In Which The Masses Answer Magolor04726's Questions About Smash

Oooooookay! Next up:
What could Nintendo do to top Smash Ultimate?
Smash Ultimate but Mario has a better voice and every time he dsmashes, he thanks people for playing his game. Every time he jumps, he exclaims how much of a winner he is. And every time he usmashes he makes monkey noises.

Yep. The classic "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh" that often plays with crashed games.
That bloody noise is the reason I don't play modded Barlw or Smash 4 as much as I want to

Reactions: zel
Welllllll, let's see...

What say, if there were going to be another mode (Which there probably isn't) to be added to Smash U, what would you want? (You can make up your own, BTW.)

Well, Smash Tour was fun... but what would be epic is if they added a regular team mode with team attack permanently on, with a twist: you don't know who's on your team until the results. That would be crazy.

I know this is a quick change, sorry folks! Just answer both. Or don't. I don't care.

If you could add skins for any character, what would you add for who?

Mario: The Fire Mario skin. They removed that, right?
Link: The boxers, like Shulk. Just think: Two blond guys with huge swords running around shirtless.
Kirby: Give him an outfit, for Pete's sake!
Luigi: Cap'n Weegee, right @Cap'n Weegee?
But beyond that...

A Hilda skin for Byleth, but I saw some mods that cover my needs.

Mario should have an alt of him in a dress (sorry it's a tossup between that and shirtless and I have to choose the dress one)

Luigi should have a shirtless alt

Link too

Ike too

Ridley should have a summer fun outfit too

and Bowser

Peach can have her winter coat alt

Daisy can have her sports outfit alt

Pac-Man should have pepperoni all over him so he looks like a pizza

Mr. Game & Watch should have a female alt

Falco should be dressed like Revali as an alt

First question: bring Smash Run back. Or have a Subspace-style adventure mode. IDK what an all-new mode should be.

Second question:
- Ms. Pac-Man should be an alt for Pac-Man, plus have more unique alts for Pac.
- Better alts for Sonic, maybe a classic alt.
- Mr. L for Luigi
- Phantom Ganon for... Ganondorf
- #JusticeForFireMario
- Tingle outfit from BOTW for Link for true chaos
- Splatoon 2 hairstyles and gear for Inkling
- Lobster Shirt from TWW for Toon Link
- Bluster Kong alt for Donkey Kong
- Shadow Mewtwo for....... Mewtwo
- Justin Bailey alt for ZSS
- Pajamas for Ness
- Old design alts for Peach and Daisy

All great answers. And now, what is your opinion on Mii's and the Mii costumes?
I love the Mii fighters, but the costumes, I could take them or leave them.

Miis are great, and while I don't often use them in Smash, their customization aspect is really neat. Costumes depend on how well they depict the character that the costume is designed after.

I sometimes forget they exist as playable fighters.

Miis are cool. Miis in general, I mean. I love designing just about any character (real or fictional) in Mii form and pitting them against each other.

In Smash, it's no different.

You know what? If I forget about this and don't post for a couple days, message something on here to remind me.
What are your thoughts on characters who are NOT video game characters being in Smash? If you approve, who would you like?

I'm kind of a "meh" on this. I'd rather they didn't, especially since it would probably be someone I don't know and would never watch/play/whatever they come from.

Hard no. I'm okay with characters from video-game-based movies (like Wreck-it Ralph) joining the fray, but that's the farthest I'd want it to go. Smash is the ultimate video game crossover, but I don't think it was ever meant to be more than that. Adding a character from other media would pretty drastically change what Smash is.

I feel adding non vg characters to smash, while it opens up possibilities, it feels like something that will alienate Smash and just make it too weird. We're already to the point where we have many third-party characters, and that's the extent of where I want it to go.

I'd say bring it, lol. What's the harm? If they can do it, then why the hell not?

If they do decide on bringing non-video game characters in Smash, it would ideally be something that is not only famous, but where the creators are not stringent on how their character is represented. For example, Mickey Mouse may be popular but the creative limitations for that character made him off-limits. Still, I am not fond of Goku of Dragon Ball fame only because I am not interested in Dragon Ball, but if it's Doraemon? Then I would approve.

Thank you for reading.

yea im not for it either yoshiflutterjump describes how i feel about this perfectly
but some id be fairly ok with. like ralph (hes actually a video game in the movie) and popeye (already forgot why besides being indirectly responsible for marios existence)

I don't understand limiting it just to pure video game franchises, as I see it as an argument just for the sake of purity. Characters from other media has made prominent appearances in high-profile fighting games as well, just look no further than the Marvel vs. Capcom series as well as Robocop making a guest appearance in Mortal Kombat. The goalposts keep getting pushed and moved; if you told someone back in the Melee era that Ryu would be in a Smash title, eyebrows would certainly be raised, and I don't see how that's any different than suggesting pushing the boat further and including characters from media outside of video games, who've also made appearances in their own video games as well, such as Dragonball.

@Kass, do you want to voice your opinions on this before I change the question? (You seem to like this, but I could be wrong)

I do like this!

For the previous question, I like Miis in general and I think they're a fun option to have in Smash. The costumes are fine and can represent some extra series/characters, but it's kind of annoying how much buying all the DLC ones would cost, though you can pick and choose anyway.

For this question, I wouldn't really mind if a small amount of fourth-party characters got in, but no more than two or three. Also, I feel like some characters make more sense than others. Goku would work imo because there a lot of Dragon Ball fighting games and because he's known to most of the gaming community. Wreck-It-Ralph would also work due to being a from a video-game based movie. It's when you get to characters like Shrek where I draw the line. But yeah, limit any fourth-party characters to very few special cases. Oh, and there's one real life person who would be an amazing choice to be playable: Sakurai himself.

I do like this!

For the previous question, I like Miis in general and I think they're a fun option to have in Smash. The costumes are fine and can represent some extra series/characters, but it's kind of annoying how much buying all the DLC ones would cost, though you can pick and choose anyway.

For this question, I wouldn't really mind if a small amount of fourth-party characters got in, but no more than two or three. Also, I feel like some characters make more sense than others. Goku would work imo because there a lot of Dragon Ball fighting games and because he's known to most of the gaming community. Wreck-It-Ralph would also work due to being a from a video-game based movie. It's when you get to characters like Shrek where I draw the line. But yeah, limit any fourth-party characters to very few special cases. Oh, and there's one real life person who would be an amazing choice to be playable: Sakurai himself.
Sakurai as the final DLC! That would be EPIC! What would his moves be...?

I'd like it if characters like Wreck-it Ralph were contenders. I'd actually call Ralph the Disney character I'd like to see most. Especially if he brought in spirits and assist trophies of other characters from the movie like King Candy (oh btw how did I JUST realize this- this game has Assist Trophies but no Trophies. Pretty sure the original concept was for Assist Trophies to be special parts of the larger trophy collection, so it's weird to see them remain when the latter were cut)

Changing questions!

What are your thoughts on really old things coming to Smash? Like, for example, R.O.B. hadn't been heard from for years (right?) before he was added in Smash and MKDS. And Duck Hunt made a few cameos, but not much beyond that before Smash 4. And Banjo and Kazooie hadn't made a personal appearance in what, ten years?
I personally like it, because it widens my scope and I'm not thinking, "I want this brand new character!" and not even knowing these oldies exist.

Back