Super Mario Maker 2

I purchased the game. Probably won't be able to download it for a couple days though.

Also...an unlockable object has been spoiled from the other regions already:
The Superball Flower is an unlockable item for the Super Mario Bros. style. You get it from a Story Mode level.

-5 Hours Remain-

I am rounding here folks.

HEROWALUIGI said:
YOU WANT TO TELL THAT TO THE PERSON THAT HAS BEEN *BEEP*ING WAITING FOR 2 YEARS????
Uh, two years? That's nothing compared to how long...

-fans of Mario 64 and Sunshine waited for another sandbox-style 3D Mario game (15 years)

-Kirby Super Star fans waited for a return to its elaborate copy ability system (15 years)

-fans of Banjo-Kazooie waited for the two to show up on a Nintendo console again (19 years)

Yeah...two years is nothing. I've waited for stuff for two years, and it's really not a big deal at all. So I don't see why you feel the need to make a countdown, let alone an hourly one.

Bandana Waddle Dee said:
HEROWALUIGI said:
YOU WANT TO TELL THAT TO THE PERSON THAT HAS BEEN *BEEP*ING WAITING FOR 2 YEARS????

-fans of Mario 64 and Sunshine waited for another sandbox-style 3D Mario game (15 years)

-Kirby Super Star fans waited for a return to its elaborate copy ability system (15 years)

-fans of Banjo-Kazooie waited for the two to show up on a Nintendo console again (19 years)
-fans of Earthbound waited for a release of the first game in America (27 years; 1989-2016)

-fans of Super Mario World waited for a new 2D Mario game (14 years; 1992-2006)

-fans of Metroid waited for a new, good game (10 years; 2007-2017)

-fans of F-Zero have been waiting for a new game (I've been waiting my entire life.)

I do have the game pre-ordered, but odds are, it won't be arriving until the next work week; it's a retail copy.

SeproDep said:
Bandana Waddle Dee said:
HEROWALUIGI said:

-fans of Earthbound waited for a release of the first game in America (27 years; 1989-2016)

-fans of Super Mario World waited for a new 2D Mario game (14 years; 1992-2006)

-fans of Metroid waited for a new, good game (10 years; 2007-2017)

-fans of F-Zero have been waiting for a new game (I've been waiting my entire life.)
Mostly yes, although that Metroid one might be taking it a bit too far. Whether a game is "good" or not is entirely subjective, and even disregarding that, Prime 4 won't be releasing for several more years (assuming it does at all) so that wait span would be longer.

But my point is that two years equates to nothing compared to what other fans have had to endure. If you really like a game, then you'll probably be playing it for two years and beyond. I get why you would want a sequel, but the fact that you felt the need to put your text in 36pt font, to count every hour, and to emphasize how long you've been waiting after only two years is something I'll never understand.

Bandana Waddle Dee said:
Prime 4 won't be releasing for several more years (assuming it does at all) so that wait span would be longer.
I didn't specifically say Prime games. I said good Metroid (read; the general population of fans doesn't bash on it) games in general. The wait between Prime 3 and Samus Returns was, indeed, ten years.

Erdrick the Hero said:
The Superball Flower is an unlockable item for the Super Mario Bros. style. You get it from a Story Mode level.
I just found this out from the Powerup's wiki page and had to come here.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

SeproDep said:
Bandana Waddle Dee said:
Prime 4 won't be releasing for several more years (assuming it does at all) so that wait span would be longer.
I didn't specifically say Prime games. I said good Metroid (read; the general population of fans doesn't bash on it) games in general. The wait between Prime 3 and Samus Returns was, indeed, ten years.
Wasn't Samus Returns a remake, though? Pretty sure you said "new".

Erdrick the Hero said:
This is beyond cool. Can't wait!

Bandana Waddle Dee said:
SeproDep said:
Bandana Waddle Dee said:
Wasn't Samus Returns a remake, though? Pretty sure you said "new".
It seems different enough for me to consider it a different game.

I've uploaded my first Mario Maker course. I'm not exactly very creative when it comes to map creating, as such I never really uploaded or barely ever made stages anyway in the first game. (Only making stuff in order to help unlock all the parts in the first game)

But what helped me give a shot at an uploading course... was Smash. Now that the game has slopes, the randomized stages in the Smash stage can be more accurately presented. (Albeit not 100%. For example you can't make lifts diagonal nor make them stationary. So in place of them is floating ground slope or if they're horizontal, use floating bridges. And you can't use Lava outside of castle stages, so Spikes are the replacement)

So not long before Mario Maker 2 came out. I played the Mario Maker 2 stage for quite a bit in multiple matches and took screens of each of the levels I got. I then used those screen as references and pick and chose which stages I could fit together into one coherent course.

The level is very easy, it won't challenge most players beyond some younger ones perhaps being tripped up by the Chain Chomp at the end. But it's best to start simple anyhow. I might make more levels based on combinations I get in Smash like this, thus why I put Vol. 1 because I probably will make more at some point.

If you'd like to give it a shot. The ID is 8KY-B48-S1G

My current opinion of the game is: no Luigi, I don't want your parts. go away.

and then they brought back Super Guide, everyone's favourite feature that makes you not play the game.

Leo Luster said:
My current opinion of the game is: no Luigi, I don't want your parts. go away.

and then they brought back Super Guide, everyone's favourite feature that makes you not play the game.

No one is telling you to use those features. They simply exist for those who are still learning.

Then maybe the game can stop shoving them in my face and reminding me that they exist every five seconds.

Doesn't stop it from appearing whenever I die for the second time on a stage, which means it's almost guaranteed to appear whenever I play a level, and become rather annoying.

Well, Nintendo can be known for being pretty patronizing and babying players.

Can't say Super Guide returning is an inherently bad idea though.

Got the game yesterday, just finished Story Mode.
So far, I only have a few gripes about the game.

1. The box art just has to yell that it came with a one-year subscription to NSO.
2. You still have to unlock parts even after you've finished Story Mode. I thought we got rid of that crap in the 3DS port.
3. No single-Switch multiplayer versus.
Leo Luster said:
no Luigi, I don't want your parts. go away.
5. They didn't bring back the Mystery Mushroom.

I just got finished playing all 113 levels.

In story mode. What, you thought I played any of HeroWaluigi's levels?

My favorite part is when the eraser hires you as an assassin.

Back