Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

I think there is enough interest so I am streaming the Pokemon Presents
But I am waking up way too early anyways

Was hoping Pikmin 4 gets a bigger push before release
Will be streaming this obviously
I wouldn't have it any other way; they might announce a new interesting and surprising game or feature. For example I'd be interested to see a sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising, or a new Kirby game. Adding GameCube to the NSO Virtual Console would be positive if they decided to do that, as well.

I am so excited for Everybody 1-2 Switch NEWS.

BingoGrid_202306.png

My Bingo sheet! Let's see what's in store in an hour's time.

A few notes:
  • Post announcement means that Nintendo have one last thing before the announcement ends, which is something they did not do these days.
  • Non-VG Nintendo-published game is basically like the Hamtaro GBA games and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, which are not video game IPs but Nintendo published their licensed games.
  • High-profile indie game spotlight could be like Hollow Knight Silksong or a Shovel Knight sequel or spinoff.
  • It's odd to see Microsoft game in a Nintendo-centric page, but they did publish some games on Nintendo systems before.

Thank you for reading.

I am actually so, so hyped for this

meeeeeeh

another damn WarioWare game

a... weird-looking NSMB mod project

no donkey kong again

but hey, there's a remake of Mario RPG at least!

6/10

Just finished watching this, thoughts:

• Super Mario RPG remake: Honestly this got me super hyped (besides the fact that this announcement all but confirmed a rumoured TTYD remake wasn't happening), since my opinion of the original game was that I somewhat enjoyed the story and characters, but I found everything else about it pretty mediocre and outdated, but it looks like this remake might fix all that. I still doubt the remake will put it on the level of the first four M&Ls or the first three Paper Marios but still I'm looking forward to it.
  • New Peach game: Looks like it might be interesting but they were extremely vague about what the game will be like, so idk
  • Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: Remake of a game I never played but I found the original Luigi's Mansion on the GameCube a decent game so I might get this one
  • New Super Mario Kart DLC: Okay, but I don't care as I don't own and am unlikely to ever buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder: So the rumours were true. This looks a FANTASTIC platformer and may very well become my favourite 2D Mario (not counting SPM or the Maker games).
  • (edit: forgot to mention WarioWare but I didn't care about that. I also didn't care for any of the non-Mario related stuff.)

I know a good number of people here are happy after this direct ^^'. Vampire Survivors on Switch! We've all been waiting for it.

P5T looks rlly cute, I'm interested in Detective Pikachu's Return.

This Direct did great in terms of Mario even though there's nothing else in it that interested me. Fortunately the former overshadows the latter easily

This might be my favorite Nintendo Direct ever.

They announced five Mario-related games here. The drought was worth it in my opinion. Here are my thoughts on each of the games:

Super Mario RPG - I played the original and never beat it, unfortunately (I got stuck at the final boss). This might be my chance to finally beat it. The graphics look great, they're modern looking while also being stylized and faithful to the original game, and I love the new arrangements of the music too. Looks like they really spruced up the cutscenes, looking forward to seeing them in full. Given that this was my first Mario RPG game, I'm really tempted to get this.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon remake - Im pretty tempted to get this as well. I've played the first game on 3DS and I've been meaning to play the second and third games for quite some time, so now might be my time to do so.

The Peach game - Looks intriguing, I'm not sure what genre it is though. Looks to me like a 2D platformer with a 3D perspective kind of like Yoshi's Crafted World. Either way, I'm looking forward to see Peach starring in another game.

WarioWare: Move It! - I wasn't expecting a second WarioWare game for the Switch, especially since I didn't think Get It Together was particularly successful. I've never played a WarioWare game (I've only tried demos), so once again I'm tempted to pick this up.

Mario Kart 8 DLC - The bathroom track looks cool, kind of like Ribbon Road but in a bathroom now. The characters are interesting - I expected Petey Piranha and Kamek to come in, but Wiggler is a left-field inclusion. I was also surprised they showed three characters, when only five remain total. Really makes me wonder if we're going to get more characters beyond the supposed five.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder - I'm pretty happy that we're finally getting a 2D Mario game that's not an NSMB game, and visually it looks distinct as well. Seems like the whole hook of the game is that it's weird and wondrous, fitting for a game that's finally a departure from the usual fare.

Overall, I was very satisfied with this Direct. I was hoping for a Mario game of some sort, but I wasn't expecting five of them! I'm honestly tempted to get all five of these, I haven't been this hyped for Mario stuff on a good few years. I find it interesting how they revealed games for Mario, Luigi, Peach and Wario, a pretty wide spread of Mario characters.

Last edited:
The Super Mario RPG remake might be the best one for me. It's a given that the iconic Mario enemies and characters would use their modern designs, but I'm also wondering if they'll also use their main names rather than the one-off names from the original game (e.g Cheep Cheep instead of Goby, and just Boo instead of The Big Boo)

Mario RPG looks amazing even though I never finished the original, no excuse for me to not play it in full now.

I liked Smooth Moves so I'm looking forward to Move It!

Obvious winner is Mario Wonder, finally an actual creative 2D Mario game with expressive animations. Game looks insane and there was way too much to process in that trailer lol
I have a feeling the talking flowers will get annoying for some people as they play the game

Back