PF: The Movie: The Book: The Art Thread

Power Flotzo

you just lost the game
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Power Flotzo
I've considered making a thread to show off all the art I've done, mostly drawings and writings. Here it finally is.

First up, some reposts of art I've done in the past.
https://www.marioboards.com/attachments/8516/

Artwork of some of my RP characters from the thread "Draw other people's OCs or used characters in RPs in your style."

Flotzo-171-Gallery.jpg
A picture of Piper from Superstar Saga I made for The 'Shroom's Community Gallery in Issue 171.

14514.png

14773.png

And finally, the first two of my drawings in the Scribble Deathmatch, courtesy of the Majesty of Monza.

I'll update this thread whenever I'm not too lazy or busy to make something creative. Until the next post, this is PF signing off.

The Scribble Deathmatch is over, so, inspired by certain other people, here's a compilation of all my scribbles plus some commentary on each round.

Round 1: Prompt: Freezie
ScribbleDeathmatchRound1.png

Since this was the first round, my art here seems to be pretty sloppy. The idea behind this one was that Freezies could work as frozen confections in the Mario universe, with disastrous consequences upon consumption.

Round 2: Prompt: Toads
ScribbleDeathmatchRound2.png

Like with Round 1, I had a relatively simple idea coming into this round, which was to draw the Toads screaming in an ear-grating voice and someone having the misfortune of listening to them.

Round 3: Prompt: Comics
ScribbleDeathmatchRound3.png

My idea behind this scribble was to make it some sort of warning about the dangers of procrastination, complete with a cameo from GBA himself.

Round 4: Prompt: Underground
ScribbleDeathmatchRound4.png

Nothing too complicated here, just a typical underground level. I did add in some detail, though, such as the fossils and treasure buried in the ground and a few lines on the stalactites to give a hint of shading.

Round 5: Prompt: Ashley and Red
ScribbleDeathmatchRound5.png

I took some inspiration from Ashley's Song while scribbling. Nothing much to say here.

Round 6: Prompt: Bootlegs
ScribbleDeathmatchRound6.png

Probably the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Mario bootlegs is 7 Grand Dad, and I drew Mario's appearance in the game, with the famous quote from Vinesauce Joel regarding his reaction to the game at the bottom. I almost forfeited this round because of life getting in the way, but submitted my art in time.

Round 7: Prompt: If Waluigi Was in Smash Bros.
ScribbleDeathmatchRound7.png

Waluigi standing there on Final Destination, holding his tennis racket from when he was an Assist Trophy, ready to face off against Master Hand. I originally wanted to make the background black, but decided against it since I had a limited color selection. This was the prompt I had the most fun with.

Bonus: PF's True Form
PFsTrueForm.png

This scribble I did during the intermission where everyone turned into their ultimate forms (in between Rounds 6 and 7), but never posted until now. It acts as a callback to AKG4, when I first roleplayed as that one orchid bamboo girl (she's also part of the reason behind my color choice).

Overall, it was a great experience, and I'll gladly sign up for the next one, even if I end up being a backup. Many thanks to GBA for hosting this tournament!

I'll post stuff regarding my Awards presentations soon.

Awards presentation dump: a behind-the-scenes look at what went into my presentations for this year.

C5-Wiki Contributor Award
PanaNesoC5Prezi.jpg

I made the podium by arranging three wooden blocks and a file folder on top. To prop up my Hanayo neso, I put a duffel bag underneath her and one of my sneakers underneath her stool. The notebook my neso is reading contains my original first draft for this presentation.

I also tacked on a reference to PF Muesli at the end because I felt it would be appropriate given WT's high placement in the award, and another reference to how I created the last four articles for the DKC boss levels back in late 2020.

M16-Favorite Item
ArisaNesoM16Prezi.jpeg

RimiNesoM16Prezi.jpeg

PoPiPaNesosM16PreziIntro.jpeg

For this presentation, I opted to take a different approach: drawing the pictures of the power-ups featured and having the nesos present them through pictures I took on my phone. I started with pencil outlines, then colored each of the six power-ups in with some colored pencils before retracing with a fine-tip Sharpie.

NesosFinalPic.jpg

Here's a final picture with all the nesos and the art I did (note that I didn't get Tae and Saaya until after I returned from my vacation). I'll likely pick up another two presentations next year provided the sign-ups don't get snatched up too quickly.

Finally, I should also mention that I'm working on a new piece of artwork based on one of the comments I got regarding my presentations, so keep an eye out for it!

The aforementioned picture I was working on for the past month or so is complete, based on a comment from someone who has been assimilated into SIFcord these days:

(the post in question was Nex saying "not pictured: arisa telling kasumi to stop flying with the cape" in response to my presentation link being posted in the #mario-awards channel)
KasumiWithCapeSMW.jpg

When I started the drawing, I was going for the vibe of Super Mario World meets a bad New Yorker cartoon. (You probably might have noticed the SMW style from the berries and the clouds with eyes.)

I haven't posted here in a good three months. Here's the two pieces of artwork I was working on since then.

PFDrawingsJan2022.jpg

The top drawing is of the Pastel*Blaster from Garupa Pico Ohmori Episode 17, I was working on the drawing during an arc in that one RP which featured the blaster. I used the video as a reference for my drawing.

The bottom drawing is an OC redesign for PF himself to start off the new year. I wanted to give him a less generic look while incorporating my obsession with the Bushiverse into the redesign. He is wearing a wig of Rimi Ushigome's hair in case it's not already evident.

This thread isn't dead, I promise.

Awards Stuff (was also done as training for the Scribble Tournament):

M20 Pinball.png

Bowser's Pinball Machine
M20 Space Land.png

Space Land
M20 Express.png

Shy Guy's Perplex Express
M20 Horror Land.png

Horror Land
M20 Tycoon.png

Koopa's Tycoon Town

I didn't play Mario Party 8, which is where two of the boards came from, but I didn't let that stop me from completing the presentation. I also noticed that my scribbles become more complex as the placing of the board in this year's Mario Awards increases. In addition, I slipped Glitchman, one of my OCs from a roleplay I participated in but existed well before that time, in each picture.

I might post the scribbles from the tournament itself in this thread, or take a page from WT in this issue of The 'Shroom's Palette Swap and analyze them in a volunteer article. Either way, stay tuned.

Wow, it's been over half a year since I said I would do this and I didn't, but I'm doing it now. My Scribble drawings from last year, complete with commentary.

Round 1: Prompt: Olympics
Scribble22Round1.png

I came into this round with a simple pun in mind, that Koopas could participate in their own Olympics, and I delivered well. This was the Scribble people liked the most in the bonus round, so thanks to everyone for voting it!

Round 2: Prompt: Food
Scribble22Round2.png

This image shows Mario sitting at a table with various foods on the table, like a mushroom steak, and is the first I decided to use a black background. Also the amongus-shaped hill in the background is there unintentionally.

Round 3: Prompt: Vs. Tatanga
Scribble22Round3.png

For this round, I had played Super Mario Land in the past, so I tried to figure out how the final battle of that game would translate into 3D. Apparently, my matchup partner, Oho Jee, made a similar drawing. Can you spot Biokinton, the boss prior to Tatanga?

Round 4: Prompt: Tearful Reunion
Scribble22Round4.png

A prompt from another game I've played. I used the WarioWare Gold version of the microgame as inspiration, as you can see by the alien in the bottom-left corner. Also, the girl's appearance was partially based off a certain someone...

Round 5: Prompt: Your Faith
Scribble22Round5.png

This was by far the most abstract round, so I was fumbling to come up with an idea, until I realized a then-recent event on the Japanese Prsk server (Chasing the Radiance Beyond the Blue Sky) had a ShizuAi scene which discussed "delivering hope to each other". And to think that I almost didn't finish this one!

Back