Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Self-explanatory. Post what you think is your least controversial Mario opinion.

Luigi's Mansion is a very great series with virtually no bad games, and is the best set of games starring Luigi. We might rank Luigi's Mansion games differently, but we can all agree that they're quite fun and charming to play through.
The Pipe Frame is an excellent design for a kart and I never really get tired of driving on it.
Wario instruction manuals are peak instruction manual design.

Finally....

Yeah the Mario edutainment titles are bad and have zero cultural influence on the Mario series but we all secretly want to know how gleefully demented their spritework can be.

GaloombaPlayschool.png

The concept behind the "Year of Luigi" should be periodically repeated with other characters without commemorating a milestone of some sort.

Goombas need more love!

Easily communicable enemies that are easy to defeat, and they are actually one of the last enemies to be developed for the game!

No arms, no problem!

Mario games are fun and I like playing them.

Nah, they're for dorks and babies, at least that's what the dumb 15 year old dudebro imbeciles told me all the time in middle school.

Mario and Luigi are brothers

Statement of fact, not an opinion. Facts are not allowed in this thread, they suck compared to opinions.

Charles Martinet's work is commendable, he's already deep embedded as a legacy to Mario. I just wonder who's next in line, it'll be interesting.

Charles Martinet's work is commendable, he's already deep embedded as a legacy to Mario. I just wonder who's next in line, it'll be interesting.

Same here, and if there's a new voice actor, I wonder how Charles Martinet will pass the torch so they can interpret the character as most accurate as they can.

Same here, and if there's a new voice actor, I wonder how Charles Martinet will pass the torch so they can interpret the character as most accurate as they can.
Do you think they'd use the upcoming movie as a means of testing the waters in that regard?

Do you think they'd use the upcoming movie as a means of testing the waters in that regard?

Possibly. Can you imagine there might be people whose first exposure to Mario will be through that film? Pretty insane if you think about it.

We first got to figure out how Mario sounds like. We already know he won't sound quite like his game self but we don't know if he's still playful or has a gruff voice, who knows? I figure though that if they're going to get a successor they'd make him sound close to the original like with the Mickey Mouse incarnations.

Oh that reminds me.

I am morally obligated to post about King Ka-Thunk and Sorbetti to rack up the amount of search results in this forum if you ever searched their name. So there.

You forgot about Stanley the Talking Fish.

We need more Cluckboom, Flaptack, Draglet, Pink Donkey Kong Jr., and Rusty Copper Luigi.

I love how Sorbetti's only purpose in life is to be reminded that they're forgettable.

since sorbetti was featured in a forum game, you've got a long way to go on racking up search results and seeing your posts on there

You forgot about Stanley the Talking Fish.

We need more Cluckboom, Flaptack, Draglet, Pink Donkey Kong Jr., and Rusty Copper Luigi.

I love how Sorbetti's only purpose in life is to be reminded that they're forgettable.

since sorbetti was featured in a forum game, you've got a long way to go on racking up search results and seeing your posts on there

Snailcorn. Snailicorn. Best NSMB enemy, my favorite Mario character.

Oh that reminds me.

I am morally obligated to post about King Ka-Thunk and Sorbetti to rack up the amount of search results in this forum if you ever searched their name. So there.

What about Gemnosis Flint

You'll have to name drop that more often so it can be picked up and evolve to be part of natural healthy wiki editor lexicon.

If we're going for the least-objectionable opinion, perhaps we'll go a bit further than that: I think that it's a blessing in disguise that King Features did not approve of Nintendo making a Popeye game at first, because through this, it was how Mario got to be created and go on to become a video game juggernaut. Of course King Features changed their mind after seeing the meteoric success of Donkey Kong arcade, but the seeds have been planted for a prosperous future for Mario, because Mario certainly have a very eventful career even after 40 years of his existence, while Popeye kind of faltered in recent decades.

Thank you for reading.

I like Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam more than the rest of the series, which I know is somewhat of an unpopular opinion due to the lack of original characters.
And no soundtrack can beat the soundtrack out of the M&L series, except possibly the Donkey Kong games.

I think the Kirby games need more references in Mario (and hey, Nintendo in general I think needs to up the references to other series).

I also think that the two-player mode from Mario Party 3 was the best version of Duel Mode in the Mario Party series and needs to return at some point.

Back