Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want it to stick to a Mario theme because I'm selfish and Mario is the series I care for the most out of all.

I have a feeling all the titles Miyamoto has a hand in, such as Donkey Kong, Zelda, Star Fox, and probably Metroid, are going to happen. I can see Splatoon and Arms making appearances too. Basically anything Nintendo promotes the heck out of. I'd like to see Kirby and Pokemon included.

Ah, I see you've seen the new poll out today!

With the unexpected passing of beloved community hero Mario Mario, who do you hope takes on the mantle of "Super Mario"?
  • Luigi. It only makes sense to follow in the footsteps of his brother.
  • Princess Peach. She should become the hero for her people.
  • Blue Toad. He's the unsung underdog who deserves a shot at the big time.
  • Toadette. She's proof of the "power of pink".
  • Yoshi. As the one who raised him, he should take on his legacy.
  • Wario. This community deserves more work from the rich 1%.
  • Waluigi. Just look at him.
  • Link. He's already the Hero of Hyrule, being Super Mario won't be any harder.
  • Nobody could EVER replace Mario Mario as "Super Mario".
  • Other:

There's only one person who works hard enough to deserve to replace Mario "Super Mario" Mario, ans that person is Kamek. The final option is my pick, easily.

Luigi. If you're not already convinced, then look at this.
Screenshot_20210401-191441.png
Even Goombario himself admires Luigi! The very Goomba that used to be one of the deceased plumber's biggest and most loyal fans! I wonder if, in that case, why didn't he change his name to reflect his new idol? ...Wait a moment...

Everyone's favorite man in green, who traverses dangerous situations with great courage, even in times of uncertainty, geared with new abilities and gaining more along the way.

I'm talking, of course, of Luigi.

Is the fact that the name Mario is being PERMANENTLY removed from the Super Mario Wiki true?! If so, then it can't! Mario didn't die! Please put it the wiki back to normal!

I know I said Wario earlier but now I'm thinking how funny it would be if Doug Bowser decided to have a Decade of Bowser. 10 years of only Bowser titles.

Bring Mario back, pretty please. If anyone else replaced him, the Mushroom Kingdom would be in a terrible state. Toadette, Peach, Toad, and Luigi haven't really proved themselves yet, and I don't want to see Wario and Waluigi saving the Kingdom. They have better things to do like making video games and playing sports. They could cause way too much chaos if they were heroes. We all know that there is only one super in this Kingdom, and his name is Mario.

Peach, Toad, and Luigi haven't really proved themselves yet

Peach managed to save the Mushroom Kingdom while having an emotional breakdown.
Luigi saved his brother in a haunted mansion despite his fear of ghosts.
Toad beat Wario using puzzles.

I'd say they are quite capable.

It's time for a new poll, and we have a pretty unique question for you this time! Does nostalgia warrant revisiting old locations in Mario games, or do you have reservations about old locations reappearing?

Would you like to see platformer games revisit old locations, like the Throwback Galaxy or Super Mario Odyssey's Mushroom Kingdom?
  • Yes, I enjoy new games revisiting old Mario locations.
  • Yes, but I would like to see more locations from subseries revisited.
  • Yes, as long as updates are made to the locations that make them worth revisiting.
  • Yes, but as long as they appear alongside plenty of new locations.
  • While I do not mind revisiting old locations, I prefer seeing brand new ones.
  • No, I would prefer to see the series focus entirely on brand new locations instead.
  • I have no opinion on this subject.

As for myself, I have to go with option three. I do enjoy when an old location reappears, being a sucker for callbacks and continuity nods, but more important than a location being new or old is whether it's interesting. If you can give an old location a reason for its return, give it something new and compelling, then, by all means, have them return.

Option 3. I'd rather see old locations be updated with new music, enemies, or objectives rather than seeing the sane old stuff but with a new coat of paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back