Things that should be changed in Mario lore.

I was thinking more like Patrick lmao! Still hilarious!

Partners in Time should be an alternate timeline rather than be on the same one as the adult bros. It'll create a lot less headache trying to make sense of this story.

Also I like the idea of Mario and Luigi being caregivers for Baby Mario and Baby Luigi and we need more of that in the series.

That reminds me, I'm concerned about how the Mario Bros.' origins will be handled in the upcoming movie. Based on what we know about the cast, it's looking like it will start out with arcade scenarios such as Donkey Kong and Wrecking Crew before leading them into the Mushroom Kingdom. But that would contradict Yoshi's Island and Partners in Time which showed Mario and Luigi not only living in the Mushroom Kingdom as babies, but also knowing Peach and Bowser as babies. Did they grow up in the Mushroom Kingdom or did they originate in the human world, ie Brooklyn? Or even New Donk City, which would have more of a traditional link to the Mushroom Kingdom as opposed to a warp zone leading there like the old lore had? Whatever the case, something is almost certain to get retconned if they touch on the Mario Bros.' origins so I hope that is done well at least.

I mean it's hard to retcon a canon that doesn't exist. Let's not kid ourselves here, they've never cared about any sort of "canon"

That reminds me, I'm concerned about how the Mario Bros.' origins will be handled in the upcoming movie. Based on what we know about the cast, it's looking like it will start out with arcade scenarios such as Donkey Kong and Wrecking Crew before leading them into the Mushroom Kingdom. But that would contradict Yoshi's Island and Partners in Time which showed Mario and Luigi not only living in the Mushroom Kingdom as babies, but also knowing Peach and Bowser as babies. Did they grow up in the Mushroom Kingdom or did they originate in the human world, ie Brooklyn? Or even New Donk City, which would have more of a traditional link to the Mushroom Kingdom as opposed to a warp zone leading there like the old lore had? Whatever the case, something is almost certain to get retconned if they touch on the Mario Bros.' origins so I hope that is done well at least.

they couldve been in the mushroom kingdom as babies/toddlers, had to move to new donk city and grew up there, and then they are brought back to their routes of the kingdom due to a notice of the princess being kidnapped by bowser. the end of the movie could have them decide to move back to the mushroom kingdom and set up for a sequel based on mario 3.

If New Donk City really is in the movie, then at least we know there's no "dimension hopping" going on, so it's way easier to surmise that Mario and Luigi simply moved to the city for work.

'Course it's possible the movie will contradict Yoshi's Island and Partners in Time, but it's also an adaptation and not like, the next big game in the series or anything.

Back