Super Mario Maker 2

Well, yeah, I personally think we could have Toadette, Daisy, or Rosalina. Why not? Mario Maker is all about options to begin with, so in a sense, yes, being able to select your character from a substantial roster of characters even if they technically all play the same IS part of the gameplay of Mario Maker, which is building your own levels and worlds with a lot of tools provided to you. Aesthetics and gameplay are not entirely segregated from each other, and as some of us posted, adding options to play as a character we want is in fact a gameplay enhancer so it's not unreasonable to request more options in the player character department. The fact that Mystery Mushrooms augment that somewhat and their huge focus from Nintendo shows to point that people would be pleased to customize their avatar character to someone other than Mario.

We also get the opportunity to play dress up with Mario in Super Mario Odyssey. :) But yeah, can we get spike balls first?

eh they should stop at Peach personally, and there's always Mystery Mushrooms for the rest (and with those you can have a MUCH bigger roster so I'd rather go that route for additional characters especially if they don't differ in gameplay). Peach was a major part of 3D World and while yes Rosalina was also playable she was the only unlockable and post-game. Honestly even though I vastly prefer Toadette over Toad, her presence with a pink cat suit and no sign of Peach gives a bit of a nasty feeling that they may be using her to avoid pulling Peach out of the kidnapped role, and in a game like Mario Maker (this'll be the only time you hear me say this)... it's fine without a story and we really don't need one. Super Mario Maker is about creating your own experience, and trying to give a stock plot to the randomly-generated levels in 100 man is just unnecessary.

I was really only hoping Luigi would be playable and anything else would be a bonus, buuut with the Toads there it would be weird to not have Peach considering the 3DW style. I kinda wish we could get the four heroes of light back together but I know a costume is the best we'll get for Bowser.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I kinda wish we could get the four heroes of light back together

I too, would want the protagonists from Final Fantasy 1 playable in the game.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, yeah, I personally think we could have Toadette, Daisy, or Rosalina. Why not? Mario Maker is all about options to begin with, so in a sense, yes, being able to select your character from a substantial roster of characters even if they technically all play the same IS part of the gameplay of Mario Maker, which is building your own levels and worlds with a lot of tools provided to you. Aesthetics and gameplay are not entirely segregated from each other, and as some of us posted, adding options to play as a character we want is in fact a gameplay enhancer so it's not unreasonable to request more options in the player character department. The fact that Mystery Mushrooms augment that somewhat and their huge focus from Nintendo shows to point that people would be pleased to customize their avatar character to someone other than Mario.
This so much.

I especially would like to have the variety that Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina provide. They're all different from one another. That's why I enjoy SMB2USA, 3D World and even Super Mario Run.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
eh they should stop at Peach personally, and there's always Mystery Mushrooms for the rest (and with those you can have a MUCH bigger roster so I'd rather go that route for additional characters especially if they don't differ in gameplay). Peach was a major part of 3D World and while yes Rosalina was also playable she was the only unlockable and post-game. Honestly even though I vastly prefer Toadette over Toad, her presence with a pink cat suit and no sign of Peach gives a bit of a nasty feeling that they may be using her to avoid pulling Peach out of the kidnapped role, and in a game like Mario Maker (this'll be the only time you hear me say this)... it's fine without a story and we really don't need one. Super Mario Maker is about creating your own experience, and trying to give a stock plot to the randomly-generated levels in 100 man is just unnecessary.

I was really only hoping Luigi would be playable and anything else would be a bonus, buuut with the Toads there it would be weird to not have Peach considering the 3DW style. I kinda wish we could get the four heroes of light back together but I know a costume is the best we'll get for Bowser.

If they make another bullshit excuse for not including Peach even in the 3D World style, I will bang my head against a wall. I mean for 2D sprites, Peach's floating is easy, for 3D World, they already have the resources to take from 3D World and the animations are easy to carry over and programming her floating is simple in all cases. Same with Daisy and her double jump from Super Mario Run. Same with Rosalina and her spinning. I mean they can take Peach's model straight from Super Mario Run and port the animations and create some new ones. It wouldn't be that difficult either ways.

I don't want new abilities. Especially not after in Super Mario Run they made everyone have some special power and Mario gets nothing like usual. Well, he used to be able to take more hits, but can't have that for him as some later bullshit patch made everyone able to take more hits.

So nope and no way to special abilities that turns my 1-up man into hard mode.

Baby Luigi said:

Well. You'll probably get Cloud at least unless SE has another conniption.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't want new abilities. Especially not after in Super Mario Run they made everyone have some special power and Mario gets nothing like usual. Well, he used to be able to take more hits, but can't have that for him as some later bullshit patch made everyone able to take more hits.

Well, it won't be bad. I mean, it wasn't a problem in SMB2 or Super Mario 3D World. Peach's floating is awesome and it makes platforming a complete non issue just like Daisy's double jump in SMR and Maria Renard's double jump in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. I mean it's nice to have variety than just everyone playing the same as Mario. Just as how Maria Renard has way more variety than Richter Belmont in the Castlevania games she's been in as a playable character (save for Castlevania Judgement where Richter isn't there but Maria is there). Same with Roll, Protoman, and Bass in the Mega Man games they've been playable in like in Mega Man Powered up and whatnot.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't want new abilities. Especially not after in Super Mario Run they made everyone have some special power and Mario gets nothing like usual.

It was fine in 3D World. Heck, I play as Mario in that way more than Toad. Toad has the worst ability IMO.

Moldo said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't want new abilities. Especially not after in Super Mario Run they made everyone have some special power and Mario gets nothing like usual.

It was fine in 3D World. Heck, I play as Mario in that way more than Toad. Toad has the worst ability IMO.

Makes sense. the devs basically said playing as Toad is like playing on hard mode.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't want new abilities. Especially not after in Super Mario Run they made everyone have some special power and Mario gets nothing like usual. Well, he used to be able to take more hits, but can't have that for him as some later bull*bleep* patch made everyone able to take more hits.

Well, I like Mario because of his lack of abilities. That's why I always use him. Even in Mario Run where Yoshi is playable, I still often find myself playing Mario.

DuRr I sMeLl MaRiO bIaS dUrR

But hey he's not the "boring guy with no powers" to me he's just standard dude for if you wanna play without any special things. If you really think of it that is what makes him special to play as, and as someone who appreciates simple things, you can see where I'm going with this.

Helps making things balanced.

Toad is fun to use in 3D World and SMB2, don't diss him.

My post specifically wasn't directed at specifically you but sure I'll diss you for no reason anyway you Terribelle lover.

Mcmadness said:
Makes sense. the devs basically said playing as Toad is like playing on hard mode.
Try telling that to me again when my sister hogs all the star coins before I can even reach them. Toad keeps getting that darned crown..

Well that's good you play as Mario. :) I wish I didn't feel penalized though.

Baby Luigi said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

Don't forget Final Fantasy III; I'd love to play as Onion Knight.

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
Baby Luigi said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

Don't forget Final Fantasy III; I'd love to play as Onion Knight.
same I wanna play as the Bravely Default cast in this game

MetaWeegee said:
Side note: What I loved most was probably the Super Mario 3D World mode. I never knew how much I wanted it. I'm glad they took a risk by converting a 3D game into a 2D mode instead of going the easy route and adding a Super Mario Bros 2 route.
Wonder why they just couldn't have both.

Wow, last possible Friday, nice :P

at least I'll definitely be done with school then. Curious that they just dropped that along with a link to the website, but the website still says "full site coming soon"

This

Saw it and thought people would like to see that.

Oh boy! Give me time to make my top ten countdown for this Nintendo! Or at least do a Direct for it instead of random advertisements showing new stuff lol

Back