30 day video game music challenge!

Day 17: Music you never get tired of

honestly, most songs I like are songs I never get tired of. Mario music for example is music I never get tired of. I guess I'm going with Melty Monster Galaxy from Mario Galaxy 2, because I enjoy this song everytime I listen to it. I don't have a lot to say

Day 17: Never get tired of it

This is kinda hard actually. Like zelen and tg said, usually when I like a theme enough I just never do get tired of it... so I guess I can just pull any theme that I don't think would fit any other category?

Ok then, I think I know what I'm putting here then.

Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (The Kingdom of Bern)

Hopefully that doesn't spoil too much of what we'll be doing in my eventual LP on the 'Shroom of this game, but yeah, this theme. Throughout the whole game, Bern is built up to be this powerful nation with the world's most threatening military, and once you get there, it's all clear. All the Wyverns in the sky, all the knights, bishops and cavalry on the ground, marching in harmony, your opponents are not to be taken lightly. This theme perfectly represents the discipline these soldiers abide by, and the fear they instill in the hearts of all who fight them, yet the theme is very simplistic and minimalist in the melody it uses, which just so happens to do exactly the trick. Imo a musical masterpiece.

Day 17: Music I never get tired of [Hard Mode]

Hard Mode really is starting to get to me now but I have a choice - Overworld from Super Mario 3D Land.

• Pretty much most of the music in my top 100 list, there's a lot of SPM, TTYD, DKCR, two Galaxies, 3D World, and a bit of M&L music too.
  • Most Minecraft music, most of it is fairly low intensity so I often don't notice it when playing but occasionally it makes me happy when it comes on and I can just sit back and listen or admire a view. Sometimes I also listen to it on its own too.
  • Lego indiana jones 2 also has some tracks I never get tired of, particularly the level builder music which I've used in this challenge once before but others as well.

Day 17 - Music you never get tired of: Sonic Generations - Rooftop Run (Classic)

I can't say there's a song that I never get tired of, I will always eventually stop listening to a song that I like and not listen to it again for months until I get the urge to listen to it again. However I guess I can pick a song that if I was forced to listen to on repeat. in the background of everything i do. forever. It would be this one. A lot of my favourite songs are boss themes, battle themes, stuff that gets you pumped up but I feel like this one is just fun. It's the kind of track that just makes you happy because it sounds like its having a good time and I want to have a good time too.

This applies to most music I like. Which means you gave me a free excuse to pick a theme I like!

Day 17: Sanctuary Fortress - Metroid Prime 2

Remember how I said that I like industrial themes? That applies to other forms of technological themes as well. Sanctuary's much more sleek future electronics than big heavy machinery, and that's reflected in its music. Plus, while I get why its bosses can be frustrating, Sanctuary is always the high point when I replay Prime 2 - though I have to admit, the second floor having a more ambient theme has grown on me over time compared to how I used to feel. Metroid has plenty of good themes but this is one of my best picks from the series!

Day 17 - Music you never get tired of

My interpretation of this is that I can listen the song on a loop and it won't start grating on me by like, the 5th loop or so. The part where it starts grating, it happens to all music eventually, but some music are more resistant to it than others. Typically, this happens less in games that have varying soundtracks that rotate between another, are longer, and are built to be ambient background music since you'll spend a long time in there.

This is the Sporepedia theme by Saul Stokes. You'll hear this theme a lot when you browse through your creations or when you want to use something for GA. And I mean a lot. And yet I never get tired of it. It's so pleasant to listen to, it has a lot variety to it, and it's a decently long song with lots of great smooth transitions. Ambient music in general are underrated, and I think it's the category video games tend to shine in in the grand scheme of things, since their music tends to get contextualized beautifully in an environment it was built for.

Reactions: zel
Day 16 (16-Bit music): Meeting the Maidens (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)

Guess who forgot this game existed! Yeah, gg me. Anyways, I really love this piece for how beautiful and simple it is. There's just simple orchestra and chimes here (or at least I'm pretty sure that's what I'm hearing, it's a bit hard to tell with 16-bit sometimes) but it still manages to be one of the prettiest pieces of music I've ever heard.

Day 17 (Music you never get tired of): Victory Road (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

This is the only acceptable way to listen to this song, change my mind. I am a SUCKER for different arrangements of music, and this epic rock arrangement of Hoenn's Victory Road has managed to hold a spot in my heart for about six or seven years now (since I first got Brawl, WOW it's been a long time...). I will probably be listening to this until the day I die!

for music i never get sick of, i'm going with the entire soundtrack for The World Ends With You!
...what do you mean, it has to be just one song? fiiiiiine, i guess i'll pick Calling. But seriously, the whole soundtrack is a great bop. It also helps that there's multiple songs for both the overworld and battles (which is what comprises the majority of the soundtrack anyway) so its not like you get sick of hearing the same song over and over when you're playing the game

day 18: music in a game released the year you were born
Guess What. Have i talked about rayman 3 music enough because thats the only one i can think of for this year and its really good so i dont mind
so anyway heres bog of murk music its unreasonably good

Day 19: From the year I was born

Guys I swear I did not do this on purpose. Yes I posted a theme from FE6 yesterday, and it turns out that FE7 came out in 2003!

Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword (Light to Tomorrow)

About time a theme from the game I'm LPing shows up, and coincidentally, the theme plays right in the chapter I covered for last month. What a way to shill my content

Day 18: music in a game released the year you were born.

So for those who dont know I was born in 2005. I dont think that was a really big year for gaming, and i cant really think of a game that has music i love that was released in 2005 (ig if koops was born in this year it wouldve been easy for him cause fe path of radiance released that year). i guess it technically doesnt count as a 2005 game cause its a remake, but conker live & reloaded released that year and since it's conker it has the great mighty poo
i mean cmon. how would you expect this song to be remade the year i was born and me not talking about it? i remember first hearing the phantom of the bwahpera from mario + rabbids and loving it, only to then find out about the great mighty poo and that phantom was based off of him. no need for explanations as to why i like this

Day 18 - Music from a game released the year you were born

I was born in 2004, and it turns out that Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door was released that year!

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (X-Naut Fortress) - This music ... I love it. It doesn't sound like a song from a Mario game, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Last edited:
[Hard Mode]

Day 16 - 16-bit music: Athletic - Super Mario World (tad bit cliche choice, but hey I'm feelin' nostalgic.)
Day 17 - Music you never get tired of: Rose Town - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Day 18 - Music in a game released the year you were born: Cosmo Canyon - Final Fantasy VII (1997 had a lot of great games now that I think of it...)

Day 1 - Title Screen Music: Main Theme - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Day 2 - Opening Level Music: Departure Intro Stage - Mega Man Zero 2
Day 3 - 8-Bit Music: Moonsong - Cave Story
Day 4 - Music From a Console Exclusive Series: Riding on Legendary Beast - Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Day 5 - Hub World or Overworld Music: Summer Forest - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Day 6 - Music that makes you feel relaxed: Yellow Giant - Doshin the Giant
Day 7 - Music from an indie game: Prince Dail's Theme - Freedom Planet
Day 8 - Music from a shooter (First or third person): Fly Octo Fly - Splatoon 2
Day 9 - Music from a licensed game: Strange Things - Toy Story (Genesis)
Day 10 - RPG Battle Music: Come On! - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
Day 11 - Puzzle Game Music: Type B - Tetris
Day 12 - Music that makes you sad: Grovyle's Sacrifice - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: EoD/EoT/EoS
Day 13 - Music you like from a game you don't like: Gooper Blooper Phase 5 - Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Day 14 - Music featuring vocals: Open Your Heart - Sonic Adventure
Day 15 - Boss Battle Music: The Battle of Award 42 - A Hat in Time

I'm gonna be a showoff and post a theme from the exact date I was born.

Day 18: Main Theme - Mortal Kombat

Yep, first Mortal Kombat came out the same day I came into the world. And while I may not be a fan of the hyperviolence, I can't deny that the main theme is catchy as hell. Iconic, too! MIGHT STATUS: TESTED. So I'm picking this for more reasons than just showing off! ...Admittedly, finding out it was the same date helped seal the deal. Ahuhuhu.

Day 18: Dark Meta Knight - Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

Being born in 2004, I could have gone with Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, but I wanted to give more love to another game released in 2004. And while the Triple Deluxe rendition of Dark Meta Knight's theme is honestly...a lot better, there's something about the instruments used in this version that makes it sound even more menacing. Particularly, that background instrumentation in the first section after the intro--this guy split you into four copies, after all, and this part of the music just screams how much you want to make him pay.

Day 18: Music released in the year you were born [Hard Mode]

1593099407567.png

glad i haven't used superstar saga yet or else i'd be in trouble

anyway, i'm choosing Teehee Valley which is my favourite theme for that game, although the credits theme is an honourable mention. whilst i wasn't really a fan of having to constantly go through a pipe to get peach out of trouble, i honestly feel the music makes up for it. kinda hard to explain why but it just is amazing i feel

Last edited:
Day 18 (Music in a game released the year you were born): Pressing Pursuit ~ Cornered (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Listen this one counts bc the original release in Japan was in 2001. I could've gone with Melee for today instead but I'm not a normie (and I'm pretty sure if there's anyone else doing this born in 2001 that would be the game they picked). Anyways this theme is just pure adrenaline, it's always so thrilling to be hot on the tail of the real killer in these games. Hearing this right before you've made a breakthrough is just the best feeling.

Day 18 - Music released in the year you were born

The game I think of the most is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island because Baby Luigi debuted in the same year I was born in (1995). So yeah, I have to pick a music from there. I'd just go with the athletic theme and be done with it.

alright for todays pick, we're gonna get pretty obscure again, with Jazz Be Damned from Jazz Jackrabbit 2. I was kinda surprised that this was from the year I was born when I looked up "games released in 1998" but there it was. This is a game that I grew up playing a lot, and it had a really neat level editor that I spent way too much time making (really bad) levels in. This song plays near the end of the game and is just a really good bop man. Good game with good music, thanks Epic Games.

Back