post any random Mario thought on your mind

DID SOMEONE SAY KOOPATROLS?!?!?!
SPMKoopatrol.png

(i freaking love koopatrols)

*clears throat*
MAKE FAWFUL PLAYABLE IN SPINOFFS DANGIT!

For a more substantial thought, I find it really funny that DreamAlpha decided items get humansonas. Like, they saw that was the case with Toad, and went with it. Block people, sheep people. Heck, the sheep people one is meta, because that's a Paper species originally I think.

*clears throat*
MAKE FAWFUL PLAYABLE IN SPINOFFS DANGIT!

For a more substantial thought, I find it really funny that DreamAlpha decided items get humansonas. Like, they saw that was the case with Toad, and went with it. Block people, sheep people. Heck, the sheep people one is meta, because that's a Paper species originally I think.
Unfortunately, they didn't get Skewers to talk. Imagine if Skewers talked. They'd be constantly making points.

Idea: Lakitus or sone other enemies that can fly that serve as Statler and Waldolf of the Mario universe and crack jokes of any possible mistake you make
And to tie into that statement... how about Skewers too??

Unfortunately, they didn't get Skewers to talk. Imagine if Skewers talked. They'd be constantly making points.

Skewers would make excellent volleyball players too. No one can spike the ball quite like them.

Nice to see Sandmaarghs reappearing in the new Mario Golf, I like it when they bring back more obscure things that haven't been seen for a few years.

i'd flip my retina if they brought back Mr. I

like, he appeared frequently up until mario party 8 and then he just kinda started not existing anymore?

i don't just want him to appear, i want him playable

To whom it may concern at Nintendo,

20210226_163501.jpg

It's been almost 3 years since this port's release and 7 since the original's.

Yep, you know where this is going. Stop pulling our legs--it's treetop-high time for a new Donkey Kong game. And this time get Eveline Novakovic and Grant Kirkhope on board too.

yes yes Yes Yes YES Plesae give me more donkey kongtent Please
if not retro i hope they get, like, paon to do something, becaues i dont exactly trust nintendo themselves to rep it well though.... ifeel like theyll just hand you Yet More dkc1
but i should just stop worrying so much about that. honselty. Just give me more donkey kong kontent

But isn't the studio behind the DK games (Retro Studio) still developing a Metroid Prime?

I'd be happy with EAD developing a DK game to be honest. Jungle Beat, while derivative IP-wise, was very fun.

Kremlings are cool and I love them, but I want the next group of antagonists to be alien invaders. This would once again expand the foreignness of DKC baddies and continue the thematic transition that took place between DKCR and DKCTF, i.e. fighting indigenous forces (Tiki) to nomadic invaders (Snowmads) to invaders from a completely different world.

Not to mention, it would be right up Retro's alley to make a sci-fi themed DK game, were they to develop another
DKC game. Imagine the Kongs fighting Ridley and Mother Brain like enemies. There we go, a DK64 sequel that mixes the shooty Coconut Gun stuff with the FPS mechanics of Metroid Prime.

Last edited:
ok yeah i love that idea actually
i think what i would maybe actually like the most is like.. bring more kongs back. wheres lanky. wheres chunky who gets left out of Everything and its time that Stops

Lanky's the game's shopkeeper, following in the steps of Cranky and Funky. Also, he's a redneck who constantly complains about those damn extraterrestrials messing up his cornfield and stealing his cows.

Reactions: zel
Lately I've been going back down memory lane with the SNES - Nintendo Switch Online service. This even includes playing Super Mario All-Stars, though the ability to rewind your playthroughs does feel like a cheap way to outwit the difficulty of SMB: The Lost Levels (which is not quite as hard as in the original NES revision).

Is Mario still officially a plumber?

I Realized That Mystery Houses From Super Mario 3D World is similar to Wario Ware, But You only get one chance and you can't screw up.

i think i remember some people speculating that it would come back in every game style.

man i miss when people had expectations this high.....

The person stated that it's criminal that Costume Mario never returned in Super Mario Maker 2, and the majority of the responders don't seem to understand that there's a valid reason for the power-up's absence; copyright issues involving the 2nd party and 3rd party characters.
what I don't understand is removal of the thing all together. it would be nice to play as Mario/Luigi/Paper Mario

Back