Super Mario Maker 2

HEROWALUIGI said:
HEROWALUIGI said:
Dtk0cRIVsAAQAw_.jpg

id like to add modding introduces a whole set of new limitations since most of the time, what you're replacing has to match the original data in some way or another, and you're going to have to replace an element entirely most of the time; ie the super mario land mario sprites replaces the smb style mario sprites.

but sometimes, you have stuff like spore dark injection, which adds a crapton of new parts into the game and removes creation size limits entirely, rather than replace anything. this really lets your creativity run wild.

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Heck, I'm pretty sure that usually even creating a cheat code to make a game easier is harder than the game itself.

depends on the cheat code and depends on what element of the game gets changed to make easier. sometimes it's changing a single line in a decompressed xml file (in mario kart 8's case, changing the lapcount from 3 to 2 or 1 to cheat your way to victory in time trials), sometimes it can be more complicated than that.

The addition of SML is a mod? Videos I'm seeing such as this one https://youtu.be/mMawD2ZOO2s are saying it's apart of the game. (comments too).

I thought this was cool, as a lot of people seemed to want the next "additional style" to be SML, but here, it's easily added as a powerup. I'd rather see SMB2 added, because of how different it is, and it seems each major style is represented by the entries they've included (NSMB series by NSMBU, and 3D series by 3DW), so it wouldn't make much sense to add styles like Galaxy or NSMBW though I would add elements from those games (like allowing as options the different backgrounds and music of NSMB).
SML is really too close to SMB1 (plus it would be awkward to have a whole style in black & white), but they could perhaps just allow options of enemies, music and other elements of it, like they've done with the superball.

The only mod I'd use would be changing the NSMBU Angry Sun to the Mario Kart DS/Wii version. It would look so much better that way.

I've completed all the Story Mode jobs now. I also have a streak of 160 courses completed in the Easy Endless Challenge, but that really isn't anything to write home about when it's close to impossible to ever get a game over on the easiest difficulty level.

N0X-KYY-1TG New course, based on mostly familiar Mario locations in Smash. Goal is to KO most of the fire piranha plants. Title being Super Smash World being that it's in the SMW style

So, do any of you think it's likely that they'll release DLC for this?
If so, do you think it'll just be more parts (like the additions of Fire Clown Cars and Skewers in MM1), or whole new game styles (SML2 and SMO come to mind)?

Me personally, I think there's gonna be some new additions when they release Online with friends, maybe not a whole new game style, but at least quality of life additions or a couple new parts.

some new parts are def coming out but im pretty sure new unique game styles will be a thing too. the thing still says extra game styles doesnt it?

At this point, future updates will probably just fix up some of the glitches that have been discovered. A new game style feels rather doubtful anyway.

They didn't add game styles in the original though, so you can't say if they'll do it here or just add more new objects than before objects.

It's possible that there could be more features/game styles added in the future since this game is on a more successful system. But then again, this could be a Super Mario Party situation in which the game gets no additional content.

MnSG said:
At this point, future updates will probably just fix up some of the glitches that have been discovered. A new game style feels rather doubtful anyway.
oh my god the game literally has an "extra game styles" section how are people still convinced there won't be more styles

Well, my Easy Endless Challenge streak has gone over 600 clears now, and my global ranking is in the top 2000. I'll still have to increase my streak further if I want to make it to the top 1000 though; a medal can be earned by accomplishing some sort of task in each of the Endless Challenge difficulty levels, but I'm not sure what it is.

Shygul said:
oh my god the game literally has an "extra game styles" section how are people still convinced there won't be more styles

Part of it may be due to Story Mode only representing the 5 base game styles; I seriously doubt that any Story Mode DLC will be made.

MnSG said:
Part of it may be due to Story Mode only representing the 5 base game styles; I seriously doubt that any Story Mode DLC will be made.
the word "styles" in "extra game styles" is plural and therefor implies multiple styles will exist at some point this is basic english dude

So one of the big complaints I hear about this game is the supposed extreme lag in the online multiplayer modes, with some people going as far as to say it's unplayable. I see people's footage where it's running at like 1 frame per second. However, my experience with the online multiplayer has been quite the opposite: it runs at a completely normal speed a majority of the time. Every now and then I'll get a slow level, but it rarely becomes unplayable. So, what experience have you guys had? Has lag been a huge issue for everyone else while it just isn't for me, or is it more evenly divided? Do the people who have extreme lag just have bad internet connection? I'm curious because this is a big complaint about the game that others have that I cannot relate to.

What internet are you using? If you're using an ethernet cable, that might help get better connections.

If you mean ethernet cable directly to the Switch, than no. I think an ethernet cable is involved with the router but all our devices connect wirelessly.

Back