seem to have dropped the platforming/arcade genre and switched over to Puzzle Bobble, a spin off where you shoot bubbles at bubbles puzzle game. Puzzle Bobble is good too but I wish the arcade platformer would have a sequel.

Yoshi Story and Super Mario 3D Land. I feel these are games worth having at least 1 playthrough. I feel they scored negatively because people wanted/expected a totally different sub-genre than what was given to them.
Yoshi Story is designed for young children with gaming experience, You play Yoshis in a storybook world, and unlike usual 2D Mario games, the courses are designed for exploration. The story mode can be annoying to unlock courses, but there's also level select mode to make up for that.
3D Land admittingly is a nostalgic take on smb3 with some new elements. It's a cute and easy basic Mario game that plays like the 2d platformers but is 3d roaming, kinda the opposite concept of Yoshi Story now that I think about it. Anyway it's fun for 1 playthrough and some revisits later in life.

Candies 'n Curses. Please check it out you'll love it, it's free and super well made.

The Digimon videogame franchise. Obviously it has a fanbase, but it pales in comparison of Pokemon, the attention it gets that is! Personally I find it as good as Pokemon, sometimes better. Digimon is a big multimedia universe franchise that blurs the lines of our reality and its. Have a digital pet warrior! Anyway, yeah.

Last edited:
Reactions: zel
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii), the games in this series get far more hate then they deserve and I could put any of the here, but I chose this one as it's my personal favourite, and as London 2012 is often considered the best instead of this game. I actually enjoy playing a lot of the events, and there's lots of extras features that makes the game feel more complete, and gives the player more to do, and more reasons to play.

The Sims games on handheld (GBA and DS). I own Urbz: Sims in the City, and it's a surprisingly good game.

I have a lot of games to choose from for this one but I'm going to say LIJ2. I reveiwed it recently and I think it's a pretty good game overall, yet few people seem to recognise it as such

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has a bit of a bad rap among the Kirby fandom, often listed among the worst Kirby games, but personally, I feel it's one of the best, if not the best. It's just so unique, and filled with personality.

Also, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team has a bit of a negative reputation for being slow-paced and...uh...tutorials I had virtually no issue with? Regardless, I just saw the slow pacing as reason to play the game longer, and I loved every bit of it.

Most of the games I played so far I feel have gotten enough praise, honestly. It's hard for me to think of a universally underrated game. Of course, I would talk about PM: Color Splash but I haven't played it so I'm not touching that right now.

I don't have any answers to this one, chief.

I'll go with Metroid: Samus Returns. It's not talked about all that much, even around its release. Main reason being Nintendo had just brought down AM2R, so fans were a little salty, and the last game was Federation Force. But Samus Returns is a fantastic remake of the Game Boy's Metroid II that I wish more people played it.

@Wallop, I agree with you. Digimon should get more love. But I also think Yo-Kai Watch should get more love as well.

I don't really follow that sort of stuff, so I don't really have an answer for that.

i wanna give shoutouts to harry potter and the chamber of secrets (pc)!!! im aware i have an immense nostalgia bias for it but i believe its a great game!! also it looks dam PRETTY like omg
unknown.png
Shot0054.png
Shot0055.png
Shot0056.png
Shot0057.png
Shot0058.png
Shot0059.png
Shot0060.png
Shot0063.png
Shot0064.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
i have an unreasonable amount of love for this game and i keep just. loving it more and more as time goes..

Also, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team has a bit of a negative reputation for being slow-paced and...uh...tutorials I had virtually no issue with? Regardless, I just saw the slow pacing as reason to play the game longer, and I loved every bit of it.
I don't think its community reception was overall negative despite the complaints about the tutorials. You may still be right that its underrated, but I'd have to play the game myself first to know if I agree with you or not

Spore. Or at least it's not a game for everyone. People view it as an evolution simulator, but I think it's far more enjoyable when you view it was a world builder and you make your creatures, buildings, and props along the way (the real thing it's missing is a plant editor). As an evolution simulator, it's really shallow, like all stages it's either three outcomes: befriend, kill, neutral (while cell stage just replace befriend with eat plants). But if you have Galactic Adventures, it really shines as a easy-to-use super basic 3d modeling tool or just make your own environments. The creature, building, and vehicle creators are just so wonderful, it's easy to get lost in that and the adventure editor, so I manage to sink a lot of hours while others tend to kind of get bored with the evo sim part.

Spore is still lacking in features, yes, but mods expand its potential even more. I still think it should have at least a voice slider though since creatures tend to sound like friendly men unless you affix a beak or a mandible. That, don't think mods can really fix, sadly.

Oh and for Day 2, favorite character, look no further than this ugly mug
NSOnlineService_Mario.png

damn that's pretty much my answer lgm

Though here, I'd like to go with Darkspore. I mean, if I could actually PLAY it today, I may have a second opinion on it. The Spore community likes shitting on this game and it didn't score that high with Metacritic but as far as Diablo-likes go, it actually plays extremely well and it has something in it that stands out among other Diablo-likes: its Spore-like customizer. I really want to play it again but....it's literally unplayable now as online-only DRM has outright killed and wiped the game from existence as its servers are no longer up.

Back