Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Superstar saga's original Bowser was so bad they replaced it for the Japanese release

My sister adores the Dream Team art style and I'm mighty salty that Partners in Time did not get it.

Sometimes, being a Baby Luigi fan is just about the literal worst thing to be a fan of ever out of any character fans. >:7 >:7

Dry Bowser is not a clone of Bowser.

Luigi is the better Mario brother.

I think their full names (according to the Hollywood movie) are ridiculous (Mario Mario and Luigi Mario).

Wario didn't deserve to be an Anti-Hero.

The Mushroom King is the best character ever.

Donkey Kong didn't deserve to be such a failed series that he blended in with the Mario universe.

Donkey Kong only kidnapped Pauline because he's alone.

Penguin Mario is a clone of the blue penguin from Club Penguin.

Bee Mario looks ridiculous.

and finally, Waluigi doesn't deserve to be in Super Smash Bros as a playable character.

Last edited:
I always thought he was the left over bones from getting burned up/melted in the lava...

Also, from replaying Sunshine recently, I forgotten how weird Bowser's voice was in that game.

Donkey Kong didn't deserve to be such a failed series that he blended in with the Mario universe.

WDYM, it's one of the best-selling Nintendo franchises, at least according to Wikipedia which stitched several sources together for this claim. I also love the idea of DK sharing a universe with Mario.

I agree, I don't know why people keep saying that. Their designs are different enough that Dry Bowser, in some places, is not even compatible with Bowser's anatomy. His skull, at least, isn't. I'm not necessarily stating they are not meant to be the same character, although I do entertain the headcanon that the Dry Bowser we see outside NSMB and NSMB2 is not Bowser himself but his brother, which, if I remember correctly, is actually corroborated to some extent in Mario Party: Island Tour.

and finally, Waluigi doesn't deserve to be in Super Smash Bros as a playable character.

He's barely even good as an Assist Trophy. How would he fare as a fighter? Kill everyone with how pathetic he is?

Last edited:
He's barely even good as an Assist Trophy. How would he fare as a fighter? Kill everyone with how pathetic he is?
I imagine in concept he would be somewhat like Peach in that his attacks are mostly physical or involve sporting equipment. Maybe throw in a few more bizarre moves since he's such a weird character and also incorporate Bob-ombs somehow. If he's not taken too seriously I think he could have a pretty fun moveset.

Antasma was a dull badguy who was used exactly how he should have been.

I mean hes not as bad as grodus....

....who is as bland of a villain as you could get

I mean hes not as bad as grodus....

....who is as bland of a villain as you could get

I mean, sure? But no one complains that Grodus was apparently "missed potential" due to not being the final boss of the game he was in.

Yeah the DS version has a playable Wario, the other 3D Marios can't top that.

Yeah the DS version has a playable Wario, the other 3D Marios can't top that.
*imagine that spongebob meme where spongebob points at all of the diapers*

(points at the rest of the 3D Marios and holds up Super Mario Odyssey)

Removing exp in the later PM games is perfectly fine as leveling was pretty superfluous overall even in the first ones.

I mean shit I've played the first and most of the 2nd game by avoiding most of the non-mandatory battles and the game has still not been even remotely challenging.

No doubt due to how most of your upgrades are largely irrelevant to what level you are, and before anyone says anything no I wasn't danger marioing it.

Not counting 3D World/3D Land, Super Mario 64/64 DS is probably is the best/least painful 3D Mario game to collect all the stars/shine sprites. (I haven't played Odyssey yet).

In 64 DS, I think I only really used Wario himself when absolutely necessary, otherwise I just grab his cap in the levels using any other character.

If youre talking about just beating the game, its really easy to collect enough moons in smo to go to the next kingdom, heck you can get enough moons to not even fight the bosses sometimes.

But with 100% completion, you have some moons that are really hard or tedious to get (*cough cough beach volleyball)

Super Mario Maker, at least the first one, never really held my attention for too long. Before the game came out, I was excited for it when seeing the previews at E3 2015 and the championship thing.

After getting the game, I played it for probably a month or two, and haven't touched it since. I think it may have to do with the same type of levels that were being uploaded got old fast. There also wasn't much updates for new objects. The second game did improve on having more objects to create levels with.

Super Mario Maker, at least the first one, never really held my attention for too long. Before the game came out, I was excited for it when seeing the previews at E3 2015 and the championship thing.

After getting the game, I played it for probably a month or two, and haven't touched it since. I think it may have to do with the same type of levels that were being uploaded got old fast. There also wasn't much updates for new objects. The second game did improve on having more objects to create levels with.
I didn't really do much with it either, to be honest. Maker 2 looks more interesting, and I'd like to get it eventually, but I haven't bothered yet.

Luigi is the better Mario brother.

I think their full names (according to the Hollywood movie) are ridiculous (Mario Mario and Luigi Mario).

Wario didn't deserve to be an Anti-Hero.

The Mushroom King is the best character ever.

Donkey Kong only kidnapped Pauline because he's alone.

Penguin Mario is a clone of the blue penguin from Club Penguin.

Bee Mario looks ridiculous.

The last one is right

I use Wario in Super Mario 64 DS only for missions where he's needed. He has the worst stats out of all of the characters (slowest runner, worst jumper, and slowest swimmer), and that's why he's my least favorite character to play as. Luigi and Yoshi are my favorites because of their jumping abilities (Luigi's back flip is god-like), and I especially prefer using Luigi for water levels since he swims the fastest.

Back