Post your least cancelable Mario take here

I have no idea who this "Michaeloll" fellow is. I can't even find the user on the forums, which is odd because this user is mentioned yet their presence is completely absent.

Thank you for reading.

hi

wait shit now I have to say something original but also tame uh...

Mario is the main character and protagonist of the long-running and highly successful Mario franchise. He was created by Japanese video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto and serves as the main mascot of Nintendo. Mario made his first appearance as the protagonist of the arcade game Donkey Kong, released in 1981 (in which he took the alias "Jumpman"). Since Super Mario Bros., his trademark abilities have been his jumping and stomping powers, with which he defeats most of his enemies, and his ability to gain even more powers with a plethora of items, such as the Super Mushroom, the Fire Flower, and the Super Star. Games have usually portrayed Mario as a silent character without a distinct personality (Fortune Street is a notable exception). According to Nintendo's philosophy, this allows Mario to fit in many different genres and roles. In most games, he is the hero that goes on an adventure to save Princess Peach from his arch-nemesis, Bowser, but he has been shown doing many other activities besides adventuring, such as racing and sporting with his younger twin brother, Luigi, and others. Mario's main traits are his red hat, thick mustache, Italian accent, cheerful personality, heavy use of power-ups, and high jumping ability.

Hey we can all agree that plagiarism is not cool!

maybe but the take itself ain't cancellable now ain't it

Waluigi should be canon.
The Mario & Luigi series should be continued in some way.

I probably have more later.

Super Mario world is a good game

(I actually think it's an amazing game but lessening the weight of a positive/negative word makes it more likely to be agreeable with a wider array of people)

Porcupuffer and its five million variations suck vote for it instead of Hammer Bros this year at the awards.

Last edited:
Alt outfits started recently (Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart Live Circuit, Mario & Sonic at Tokyo, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Golf Super Rush) and it's usually super cool seeing wardrobe changes. Super neat that the plumber guys (and Toad and Toadette) got sports specific outfits for instance, rather than just Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina getting outfits (though they did get new outfits for golf too!). I can't wait to see what outfits are available for the upcoming Mario Strikers (even that game always gave people outfits for the occasion).

(I actually think it's an amazing game but lessening the weight of a positive/negative word makes it more likely to be agreeable with a wider array of people)

my sister had a lukewarm reception towards super mario world, (she always ran up against the time limit, which is counterproductive to the game also encouraging you to explore, dragon coins being meaningless, and an array of draconian secrets such as the cheese bridge secret exit and for me, the entirety of the fuckery that is chocolate island 2) so yeah.

this for another thread but i.e. super mario world is fine but doesn't have what I want from modern mario games these days

Wario and Waluigi makes for a great comedic pairing, and I am grateful that Camelot shows us the way. In fact, more games should apply their comic relief services, even in the other sports games, the Mario RPG games, and (I don't know if this will irk some people for some reason) yes, even the Wario games.

Thank you for reading.

I like how the music in the games tend to be catchy and upbeat.

It's really interesting delving into the music theory as to why this is. If you're interested, here are a couple of videos that dissect it:

(I always like people to learn new things every time I post. Your post isn't controversial in any way but these videos help to explain why it isn't controversial. Fun!)

It would be controversial on sites at large, but not here on the Mario Boards: Mario and Luigi have a very heartwarming brotherly relationship.

To me as a twin sister who loves my sister the most in this world, that makes Yoshis Island the most depressing game in the series. Not exactly a take that belongs in this thread but I legit find the prospect of the Mario Bros as children separated at birth depressing. I really hate how Yoshis Island artwork neglects Baby Luigi.

To me as a twin sister who loves my sister the most in this world, that makes Yoshis Island the most depressing game in the series. Not exactly a take that belongs in this thread but I legit find the prospect of the Mario Bros as children separated at birth depressing. I really hate how Yoshis Island artwork neglects Baby Luigi.

Oh, absolutely. It's very fortunate that Mario had this sort of... twin connection with Luigi and could tell where he was. Kind of a shame that was never referenced again in other games, it could be neat, I think.

Another uncontroversial opinion: Mario crossovers are very fun, and I think it was a smart idea to make Super Smash Bros. one of them rather than the prototypal idea they had for it.

Back