Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

I just think it's a bad series that's fun to play with friends provided you never play to win.

You're not playing it right when you're not actively finding and using ways to screw Wario over.

YFJ said:
Lucario said:
Excuse me now?

So Mario Party 8 is a bad game you say?

I thought I've been called out to.
No, it's not. But it's certainly the worst in the series, and all the critics clearly agree on that. But Mario Party 10 should not be called the worst, because it really isn't.
But then... why did you say it was better than 9 and 10 on your userpage? Also another time on the forum, you said that 10 was better than 9 but neither were as good as 8 iirc. What is with the inconsistency?

While critics may consider 10 to be better than 8, the majority of fans do not, so it's not like it's set in stone just because of critics. Personally, I would not take much stock in what the critics says. I mean, come on, they have MP1 as the best in the series, and nearly every fan would tell you that at least MP2 is much better. Saying MP10 is better than MP8 is frankly ridiculous to me, especially since people overplay how bad MP8 is.

Princess Mario said:
You're not playing it right when you're not actively finding and using ways to screw Wario over.
Too bad Wario completely destroyed me, my brother, and the other computer in MP2 yesterday...

See, you're not playing it right.

I disagree, I think Mario Party 8 is one of the weaker Mario Parties.

Actually, I'm not saying it's not one of the weaker Mario Parties, just that it's better than MP10 and not as bad as people say. I haven't played enough of the games to truly place it within the series.

YFJ said:
Honoka's #4 Fan said:
Is it a Mario Party game with the car mechanic?

Yes, and therefore it is the worst game in the series.
And you completely ignore the minigames that made Mario Party 10 great. Shame on you!

But everyone will agree on one thing: Mario Party Advance is by far the worst Mario Party. It really isn't a party if you have to go solo.
I'm gonna be the odd man out and say that I liked Mario Party Advance. It was weird and different, but it did what it wanted to do decently. Also it has my favorite Bowser line so that justifies it in my eyes.
Besides, if you're really that desperate, it came with Mario Party-e so you could technically still have a party.
As long as you have an e-reader :P

Czario said:
YFJ said:
Lucario said:
Excuse me now?

No, it's not. But it's certainly the worst in the series, and all the critics clearly agree on that. But Mario Party 10 should not be called the worst, because it really isn't.
But then... why did you say it was better than 9 and 10 on your userpage? Also another time on the forum, you said that 10 was better than 9 but neither were as good as 8 iirc. What is with the inconsistency?
I wrote that a year ago, and opinions change. I've been pretty inactive on the wiki lately, anyway.

The point is that 8 is not a bad game. But I think 10 is better. However, I was being mostly objective when I said it was the worst in the series, as I personally enjoyed it more than 9.

I would rank these three games as follows:

10 > 8 > 9

ThatGuy62 said:
YFJ said:
Honoka's #4 Fan said:

And you completely ignore the minigames that made Mario Party 10 great. Shame on you!

But everyone will agree on one thing: Mario Party Advance is by far the worst Mario Party. It really isn't a party if you have to go solo.
I'm gonna be the odd man out and say that I liked Mario Party Advance. It was weird and different, but it did what it wanted to do decently. Also it has my favorite Bowser line so that justifies it in my eyes.
Besides, if you're really that desperate, it came with Mario Party-e so you could technically still have a party.
It and Mario Party-e are two different games. No, it was bundled with a physical bonus board. Mario Party-e is something else entirely.

YFJ said:
The point is that 8 is not a bad game. But I think 10 is better. However, I was being mostly objective when I said it was the worst in the series, as I personally enjoyed it more than 9.
I understand what you mean, but I don't think objective is the right word here since there is no objective truth about this subject. Even aggregate review scores only average the subjective opinions of critics.

Czario said:
YFJ said:
I understand what you mean, but I don't think objective is the right word here since there is no objective truth about this subject. Even aggregate review scores only average the subjective opinions of critics.
On Mario Party ranking lists, I see 8 as the lowest ranked console game nearly every time. I guess technically that's more of a popular subjective opinion, but you know what I'm getting at here.

YFJ said:
Czario said:
YFJ said:
Lucario said:
Excuse me now?

I wrote that a year ago, and opinions change. I've been pretty inactive on the wiki lately, anyway.

I would rank these three games as follows:

10 > 8 > 9

ThatGuy62 said:
YFJ said:
Honoka's #4 Fan said:

It and Mario Party-e are two different games. No, it was bundled with a physical bonus board. Mario Party-e is something else entirely.
Oh. I must have been getting my portable Mario Parties mixed up. :-[

YFJ said:
Czario said:
YFJ said:
On Mario Party ranking lists, I see 8 as the lowest ranked console game nearly every time. I guess technically that's more of a popular subjective opinion, but you know what I'm getting at here.
I feel like I've seen MP10 lower in fan lists more, but I haven't seen very many to be honest because I'm not that big of a Mario Party fan. However, here's one of the ones I did see that may interest you, though you may disagree with him:

I disagree with that because MP5 and MP10 are far too low, and MP8 and Star Rush are far too high.

I mean, just google "rank the mario party games" and I can assure you that MP8 will be second-to-last the vast majority of the time (with the lowest being Advance). Although I once saw a list with MP3 being the worst...

I have among the most curated opinions on Mario Party games, so allow me

1. Mario Party 6
2. Mario Party 7
3. Mario Party DS
4. Mario Party 5
5. Mario Party: Star Rush
6. Mario Party 4
7. Mario Party 8
8. Mario Party 3
9. Mario Party 2
10. Mario Party Advance
11. Mario Party: The Top 100
12. Mario Party 9
13. Mario Party: Island Tour

The only party I haven't played is 10. Hopefully I will at some point.

My opinion is the only objectively correct one here.

I'm rational.

Island Tour was actually pretty okay. Parties were a blast, although some boards can be a little too luck-based. The minigames weren't the best either. But the last three party boards (Kamek, Shy Guy, and Bowser) put it far above Star Rush, a pretty mediocre game imo. But seeing how high up you put Star Rush...

Also, it doesn't look like you played Mario Party 1, because you didn't rank it. Was this a mistake? Because you said that the only one you have yet to play is 10.

Forgot but I haven't played it often so I guess it ranks like Mario Party 10.

Though I do blame more on the really shitty N64 control stick than the minigames in of themselves causing those hand sores the game is known for.

In Super Mario Odyssey, once you beat the game and buy the Mushroom Pillows, if you go inside the Odyssey and sit on the chair, Cappy will start floating around and looking at the souvenirs you bought over the course of the game. Mario will also look around, but occasionally fall asleep in the chair. This will happen until you get up from the chair.

It's really fitting if you have all the souvenirs, like in my 100% file.

In Mario Party 7, when playing the Mic Space minigame, there is a regional difference. The North American version has an orange as a card. The European version replaces it with a cherry

Europe never got over how Wario got killed over an orange in that one memorable play-through of Fruits of Doom.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I have among the most curated opinions on Mario Party games, so allow me

1. Mario Party 6
2. Mario Party 7
3. Mario Party DS
4. Mario Party 5
5. Mario Party: Star Rush
6. Mario Party 4
7. Mario Party 8
8. Mario Party 3
9. Mario Party 2
10. Mario Party Advance
11. Mario Party: The Top 100
12. Mario Party 9
13. Mario Party: Island Tour

My opinion is the only objectively correct one here.

I'm rational.
Russian Baby Luigi said:
wanna recheck your list? i think its missing something at the bottom.

Back