Super Mario 3D All-Stars (rumored)

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
So within the last month or so, we have been hearing rumors about a 3D Mario collection that will contain 64 (I hope it will be based on the DS version), Sunshine, Galaxy and Galaxy 2 all remastered in HD. I would be happy for it to come true. It would be nice to see all the past 3D Mario games in HD and made even better than their original versions, Sunshine and the Galaxy games. This is what I've been looking for a while since the Switch's launch. It will be Mario's answer to Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

YES! Dear Jesus, please make this happen!

Grin.jpg

(I just stole this from something Ray Trace posted in The Altonia Files, but what the heck?)

This'd be hype, but I'm reluctant to believe it since it sounds like exactly what people want to happen, but not necessarily what Nintendo would actually do.

im so tired of remasters/ports/remakes of older games

I dunno, a Super Mario 3D All-Stars sounds too good to be true in my opinion. Besides, I'd rather have Super Mario Odyssey 2, and SM3DAS would just dash my hopes of SMO2. But if Super Mario Sunshine would be remastered, I'd take that, since I never got to play the original.

i would be incredibly happy if they actually did this, the two galaxies are both definitive games of my childhood, especially 2 as i played it first, it would really warm my heart to see them remastered.

64 i like as well, i feel that having more modernised camera, moveset, controls etc. would drastically improve my liking of the game. having modernised graphics would also be incredible.

as for sunshine, well, the way the GC version turned out i sadly wasn't able to enjoy nearly as much as the other 3d marios, but if this turns out well i might actually get to love the game, because i do think it has a nice spirit and fun ideas, just the way that it turned out never went above and beyond for me.

im expecting separate game releases and not a 3d all stars sorta deal but either way i hope this is real so bad!!! i am the local loser whos only console ever was and still is the switch so i kinda. missed out on so many mario games
that would be my only chance to play th games (legally) without spending a ton more money on a whole ass new console and the games themselves

im so tired of remasters/ports/remakes of older games
Well, they gotta happen because its a hassle of emulating them on modern platforms. PS and Xbox are porting their old titles over and rarely are able to emulate older titles, the PS3 is too complex for PS4 to handle while the PS1 and PS2 is simple as is on PC with the likes of PCSX2 and ePSXe, PCSX-Reloaded, and other PS1 emulators. The Switch can technically handle GameCube emulation as seen on NVIDIA Shield TV but the Wii emulation is demanding so they port over old titles and remaster them for a newer generation and keep them alive for the Switch. The GameCube and Wii U both sold less than the competition so there's less copies in the wild and it makes it harder for people to play them on the real hardware because it gets expensive. By remastering old games, more people can experience them, especially if they changed systems such as moving to PlayStation or Xbox or didn't buy any consoles that gen or were on PC or Mac.

Last edited:
Would the pointer controls of Galaxy 1/2 especially be replicable with the Switch joy-con? What about the Pro Controller? I remember being able to some pretty rudimentary motion controls with the Pro in BOTW, but nothing like having a cursor on-screen.

Would the pointer controls of Galaxy 1/2 especially be replicable with the Switch joy-con? What about the Pro Controller? I remember being able to some pretty rudimentary motion controls with the Pro in BOTW, but nothing like having a cursor on-screen.
Galaxy 1 was released on the Nvidia Shield in China with no motion controls (X to spin and the cursor was controlled with the right stick) so it's definitely doable

i think having the touch sceen as an optional way to select galaxies, menu options, pull stars, sling pods, and collecting star bits would be fun

It would be neat if 64 looks like it's renders
226-2267272_n64-mario-running-render-by-kingbilly97-db05dz7-super.png

Also, add the content from 64 DS in, I don't care about someone still calling themselves a 90's kid whining

Also, add some quality of life stuff to the games, mostly Sunshine, why remake a game if all you're going to do is make it prettier?

Yeah, in early years Switch has been like recycling the short-lived WiiU games. Not saying it can't happen but maybe next console where it serves as the first Mario 3D & remaster there. For now I'd rather like to see a new SM3DW title with new theme&story.

Maybe a Paper Mario Allstars game that allows you to keep all past partners to the last title. Yeah, unlikely.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the first three Paper Mario titles remastered too in a collection. Heck, I'd buy them instantly. It would be amazing to see PM64, TTYD, and SPM in HD. They would look fabulous in HD.

I'd like to see the first three Paper Mario titles remastered too in a collection. Heck, I'd buy them instantly. It would be amazing to see PM64, TTYD, and SPM in HD. They would look fabulous in HD.
i'd love that but i doubt it'll happen as first three paper marios and their originality don't seem to get much representation from nintendo and such even though people like them

I refuse to believe in this rumor simply because it's too good to be true. No way are we gonna get the first three 3D Mario games in a collection, let alone having them remastered on Switch in the first place.
I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm still skeptical on a whole HD collection of all 64, Sunshine, and the Galaxy games. I do believe that a 3D World Switch port will be coming out though.

Back