Super Mario Run 2

THE END

I am infinite, I am nothing
Super Mario Run.
The game that caused controversy in the Mario community because some people felt it was a dumb-down version of Mario, but others, like me, liked it very much. (Even Nathaniel Bandy!) But we all felt the same. World Tour was pretty short, the game had more potential, and so much more.
But that's why I'm here with this.
Most of you either don't play it anymore or just deleted it, but I haven't. I'm creating this thread so anyone can post their opinions and ideas about Super Mario Run 2. Why not? Post your opinions, and if Nintendo doesn't do it, maybe, with all these ideas, we can create it ourselves. So start postin'!

Attachments

• A74332E4-D270-42DD-BB01-B690137C0EA8.jpeg
    A74332E4-D270-42DD-BB01-B690137C0EA8.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 261
Super Mario Run stands as Nintendo's only decent mobile game if only for the payment model
There's a boring one (FE) a one that i dont care about (acpc) a stamina based (dmw) and a pay-to-win (mkt)

I honestly didn't care about Super Mario Run and would be indifferent on a Super Mario Run 2. In my opinion, Nintendo should put their resources into Nintendo Switch games, games that aren't ruined by poor payment models and aren't as controversial.

I guesssssssss so... but this could be the best mobile mario game

If Nintendo realizes their mistakes, yeah. I would say just use the pricing model of Super Mario Run and develop the game a bit more, then it could be better.

If Nintendo realizes their mistakes, yeah. I would say just use the pricing model of Super Mario Run and develop the game a bit more, then it could be better.
Ha you think they're gonna abandon the juicy recurrent user spending?

I don't understand why it would cause controversy for being diet Mario. It's, like only 10 bucks on a platform everyone can game on compared to a full-priced Mario title for a console you needed to buy, what were people expecting?

Everyone's so mad about IAPs in Tour but that's a part of mobile gaming

IAPs can be done without being completely insulting though (looking at you Mario Kart Tour)

almost every game on iOS has IAPs

why is it a big deal

The mobile market is a known cesspool that has its practices spill over to 60 dollar console games, where MTX don't have a purpose.

As I said, IAPs can be done without being insulting. Lootboxes and energy systems with grindy aspects to them to get you to spend limitless amounts of cash are insulting.

imo super mario run 2 isn't worth it... i personally don't have any plants to buy super mario run 1 and even playing the new soup series, SMB2 and my plants to play NSMBU and NSMB2, SMB3, and SMW are blown out of the water by the maker series

Wouldn't complain if they made another game like Super Mario Run. Don't think it will happen though since they have Dr. Mario World and Mario Kart Tour on their priority list already and it didn't do so well so there's little incentive for a sequel.
imo super mario run 2 isn't worth it... i personally don't have any plants to buy super mario run 1 and even playing the new soup series, SMB2 and my plants to play NSMBU and NSMB2, SMB3, and SMW are blown out of the water by the maker series
Yknow this just gave me an idea for a cross between Super Mario Run and Super Mario Maker which would actually be kind of fun. Maybe some special mode in a future Mario Maker game if not a standalone product?

iirc Super Mario Run made more revenue than Dr. Mario World so it's not like, a bomb or anything. Hell, Dr. Mario World is a successful money-maker in its own right, making a respectable 1.4 million, which would have been, like, amazing for any developer in its own right, but because it's not a gigantic money sink like the rest of the mobile outputs like Fire Emblem Heroes, it's considered a "flop".

Yknow this just gave me an idea for a cross between Super Mario Run and Super Mario Maker which would actually be kind of fun. Maybe some special mode in a future Mario Maker game if not a standalone product?
idk what you mean how how this would work particularly. whilst i've never played super mario run i've seen it on youtube and iirc its visuals are basically the same as the new soup series artstyle so it wouldn't be distinct visually, and i don't believe it to have any particular gameplay things that would stand out from the existing possibilities in mario maker.

idk what you mean how how this would work particularly. whilst i've never played super mario run i've seen it on youtube and iirc its visuals are basically the same as the new soup series artstyle so it wouldn't be distinct visually, and i don't believe it to have any particular gameplay things that would stand out from the existing possibilities in mario maker.
I wasn't talking about a new game style, rather a mode or something where you're constantly running. Granted these already exist in speedrun levels where you hold the run button and need to have split-second reaction time to get through, though some sort of option dedicated to it on top of some of the abilities from that game like parkour could make it more fun.

I liked it for a bit, bought the full for my bro, but haven't touched it in forever.

Back