Super Mario Maker 2

mario maker should have speech bubbles and dialogue options honestly

I don't think Rosalina is quite as high a priority tbh. If they want to complete the 3D World cast including post-game sure. But Peach is a bigger priority. Let's not clutter the roster too much, after all there's (hopefully) still Mystery Mushrooms.

Ray Trace said:
mario maker should have speech bubbles and dialogue options honestly
YES. Just give us the speaker block from Super Mario World and hopefully let us have at least 5 different ones per level

Good, then I won't have to spell out words with coins anymore.

Then we can have dialogue and a narrative and-

I'd probably use it once and then go back to making shitty Mega Man remakes

Swiftie_Luma said:
Roll and Maria Renard said:
I have my hopes and fears of Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina being playable. I am so anxious about it. I want the Sprixie Princesses to be kidnapped instead.

none of that ''kidnapping'' bs affects Rosalina being playable or not.
Yeah, I know.

But it did have a little effect on Peach, except for Puzzles and Dragons: Super Mario Bros Edition and Super Mario Run where Nintendo had the balls to implement her as a playable character after being rescued.

all right let's cut to the chase shall we?

Baby Luigi playable or death.

death is more likely, im afraid.

i just hope we dont get something along the lines of NSMB deluxe, now that would be shitty to extreme levels.

i'd much rather have Daisy than Peachette.

OK so these are my final direct predictions:

100% WILL BE TOUCHED ON:
Vertical Levels
Playable Characters
Co-op (both making and playing)
Better searching online
Clearing up that night/space theme
Return of Mystery Mushrooms
Clearing up that car in the promo art

MIGHT HAPPEN:
New game theme (SML2 most likely)
Music Editor

ALMOST DEFINITELY WON'T:
New 3D theme (SMG most likely)
3D World enemies will be universal (so far seems like that is unfortunately not the case)

100% WILL NEVER HAPPEN:
Yoshis in every theme

Here's my live reaction to the direct.

Welp. Looks great to me.

It's toad and toadette. I think that's a bit more justified.

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Yeah, but we literally just had NSMBU DX. I was kinda hoping it would have Peach instead.

The fact that we just had NSMBU DK should make you even less surprised they went this route.

I am so mad and disappointed. Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina are not playable. They are lazy. They made excuses yet again after having the balls to implement them in Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Run with no issues whatsoever. It was really that easy for them, especially after Super Mario Run and 3D World did it, and the fact that they've been playable in Smash Bros. games since Melee. It really sucks. Nintendo does not give their fans what they want. I am really mad. Since Peach is one of the most demanded characters, along with Daisy, to be playable in mainline Mario games.

Nintendo does not give their fans what they want.

lol

Hey man I wanted Peach too but it's not a huge deal-breaker for me. Rest of the game looks AMAZING. Can't wait to jump into it and fire up the rubbish roulette. Looks like it's infinite now, how that works out we'll see.

That direct threw so much shit at me that I'll need to watch it again to process it further :P I've got a reaction video that I streamed, but I'll wait to post it until I can download and edit it to JUST the reaction, and not the 30 minutes of eating noodles before it :P

Few nitpicks. Didn't see mystery mushrooms, a bit worried if they're cut but still too early to tell I say. No Peach sadly. Vertical levels seem to be exclusive to the subworld, and also at the expense of horizontal distance, which is what I was hoping didn't happen. Still better than nothing. Requiring NSO to upload levels is bullshit. And I say that as someone unaffected due to having bought a subscription. I want everyone to be able to enjoy this game, not just those that pay for a subscription. 3D World elements are exclusive to that style, half-expected but still a bummer.

But those are small things, overall the game looks fantastic. THE SEAM IS GONE. The most inconsequential cosmetic change ever but I'm so glad it was made, now I can make non-SMB1 levels without having to put a pit or bridge at the start of every level.

I'd say that was pretty good. I honestly couldn't tell, but did they say the playable characters are ONLY for online multiplayer? Cause I think they did and that's kinda a slap in the face imo. Also I'm a bit saddened that you can't have rising liquid in every stage theme but I'll get over it.

The story mode was a surprise, could be a fun addition. I'm conflicted for 3D World's standalone nature but I see the logic behind it so I'm good with it. Overall a solid direct!

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Requiring NSO to upload levels is bull*bleep*. And I say that as someone unaffected due to having bought a subscription. I want everyone to be able to enjoy this game, not just those that pay for a subscription.

well it's not like i wasn't expecting that but

yeah, fuck you i continue sticking with mods

Wow can't believe Nintendo requires you to pay for the online subscription to use online features in this game what a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah just because it was expected doesn't make it any less shitty

Ray Trace said:
Nintendo does not give their fans what they want.

lol
Yeah, I am that pissed off at Nintendo for not implementing Peach, Daisy, or Rosalina despite the demand for them and after they did it in 3D World and Super Mario Run. I really wanted to play as Peach and Daisy really badly. Peachette was fine for not interfering with the plot of NSMBU Deluxe. It's like a downgrade from Super Mario Run and 3D World's variety of characters. I mean they should've allowed for more like they did in Super Mario Run.

I expected NSO to be forced for level creators, but doing it for people trying to download levels too? That's just fucked up.

(And judging from how they phrased it, Luigi, Toad and Toadette might only be usable in single player. Please tell me I'm just paranoid.)

Back