Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

The devs weren't kidding when they said that they were taking cues from Sunshine and 64.

It took me seventeen years to realize there's a racoon tail and ears on the shadow behind the number 3 on Super Mario Bros. 3's title screen.

Is the area that leads to Over the Rainbows (and how you fall into the moat if you fall off the level) actually the toilets of Peach's Castle?

6uaIW7H.png

I only noticed the other day that Jimmy T.'s moustache is a pair of musical notes- I just thought it was in the same range of strange moustache shapes as Wario and Waluigi. I also recently found out that when Donkey Kong falls asleep in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U he sucks his thumb, and that the part of the Mario Kart 7 Bowser's Castle music just before the track loops has the same tune as part of the Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Bowser's Castle's music.

Apparently there is a way to escape Chuckya's grasp in Super Mario 64, which is by tilting the control stick and pressing A enough times to make it drop Mario. Not sure if Super Mario 64 DS retained this functionality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R8c70zuJSw

Thank you for reading.

BBQ Turtle said:
I also recently found out that when Donkey Kong falls asleep in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U he sucks his thumb
He does this in Melee and Barlw as well. :)

Yeah, it's a slip.

Donkey Kong in Smash 64 makes these weird snoring noises that Mario happens to make as well. His animation is just as if he broke his shield.

Just look at his ability in Mario + Rabbids! He does have superhuman strength.

Toad is also one of the stronger characters in the Mario Baseball games too. Often get homeruns with Blue Toad.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Toad is also one of the stronger characters in the Mario Baseball games too. Often get homeruns with Blue Toad.
So Blue Toad isn't an mvp for just me? Neat!

I love Blue Toad.

In Mario Superstar Baseball, I believe Toad is one of the only nonpower characters with the ability bodycheck, that is, having a chance of slamming into the basepeople if they have the ball.

This is more Smash related than Mario related, but my brother and I have, for years, read Unira as Urina (we pronounced it similar to "you're in a"). I only just realized our error like 2 minutes ago, and I feel like my whole life for the past 10 years has been a lie.

Urina would've been way too easy to make a joke out of. >.>

In Super Mario Galaxy 2, during Bowser's boss fights, when Bowser punches the planet and the meteors rise, the music temporarily gets a bit faster and louder.

Also, I found a possibly unintended shortcut in World 7-1 of Super Mario 3D Land. If you enter the level as Tanooki Mario, you can float right over the canyon to the goal pole and skip the entire level.

I've known this for a while, but I remember being so shocked when I found this out:

Luigi is actually on the cover of Mario Party 9.

MP9Boxart.jpg

He's in a tall purple tower in the top left of the cover, to the left of Kamek's shoe.

Hey what do you know.

I always thought Luigi was waving. Turns out he's not.

Mewta said:
Daisy appears in no games for the Gameboy Advance unless you count Mario Party E
Neither does Bowser Jr.

YFJ said:
I've known this for a while, but I remember being so shocked when I found this out:

Luigi is actually on the cover of Mario Party 9.

MP9Boxart.jpg

He's in a tall purple tower in the top left of the cover, to the left of Kamek's shoe.
From what I recall reading, he was actually added in later prints of the cover. In the earlier version, he wasn't there at all. That's partially why he's so small.

Back