30 questions (a question a day) challenge

Mario X Vivian yeah but that's not canon, if it has to be canon, Bleck X Tippi (sorry to be a bit predictable)

im not into ships but i do go kinda feral over some canon ones! mario and peach is cute i think. in peachs trophy cutscene in the gc mario tennis game mario just tells her "i love you so much. i love you" and like Bro
besides that. yea this is gonna be like the third time ive mentioned globox in this thread sorry! but anyway him and uglette!! i thimk it is cute also but unfortunately theres practically no material for this because uglette only appeared in rayman 2... (im still yet to actually play this game lmao)

Most annoying character for me? Yoshi. It's no contest. I refuse to play any games with his ugly face on it, I don't care how allegedly good it is (it's amazing we have a huge diverse library of great platformers and platformer-hybrids to pick from so I can ignore all Yoshi releases and not lose anything important). He just detracts the overall game to me. I hate his appearance, I really hate his voice, and I hate how he has a tendency to be saccharine.

Favorite couple? Lol I don't know.

Toad X Toadette

Day 6: Most Annoying Character - It's pretty hard to annoy me, but Kersti comes close on a number of occasions with her constant nagging. Definitely a massive downgrade from Tippi as far as exposition fairies go but at least Huey raised the bar.

Day 7: Favorite Game Couple - Mareach or Marivian.

Yoshi's Woolly World.

Sonic Unleashed. A soundtrack that's full of variety, yet still manages to feel as if suits the Sonic series.

Of course with so many brilliant video game soundtracks it is hard to choose, so I thought I might give some honourable mentions:
Super Mario Odyssey: Same as Sonic Unleashed, thought it doesn't have as much variety.
Street Fighter IV: It's Street Fighter but leaning a little more towards electronic. What's not to enjoy?
Ollie King: Jet Set Radio is cool, but have you ever listened to the soundtrack for Ollie King? It's made by same person and I enjoy every single song on there.
Sonic Runners: A Sonic soundtrack with a pop oriented style and it's still just as good
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: More of David Wise's atmospheric music, and it's in HD.

Also Chrono Trigger, Killer Instinct (2014) and Mega Man X, none of which I can think of a way to explain, but I couldn't not mention them.

Last edited:
i started writing some on my favorite sountracks in general but it got like super rambly because of me also trying to mention some of my favorite music from those too whoops
ill just list a bunch. dont think i have one favorite
mario galaxy, odyssey, 3d world, mario kart 8, smash ultimate(is that cheating??), minecraft, harry potter games (my nostalgia bias is showing), rayman in general it seems (shoutouts to origins)
shoutouts to spore also though its music doesnt really stand out! the title screen theme is just. so beautiful.. like man. i dont know how much of THAT is my nostalgia bias but i love it to death
also ALSO shoutouts to these two stupid super obsucre games i mentioned in an earlier post on here its nothing outstanding but its kinda nice

Best soundtrack? Any game that lets me put custom music on top of licensed music. GTA V (and GTA in general) is a standout, and its mods even let you make completely custom radio stations (like you can have a Mario station, Jazz station, stations from previous GTA games, all separate), though the Sims is an honorable mention. Rhythm games tend to have licensed music, which are typically superb choices regardless. GTA IV has a Russian radio station and that is a huge, huge bonus.

Best original soundtrack? I liked Rayman Legends soundtrack a bunch. I still listen to its OST from time to time. Galaxy 1 and 2 have great soundtracks as well. Oh, and there's also the Persona games, I love Mass Destruction, Reach Out to the Truth, and Last Surprise.

shoutouts to spore also though its music doesnt really stand out! the title screen theme is just. so beautiful.. like man. i dont know how much of THAT is my nostalgia bias but i love it to death

Ambient soundtracks in general are really underappreciated. Like, Spore's creator creature's music is relaxing and great, and I never get tired of it when I spend lots of hours in all of the creators. I also adore the small touches you hear in the ambient music, such as making an aggressive or friendly creature hearing the music change or hearing jingles when you add parts onto creatures and whatnot. The Sporepedia soundtrack has many different variations and all are great. And there's GA music like Peaceful Universe and Serenity, which are great too.

I've had the same thoughts with the Sims 4 music too when creating a Sim. I love the ambient orchestrated music that plays when you make it or when you're in the loading screen. Also, Simlish variants of licensed music is great, count me the hell in!

Oh, and who could forget Animal Crossing's hour music? Favorite in New Leaf is 1 AM, it's so beautiful, especially when you see auroras and shooting stars.

Team Sonic Racing.

They're all such vibe.

My personal favorite? Roulette Road.

For me, Sky Road is a lot of fun. I also like the Eggman factory courses, all of them.

I liked Rayman Legends soundtrack a bunch. I still listen to its OST from time to time.
oh big agree here! rayman 3 has a realey nice one too even though i havent listened to enough of it yet also funny enough i have a song from it in my head lmao (from the summit beyond the clouds where it starts to slap unreasonably hard)
origins's soundtrack holy hell i could just keep babbling about it but its 3:03 i literally need to sleep. ill do it in the morning if anyone wants HDFLHJKF

Galaxy, Miitopia, 64, Sunshine, etc.

Basically RPG's and 3D platformers

Day 4: My guilty-pleasure game.
Probably Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. I still feel it's one of the best games out there.
Day 5: A video game character I feel I am most like.
Another hard choice for me, but the player characters from the main Pokémon series. I feel like I'm on a similar journey as them.
Day 6: Most annoying character.
Probably Toads. Their voices are pretty grating, to say the least.
Day 7: My favorite video game ship.
Most likely Mario and Peach. I don't ship characters for the most part.
Day 8: My favorite soundtrack.
Oh, this one's easy. Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Best OST?

That is definitely either Mario Galaxy, or FE Path of Radiance. Heh. My two favorites game fron my two most played series.

Personally, Super Paper Mario and TTYD have my favourite OSTs. Nonepersonally however, Galaxy 1 & 2 are probably the best

Ooh, Ultimate's a goodie. With the DLC, I have over 900 songs!

Back