Does Anyone still Play Wii?

Bob Craples

went out for milk
Pronouns
He/Him
I was just wondering if I'm the only one who still plays Mario Kart Wii.

There's an entire competitive scene for this game, so you're not the only person still playing this game. It's probably the most active Mario Kart game besides 8, especially thanks to mods that allow for online play, combined with the ease of modding the Wii.

No, my Wii stopped working a long time ago now, and tbh, the Wii is one of my least favorite Nintendo consoles, so I just don't care much about it now, and I don't like Mario Kart Wii, so 🤷‍♂️.

I still play Wii games, all the time! In fact, just yesterday I revisited Mario Party 8 with my siblings--say what you will about it but I have a ton of nostalgia for it and it's still a pretty darn great party game.

And yeah, while I prefer MK8 to MKWii, my sister prefers the latter and we still revisit it quite a bit as a result. And yeah, nostalgia applies here too. Just today I created a mod of the game that lets me use the Wii U GamePad, and it feels as smooth as ever.

I still play it all the time, as well as my Wii U, 3DS with DS games, GC and 64 games via emulator, and of course, my Switch.

I bought Mario Galaxy at a Gamestop last year, and my god, the nostalgia. Too bad my nunchuck broke before I could beat it.

I play Wii games via the Wii U. I think that the Wii has a good game library.

Too bad my nunchuck broke before I could beat it.
Interesting, my Nunchuk broke just after I completed SMG.

Been revisiting MKW for the Time Trial tournament and remembering I really like the game. Need to check out the CTGP mod.

The only other Wii game I frequent is Boom Street (Fortune Street) which my friends and I play over Dolphin Netplay.

I don't have a Wii console any more but I have a Wii U if I feel like revisiting them.

Alongside the tournament I'm running, I've also been playing Donkey Kong Country Returns for the wiki. There's also a few games on the system I have yet to complete, like Metroid Prime 3 and Kirby's Epic Yarn. I mainly use my Wii U, however, as my brother has the Wii in his room.

I rarely play it as I tend to play GameCube, Wii U, or Switch more. I don't really like Mario Kart Wii all that much. I vastly prefer Double Dash!!. It's my favorite game in the series. It's worth playing Double Dash for the fun.

I'd play Mario Kart Wii if the running mods for them were released instead of just being shown in a video.

I play Super Paper Mario quite a bit, albeit not often on console anymore as opposed to Dolphin. My Wii itself is... not in good shape so any Wii games I do play on console are usually on the Wii U. But even that's getting rougher in shape so i don't use it as much...

do i still play with my wii? hell yes
do i still play mario kart wii? no no no no no

my wii still works perfectly fine, and i had it for nearly 10 years now. i still play it from time to time, but i play the switch more often cause it's easier to set up

I still play my Wii from time to time, mostly for homebrew emulation tho these days since I have it hooked up to a CRT and all and I've long transferred all my actual data to my Wii U.

And I don't really use the Wii U anymore because the Gamepad charger broke and I've never gotten around to getting a new one, so I haven't really played Wii games proper in a good while.

Also no I don't still play Mario Kart Wii because that's the only Mario Kart (besides the arcade games) that I've never even played, let alone owned.

Well to be fair there hasn't been much launch games at the time to remember the Wii much but 2007 IS 13 years ago and that's when Galaxy was out....

I still play Wii games, but I haven't actually played the Wii console for years now.

Do i still have the Wii?? Yes
Does the Wii still work?? Yes
Do i still have Wii games?? Yes

Do i still play the Wii?? [sweats as i look at my special-shiny computer programs]

m...maybe???????

Back