Your headcanons

I really want someone to create an evolutionary connection between Koopas and Kremlings, and then explain whether the former have any ties to the Krocodile Kore from DKC2 considering it is described as the "source of the Kremlings" in the game's instruction manual.

~~~~~

Anyway, while I don't equally like all the Paper Mario games that I've played (having in fact expressed disdain for SPM), I don't oppose the idea that all games in the series are comprised in one Paper Mario universe; that is to say, I don't consider the newer, "crafted" Paper Mario games to happen in another world from the "storybook" Paper Mario games. As far as I'm concerned, Origami King's Toad Town is just a refurbished version of its namesake from PM64 within the same world, in the same way we've known Peach's Castle to change appearance and surroundings in mainline Mario games. Likewise, you can take the ferry boat from Decalburg and Rogueport is thataway with a couple hours in-between.
i think anyone can do that

I really want someone to create an evolutionary connection between Koopas and Kremlings,
ahh remember i made an evolutionary tree of koopas? i considered them dinosaurs so you can lump koopas and kremlings into archosaurs... but at that point youd wanna include countless other dinosaurs and birds that just archosausr alone would be a MASSIVE tree and i am Not up to do it

If Nintendo ever let me write some sort of "Marioverse guidebook" tying all the games together into one well-established continuity and throwing in fun little details, hoo boy... Say goodbye to the rainforests.

A few of mine that I can think of off the top of my head (once I started it was hard to stop):
  • The Koopa Troop is heavily organized by species who work under Bowser's subordinates. For example, Goombas report to Goomboss, Bob-ombs to King Bob-omb, Shy Guys to General Guy, etc. Koopas report directly to Bowser himself.
  • Boos are not part of the Koopa Troop. Bowser and King Boo are merely allies in some sort of mutually beneficial relationship.
  • Also, King Boo and Lady Bow may or may not be related.
  • Bowser's brother is Morton's namesake and the father of the Koopalings.
  • Goomdivers and the scuba Goombas from SML2 are the same thing.
  • The Mario world is part of a Nintendo/video game multiverse, and the Smash world is the hub that they all connect through. This is how characters like Link sometimes appear in Mario games despite having very different worlds (and yes, that means the Mario gang did some universe hopping for Mario Kart 8/Deluxe!).

• The Koopa Troop is heavily organized by species who work under Bowser's subordinates. For example, Goombas report to Goomboss, Bob-ombs to King Bob-omb, Shy Guys to General Guy, etc. Koopas report directly to Bowser himself.

Wouldn't that give way to systemic raci--err, speciesism?

Wouldn't that give way to systemic raci--err, speciesism?
It's probably too late for that anyway, the big boss characters rarely (if ever) associate with anyone outside their own species, and games like Bowser's Inside Story have already shown that species are divided into their own squadrons to some extent.

Maybe Bowser should consider looking into more equal employment opportunities...

But what about enemies like Snailcorn and Buzzy Beetle? Do they have their own leaders or do they just have their own little squadron?

But what about enemies like Snailcorn and Buzzy Beetle? Do they have their own leaders or do they just have their own little squadron?
Ooh, that's a good question. I suppose there's the possibility that they could have leaders who we just haven't seen in any games yet for whatever reason.

Though personally, I don't consider Snailicorns part of the Koopa Troop, just hostile creatures that Mario happens to run into on his way to save Peach. In my headcanon, it's only the frequently recurring enemies that are part of the Koopa Troop, along with any other enemies that are confirmed to work for Bowser through the RPGs or things like that.

A few more:
  • Metal Mario (the character, not the form) is a Machine Made clone of Mario created by a few of Smithy's followers sometime after his defeat. Unfortunately for them, he cares more about playing sports than trying to defeat Mario.
  • Since Nintendo can't decide, yes, Wario and Waluigi are brothers.
  • On the other hand, Peach and Daisy have no relation. Neither do Toad and Toadette.

we wont see cranky kong being a ghost any time soon (as far as im aware) literally because hes too stubborn to die. he will live as long as video games are around
on the topic of that he is secretly the best gamer in the mario verse. youre a competitive esports player? a top speedrunner? something else i couldnt think of? sorry cranky can beat you in both if he bothered to play with/against you
elaborating on the latter a lil, from a discord:
"my headcanon is that no matter who the best gamer in the marioverse is, esports pro gamers or whatever | cranky kong will be able to beat them if he ever cared to compete with them. whoever hes comparing his skills with in some way hes just inexplicably slightly better than them in particular at video games. every time" (as in his skills arent consistent but theyre always just slightly better than his opponent, or whatever kong hes complaining to that he beat the game on one life in an hour)
and also wrinkly is somehow the opposite. she would somehow lose in a video game to a singular plate of spaghetti. she still plays video games anyway. i think its a bit impressive at all that a ghost is capable of playing of video games even if said ghost has never won in a video game ever

theyre still sisters but dixie is too short for whatever ape species she is and tiny is (ironically) too tall for whatever ape species she is. so theres the ridiculous height difference between them! (also fun fact apparently even in dk64 tiny was always slightly taller than diddy, and dixie too by extension)
i am simply thinking about donky kong a lot lately

Dark Blocks attacking the Bros. in Dream Team suggests Question Blocks attack Bowser, and I'm here for it.

Reactions: zel
More headcanons.
  • While Daisy and Peach are definitely friends who care a lot about each other, they do share a bit of a competitive rivalry with each other and they sometimes get into petty fights over the stupidest shit.
  • Peach lost both of her parents at an young age and grew up very lonely, because of this, she heavily relates to Rosalina.
  • Due to being away for such a long time, Rosalina tends to be quite overwhelmed by modern day society and early on, had a bit of trouble adjusting to certain things. That said, she also has a childlike sense of wonder and curiosity towards certain things and is constantly wowed and interested in things that likely wouldn't faze someone now, such as cars, TVs, the internet and instant TV dinners.
  • The reason why we never see Wario's friends in Mario spin-offs is simply because Mario isn't really aware of them, because Wario never talks about them at any point (when he talks ahout his WarioWare endeavors, he tends to make it out like he did it all himself, never mentioning his friends at any point) and never takes them with him to stuff, simply because he doesn't want any of them to potentially steal his glory.

Last edited:
That's actually a really good explanation for why we never see the WarioWare characters anywhere else, I like it. You could also reverse that to explain why Waluigi never appears in WarioWare since he interacts with Mario and co. on a regular basis, which would make it a lot harder for Wario to take all the credit if he was involved and around.

The Mantas that appear in the fifth world of New Super Mario Bros. Wii are closely linked to the Super Mario World's dolphins and Dorrie. They're so similar in behaviour and have the same swim googles, I believe they form some sort of aquatic/semi-aquatic community of creatures that are neither Princess Peach's subjects nor Bowser's minions. They happily live on their own and just happen to help Mario if they find him on their ay.

Here's a headconon o mine.
The shy guys that we see in the mainline Mario games are just the in their first stage of evolution. Once they grow out of said stage, their bodies morph into adult human bodies over a set period of time. The reason you never see those future stages is because the first stage shy guys are more expendable, so, Kamek and/or Bowser would use those to fend off Mario and Co. This might also explain how the Fat Guy exists.

one of many headcanons: it's not just Mario Bros 3 that's performative, every Mario game is a sort of storytelling-in-progress of an adventure with Mario as the protagonist; details are altered or brushed over entirely to facilitate the simple nature of a tale being told. This is partly confirmed thanks to the Mario Odyssey art book, which stated that originally the citizens of New Donk City were going to be faceless, to demonstrate Mario's alienation and inability to relate to "regular" city folks

but that in turn implies that their height, too, could just be a framing device, a physical manifestation for us the players but purely a metaphor for Mario himself. Mario feels like the Donk people, with their towering skyscrapers and important places to be, are looking down at the simple, fun-loving plumber, so that's what we see. Mario might not actually be that much shorter than New Donkers, but he *feels* like he is. Taken to its logical extreme, the majority of Toads bearing the same appearance and being named Toad could be that same framing device in action; they all look the same because they're not critical to the Mario story. They don't have individual names because they don't matter to the yarn being spun. Persona 5 does something similar, with random background characters having fewer visible details (and in fact, appearing faceless) compared to the main cast.

the Mario RPGs tend to tell a more complex narrative with a larger cast so the Toads (and other miscellaneous non-Marios) get to be more fleshed out and "real"

Mini-Yoshis are a subspecies of Yoshi. Rather than having the same color skin as the spots on the egg they hatch from, all Mini-Yoshi eggs have cyan, magenta, yellow, and (unseen due to the sprite) black spots, and their skin color is determined by external factors outside the egg before they hatch. This opens up potential for them to have rare shades, hues, and color combinations not seen on normal Yoshis.
From the time the hatch, Mini-Yoshis all have the same proportions as normal adult Yoshis, but they never grow bigger than one brick block tall.

Oh so they're just like my characters.

Mini-Yoshis are a subspecies of Yoshi. Rather than having the same color skin as the spots on the egg they hatch from, all Mini-Yoshi eggs have cyan, magenta, yellow, and (unseen due to the sprite) black spots, and their skin color is determined by external factors outside the egg before they hatch. This opens up potential for them to have rare shades, hues, and color combinations not seen on normal Yoshis.
From the time the hatch, Mini-Yoshis all have the same proportions as normal adult Yoshis, but they never grow bigger than one brick block tall.
Woooah, Jurassic World 3: Dawn of the Yoshi.

Back