30 questions (a question a day) challenge

If we're talking about dedicated game consoles, then I have a very soft spot in there for the Wii. However as it stands I mostly use my PC to game as of late.

Simply put, I don't have one. I just play the system with the games I feel like playing in the moment.

Now, lately, that system has been the Wii U. Thanks to homebrew I can play a total of six generations of console games on it, and I can play a good number of handheld games on it too.

my only systems are a pc and switch so 🤷 i generally play pc games a bit more often though
if it counts i do have a phone for android games too but theres literally like. one game on it and its just a quick mindless time waster

PC will be my desired one. No online subscriptions, easier to mod stuff on there, specs are sufficient over several console generations, has great shopping clients like Steam and GOG, can play console games; only thing consoles really have are exclusives, portability (Switch offers it), and not really worrying about system specs.

Me: "And in this corner, coming in with four Wii mote helpers, we have the White Wonder, the Shaker Supreme, The Nintendo Wii!
But over in this corner, all by himself, but certainly not lacking power, the long-running, game-grabbing, Nintendo 3DS!
And finally, we have the greenest member here, the high-def champ, the click, The Nintendo Switch!"

PC is the best platform period.

3DS and Switch

I have to say the Wii U is my go to console rn. I don't even got it hacked but still VC gets me a lot of cool old games, I have Mario Maker 1 (a game I could play forever without getting bored) and 3D world which are both great, and I can play wii games on it too (which imo is the best og library)

Day 5- Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were)
I'm like a really gross mix of Vivian, Count Bleck and maybe Bobbery. I don't fucking know.

Day 6-Most annoying character
Screechy McStrepThroat

Day 7- Favorite game couple
Canon: Blumiere x Timpani, Bobbery x Scarlette
Fanon: Mario x Vivian, Peach x Pauline, Luigi x Peasley, O'Chunks x Nastasia, Peach x Mimi

Day 8- Best soundtrack
Any of the RPGs are pretty much guaranteed to have bangers, the soundtrack is the only thing I feel is amazing in every single one. They're great in the 3D Mario games too.

Day 9- Saddest game scene
Bobbery's tale in TTYD, and the entire ending of Super Paper Mario

Day 10- Best gameplay
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Such a wonderfully designed RPG with a perfect system in place that makes it fun to play in different ways. Why they would give up on a system like this beats me.

Day 11- Gaming system of choice- Right now my Switch, as other games I've been emulating instead to do modding shenanigans.

Day 10: Super Mario Odyssey has been mentioned by a few people and Mario controls really well in that game, Cappy fits really well into his moveset as well. My only complaint is that most of transformations aren't that fun too use.

Another choice is Sonic & All-Stars Transformed, it feels really good to chain multiple boosts together.

Day 11: Switch. My PC can not run anything.

Day 12. A game everyone should play.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. While I could say Super Paper Mario, admittedly its gameplay isn't as strong despite how much I love its story. TTYD has great gameplay and a great story, with minimal flaws (it still has them, but not as many). It's a game you can play in many different ways, with fun optional content that becomes available like the Pit of 100 Trials that provide genuine challenge. Did I mention the story? It's a Mario game with a good story. I think if any of my favorite MarPG games could potentially go mainstream if marketed that way, it's TTYD.

Day 12: Super Mario Odyssey.

Lots of choices on this list and it depends on your genre tastes, so I'll give a run-down (some of these I haven't played but they're classics that should be on lists of video games to play before you die sort of thing)

Action adventure: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Uncharted 2, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Bayonetta 2, Devil May Cry
2D Platformers: Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Rayman Legends
3D Platformers: Super Mario Odyssey, Rayman 2
2D run and gun: Metal Slug, Contra
Beat em up: Streets of Rage, Golden Axe
Hack and Slash: Hyrule Warriors
RPG: Final Fantasy 7, Tales of Symphonia, Persona 5, Pokemon SoulSilver
Shooter: Doom I, II, Left 4 Dead 2, Half-Life 2, Portal, Metro 2033, Goldeneye, Halo, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Serious Sam
Horror: Silent Hill and Resident Evil when they were considered good (not too much info)
Dungeon Crawler: Diablo II, Torchlight II
RTS: Starcraft, Warcraft III
Strategy: Civilization V
Life Sim: The Sims 3 & 4, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Sandbox: Garry's Mod, Spore
Open World: Grand Theft Auto V, Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Puzzle: Tetris
Racing: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Burnout Paradise, Diddy Kong Racing, CTR, Sonic & All-Stars Transformed, Beetle Adventure Racing
Party: Mario Party games
Sports: Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf World Tour, Mario Sports Mix, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Strikers Charged

Really, I can't just give a single game, there are a lot of games that fit that criteria.

A game everyone should play?

TTYD and Minecraft.

TTYD because reasons said
TTYD has great gameplay and a great story, with minimal flaws (it still has them, but not as many). It's a game you can play in many different ways, with fun optional content that becomes available like the Pit of 100 Trials that provide genuine challenge. Did I mention the story? It's a Mario game with a good story.

Minecraft just because its insanely popular and for a good reason. It's an incredibly powerful game which loads of people are able to have a ton of fun with a vast number of ways from uhc to building stuff and to have all that in a single game just isn't something I've ever known of in anything else

Everyone should try at least one Fire Emblem game.

Firstly, so that they can have an actual reason to hate it and not throw it on Smash.

But for real, I think that although the FE fanbase has definitely gotten bigger and more vocal as time went by, it is still something that I feel many people underestimate the depth of. Fire Emblem has become my favorite game series for no small reason. It's got varying casts of characters, stories of varying quality that are either so bad that you can meme on them or so well-written that makes you admire the game even more, amazing soundtracks, and most importantly, some of the best gameplay I have ever experienced. That and the sheer numbers of memes that you can find within the community just makes you proud of your fellow tacticians. Even as a general topic, the FE universe is so large and expanded upon that talking to someone about the franchise is always interesting.

I encourage people to try something from the series. I shouldn't have to tell you to play Mario because no one hasn't played Mario. That is probably a big reason why I'm even LPing it on the 'Shroom™️ (Yeah I know I always mention that) in the first place. So yeah. Play Fire Emblem. Whether you come to regret it or not, you would still have played it, and that is what matters.

Firstly, there are the obvious answers of Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64. I know there are few people who haven't played them but both are revolutionary games that had a heavy influence on not just future Mario games, but future video games in general.

Some others:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Odyssey
Yoshi's Island
Kirby's Adventure
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zelda: Breath of the Wild

do i plug rayman legends (and origins) again. ok ok but hear me out. play rayman 3 too its super charming and pretty fun even if weirdly buggy at times and even if i have a bit of a bias towards it because i love globox so much
besides that.. yea ill agree with mario odyssey

Firstly, there are the obvious answers of Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64. I know there are few people who haven't played them but both are revolutionary games that had a heavy influence on not just future Mario games, but future video games in general.

Revolutionary yes but as someone who played them for the first time in 2019/2020, they're not what they were when they first came out. I'd still recommend SM64 at least to someone who hasn't played it, but I'd almost certainly recommend Galaxy more

Yesterday: a game that everyone should play..
Undertale!

Day 13: A game you've played more than 5 times.
Super Mario Sunshine. I kinda special interest lived that game for a year after Super Mario World of which I also played through more than 5 times.
Also Pokemon Ruby I only played through once but with over 800 hours.

does it mean like. full playthroughs???
i can def say spore for that. ive gone through like. 9 playthroughs (cell to space) in like half a year. then again theyre pretty dam easy but yea! pretty sure i got a few thousand hours on the game over the years, including just making stuff in editors which is most of what i do when i play it anyway
back in the day i beat super mario bros 2 like a billion times for no reason what was up with that

Revolutionary yes but as someone who played them for the first time in 2019/2020, they're not what they were when they first came out. I'd still recommend SM64 at least to someone who hasn't played it, but I'd almost certainly recommend Galaxy more
I do agree that SMB1 and SM64 haven't aged very favorably, but no matter how old they get they're still absolutely worth playing as an important part of gaming legacy. You're missing something really special if you don't play them. Also, if you didn't see, I did put Galaxy on my list.

Anyway, for day 13, Kirby Star Allies. I've played through the main story five times in itself, not to mention all that time I spent doing Guest Star runs as every Dream Friend.

Any game that keeps me interested in the main campaign for more than a few hours.

I don't remember such a game... I probably played many games many times over.

Epic Mickey though is probably one of those that have had the most playtime to this day, however. The game keeps track of how many times you beat it. Yeah, I beat it... a lot of times.

Back