Do you want all of the doctors introduced in Dr. Mario World to appear in more Dr. Mario games?

Would you want it?

• Are you kidding? Of course I want the rest of the doctors from Dr. Mario World. They need to be used

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm fine with Dr. Mario or Dr. Luigi.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I would want a few of the doctors I like to return.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
The thread title speaks for itself.

Me personally I would say of course I would want them to. I want Dr. Peach, Dr. Daisy, and Dr. Rosalina to get used in more Dr. Mario games. After all, Peach didn't get a chance to appear physically in a Dr. Mario game for ages, only certain prototypes of Dr. Mario had her as a Nurse. Only in other media, Peach was depicted as a Nurse in Dr. Mario-related media. It took Peach until Dr. Mario World for her to appear, as a doctor instead of a nurse. Why not let her get a chance to appear in more games along with Daisy and Rosalina?

Last edited:
Most certainly. As I have outlined in a profile post, the Dr. Mario series has limited potential (64 was the last fully-priced standalone game that has a physical copy to it), not helped by having a limited cast of characters that for the longest time, only include Mario (Peach was only in promotional material). It took a long time for Luigi to be featured (Dr. Luigi) and later still for there to be two doctors (Miracle Cure) despite there being multiplayer from the start. Given how small scale the series is, it's actually a wonder that Dr. Mario was a playable character in Smash Melee, if we're putting aside the fact that he was first conceived as an easy clone of Mario.

Basically, the more the merrier. It would be nice if like Dr. Mario World, every character has their own ability to further differentiate them from each other.

Thank you for reading.

Dr. Goomba Tower should definitely reappear. There's something about three Goombas in a trench coat sneaking into an R-rated movie--or rather, medical school--that makes it an out-of-the box choice for future Mario spinoffs.

Edit: Also, the poll above seems to be rather limited. Is there an option for if I only want one or two of the doctors to return, not every single one of them?

Edit: Also, the poll above seems to be rather limited. Is there an option for if I only want one or two of the doctors to return, not every single one of them?
I made the option.

whos excited for dr fire detective metal baby rosalina

ig some of the doctors would be cool to see return like bowser or Luigi, but for the most part some characters are just here because this is gacha so its kind of an obligation for them to be here.

I see we got a lot of mostly yeses for some of the doctors returning with only one IDC.

Bring some but not all. (Dr. Goomba Tower. What the heck.)

Nintendo would be kicking themselves in the foot if they didn't
I agree. Dr. Mario has always lacked variety in terms of the playable characters. Dr. Mario World was a big step up in that direction. Nintendo should keep the good characters that they brought, including Dr. Peach, Dr. Daisy, and Dr. Rosalina in more Dr. Mario titles along with their special abilities. They should add new modes.

There seems to always be a new Dr. Mario title with each console, no?
Yeah, it does, except for Virtual Boy which was killed so fast like the Sega 32X.

Last edited:
They just don't have a large following so they don't really get remembered all to well.. that and they don't normally add much new content. Isn't the mobile one the second to have a fleshed out story mode, previously the N64?

They just don't have a large following so they don't really get remembered all to well.. that and they don't normally add much new content. Isn't the mobile one the second to have a fleshed out story mode, previously the N64?
Yes, there is a bit of a story in Dr. Mario World. I really think Dr. Mario should have more modes in newer games along with the characters they introduced in Dr. Mario World.

I see the IDC option ahead of the other options.
Not only that, they should add freaking doctor Petey Piranha. I mean, there's literally doctor generic Piranha Plant.
I know right. He should be in Dr. Mario World.

Back