Things that should be changed in Mario lore.

frankly it is fucked up how mario exhibits experience by crushing turts all day. perchance
the only reason Mario is even out doing this is that Bowser caused great political unrest, engaged in massive property destruction and vandalism, and those sentient Koopas, which Bowser deploys and is more than happy to treat them as expendable, are more than happy to get in the way of Mario, who is, again, responding to a kidnapping of an important political figure

Oh for a second I thought he was

Reactions: zel
I mean, not only are you arguing your classic stance of "continuity/lore is not the focus of the game so it shouldn't exist in that game", but...

you're additionally coming out as a massive bigot in doing so. Not one trait inherently guarantees a good character, that's true, but "representation for representation's sake" is really not a deterrent in characters that are already known to be very superficially characterised, like Mario's.

I admit I should have worded that better but I'm bisexual. If you think I'm bigoted towards lesbians or gay people then all I can say is nope.

I just really dislike the concept of using sexuality as a character trait. Hetero or homo or whatever. Mario is (at the very least) hetero but it's not his defining trait. No one thinks Mario's defining trait is that he loves women. The most Mario's hetero...ness has ever been a major factor was in Odyssey and that was mostly played for comedy.

This is what I mean when I say lesbian for the sake of being lesbian, if something like that is introduced it should feel natural and not drawn any attention to. Being a woman that is attracted to women is not a character trait. Sexual preference is not nor should it ever be treated as a character trait.

I also think that making Daisy butch would piss off way too many people and would open up all sorts of cans that a franchise like this is in no way capable of handling. Which is why it would be better to do that with a new character so it could be handled better if it were to be done at all.

Is it even possible for this forum to get back on topic! I might as. well change it to iS dAiSy A lEsBiAn Or NoT!!!!!! Can it get back on topic. I get it. Representation for everyone. But put it in a spot that makes sense.

Also my thoughts on this. I don't think Nintendo would change a character to LGBTQ+ because the franchise is aimed at children which. Most children don't even know what a sexuality is. I'm not saying children all children don't know what it is but if they're under the age of 12 they most likely do not. Also Nintendo has no reason to add a LGBTQ+ character anyways because it isn't their largest priority.

Make bazooka toad a main character.
I refuse to elaborate.

Is it even possible for this forum to get back on topic! I might as. well change it to iS dAiSy A lEsBiAn Or NoT!!!!!! Can it get back on topic. I get it. Representation for everyone. But put it in a spot that makes sense.

Also my thoughts on this. I don't think Nintendo would change a character to LGBTQ+ because the franchise is aimed at children which. Most children don't even know what a sexuality is. I'm not saying children all children don't know what it is but if they're under the age of 12 they most likely do not. Also Nintendo has no reason to add a LGBTQ+ character anyways because it isn't their largest priority.
LGBT+ is not a topic inappropriate for children what the fuck lmao

Yo how the hell did we end you talking about is LGBT is okay for kids. It is, this is not up for debate. If they don't learn about it while their young then they grow up to be bigots, why do you think so many old people are bigots.

If we have to shelter kids from the existence of romance and intimacy, we'd have to teach them that all parents are just unaffectionate platonic roommates.

Second, the game is Japanese developed and published, and as far as I'm aware of, they're less conscious about representation than we are here (Nintendo does at least attempt to bring in more of that in at least Animal Crossing and Pokemon with your player avatars but otherwise, most of their titles aren't amazing bastions of diversity in terms of NPCs either).
They could use the Splatoon division's help.
turts" are sentient army troops who deliberately chose to work for an evil king.
Do they though, or do they fear their king too much to rebel.
No one thinks Mario's defining trait is that he loves women.
Wellllllllllllll, there is the mass majority of non-fans or surface level fans who make and love those boomer humor comics.

If I could change one thing, I'd like Wario to get back involved with being Mario's occasional platformer villain again.

I'd like to see Daisy get a redesign in general. All of the key women in Mario as of right now are just... the same three boring as fuck princesses, with little to actually distinguish them (or anything much to them in the first place), so altering them would be cool. It doesn't need to (and probably shouldn't) be a drastic change, just something to give them each their own character. Daisy being a lesbian is a required part of this redesign.

LGBT+ is not a topic inappropriate for children what the fuck lmao

Thats not really what the person said. They are saying they think it's not appropriate as sexuality in general isn't really appropriate at that age.

I don't really know if I agree with that but that's what they are saying.

Yo how the hell did we end you talking about is LGBT is okay for kids. It is, this is not up for debate. If they don't learn about it while their young then they grow up to be bigots, why do you think so many old people are bigots.

Bigotry isn't really as simple as just whether or not you learned about it when you were young. All sorts of things across a person's whole life is what can make a person bigoted.

Candy Kong is especially terrible, like all other Kongs are allowed to look like apes but Candy has to look like this humanized abomination. Her current design pretty much embodies the Hollywood trope of "this exotic alien race looks grotesque and slimy invertebrate abomination but its female member looks like a generic sexy human female". Look at how much she stands like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the cast.

Candykongdkjc.PNG
1654899815549.png

There has been reimaginings of her, and they usually depict the idea of "Donkey Kong's girlfriend" much better than the official one.

Ep7k2RRW4AIIg62.jpg%3Alarge
1654899895695.png

(first this is by Arthur Zambaldi, but that tweet has been deleted apparently)

Candy Kong is especially terrible, like all other Kongs are allowed to look like apes but Candy has to look like this humanized abomination. Her current design pretty much embodies the Hollywood trope of "this exotic alien race looks grotesque and slimy invertebrate abomination but its female member looks like a generic sexy human female". Look at how much she stands like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the cast.
I mean I don't think that concept is inherently bad in of itself, like anything it depends on how it's done.....however in Candy's case that is literally all there is to her and she feels so boring compared to everyone else. I mean it's telling that even in the Rare made games she appeared all of twice.

Candykongdkjc.PNG
View attachment 26691
There has been reimaginings of her, and they usually depict the idea of "Donkey Kong's girlfriend" much better than the official one.

Ep7k2RRW4AIIg62.jpg%3Alarge
View attachment 26692
(first this is by Arthur Zambaldi, but that tweet has been deleted apparently)

Most if not all Kongs embody the most generic of cartoon tropes.
*DK is the dumb muscle
*Funky is the cool surfer brodude
*Cranky is the sagacious but sulky elder
*Kiddy and Chunky are absurdly strong toddlers/manbabies
*Wrinkly is the sweet old lady
*Dixie is the hip teenage girl who chews gum

And then there's Candy, who represents the seductive bimbo. She doesn't stick like a sore thumb, she fits right in with the rest of the clan. And it's not like the designers were contemptible mysoginists who made every single female character are the same archetype.

You can represent seductive bimbo design better than an uncanny abomination where they had to make her look like a human rather than the apes like the rest of them. I'm not speaking in terms of personality but more from a character design perspective.

I'm sick and tired of character designs such as her. Every single time we had a female member of a nonhuman species they almost always have to design at least one of them to look human. Dixie is a good design for a female ape, they don't have to rely on those tropes like they did with Tiny and Candy.

Back