Super Mario Maker 2

Anything you could add from 64 has already been repped via the NSMBU skin. 3D World on the other hand has a bunch of things no other Mario game has and thus have yet to be repped here.

Oh so Luigi has a construction outfit now. Pretty save to say that he is playable now

Long John Spaghetti said:
Oh so Luigi has a construction outfit now. Pretty save to say that he is playable now
Unfortunately, Luigi isn't the only one who appears to be playable (there's a Cat Toadette in the official artwork), so it seems that they're ditching Mystery Mushrooms. So long, Super Kirby Maker...

I.... really don't think that's a reasonable conclusion to make at all. There were multiple Mystery Mushroom costumes of Mario in the original.

I don't think cutting costumes is needed for that, if they want to program a bunch of 3D characters fine, but that doesn't mean they should limit the sprites you can use in SMB1 to what they made a model for. I'd rather have more costumes than the original since I loved how much obscure stuff was getting love (though... only one from the RPGs and it was 3 characters crammed into one, none original to the series, that maaay be a big reason I want them to just go forward from here so I have a chance of a Fawful costume)

Considering how many of those costumes were just promoting recent games at the time, don't hold your breath for a Fawful one.

They gave Baby Mario a costume.

If they were smart they should give Baby Luigi one.

I don't see why they would cut Mystery Mushrooms.
It's just another excuse to (try to) make people buy amiibo.

Mario Party X said:
Oh I also hope they get rid of that shaking nonsense.

Also, I'm pretty sure they will. The trailer showed a pop-up menu for Piranha Plant that showed it could change into Fire Piranha Plant (which required shaking in SMM1), make it big, add wings, etc.

If there are Mystery Mushrooms I would love to see surprising and outlandish costumes like the first game. The original Super Mario Maker had surprises like two characters Hello Kitty, Shaun the Sheep, BABYMETAL, the girl from Nisekoi and Mario driving the GLA. They even have obscure Nintendo properties like from Shin Onigashima, Clu Clu Land or even Ice Climber (they are added post release).

Personally, I would like to see a food costume, like maybe pizza or a piece of sushi. Actually it would be funny if there is finally a costume from Dragon Ball (though that would put the "Goku in Smash" joke in full force).

Thank you for reading.

Each Theme still seems to have an exclusive power-up, so if the Mystery Mushroom doesn't reappear, SMB wouldn't have an additional powerup.

In the original, SMB1 had three exclusive power-ups: the Mystery Mushroom, the Big Mushroom, and the Weird Mushroom. The 3DS port cut the first two, but still kept the Weird Mushroom, so SMB1 still had an exclusive power-up. The Switch sequel will likely do the same.

Are we already making those quick assumptions just based on a reveal trailer?

Gods help us.

Well, here is the big ol list of amiibo that could work into costumes, listing them in order I think is most likely
Wedding Trio
Overalls Wario
Bowser's Minions trio and Plant
Poochie
Roy and Ryu
Breath Of Wild Series
All those Links and Toon Zelda
Corrin
Waddle Dee
Splatoon 1 recolors
Splatoon 2 Inklings
Off The Hook Duo
Octolings
Rock and Winged Pikmin
King K Rool
Qbby
Ken
Dark Samus, Ridley and Metroid
Celia, Alm, Chrom and Tiki
Wolf
Bayonetta duo
Konami Trio
Pokemon Trainer, Ivysaur, Pichu, Incineroar
Detective Pikachu
Shovel Knight Series
Monster Hunter Stories Series
Dark Souls guy
Loot Goblin
Cloud Duo
I think the cereal(Would that give us the box or Mario with Cappy?) and cards stand no chance, but on the bright side, Birdo and Baby Mario were in the last game anyways, all we need is Baby Luigi and Pink Gold Peach(I count Sliver Mario as an unoffical Metal Mario)
Miis might not make it, considering they weren't in the last game but were in Woolly World, Shovel Knight and friends are a bit iffy too, but I put them on the list after their appearance in Ultimate
The golden Mega Man I doubt, the gold and sliver Splatoon and Monster Hunter amiibo are only given out as prizes in a contest, putting them in would be flat out taunting

I hope you can properly place Dry Bones underwater because why not.

Also I remember how tiling this nonsense was annoying too, but I doubt they'll give us more control on what spawns when you tile levels.

Finally, they really need to have an option to disable music. Nothing is more annoying than hearing <1 minute music on loop for literally hours.

Hot dang. Honestly, I was only really picturing a Deluxe addition of the original at most..... but nope, they're going ALL IN on this *bleep*. I was absolutely *bleep*ing blown away by the trailer. Super Mario Maker's gonna be hella dead when SMM2 drops (at least in my house). This game, just in this one trailer, has ridiculously more stuff than Mario Maker 1 could dream of having. I could go on for an entire forum page about everything I'm excited about, but I'll leave it at this: As a Super Mario Maker boy, I absolutely can't wait for this one to come out.

Really, I would have been sold if they just said "Super Mario Maker.... with Luigi!" So you can imagine how much I love this. And I guess Toadette and Blue Toad probably being playable is cool too.

Side note: What I loved most was probably the Super Mario 3D World mode. I never knew how much I wanted it. I'm glad they took a risk by converting a 3D game into a 2D mode instead of going the easy route and adding a Super Mario Bros 2 route.

So, uh, sorry for my tangent. As an aspiring modder with way too many ideas for his own good, I natrually loved the idea of making custom Mario levels probably more than most people in the world, and I tend to get really passionate talking about *bleep* I love.

Anyhow, I've got some other predictions/personal hopes for future content. After all, that was just one trailer, there's no chance in hell that's everything in the game. I'll keep it at what I think has a reasonable chance of getting into the game.

• Super Mario All Stars Skins for the Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 styles
  • Blue and Yellow Koopas. We have differently colored pipes and Yoshis now, so I really hope we get this too, and there's actually a chance I'll get this at long last. Mayyybe we could get the "Disco Shell" too? That seems like more of a long shot, though.
  • Ice Flower. Seems like simple enough fanservice to me, and since they could use the Fire Flower as a base, seems like it'd be easy to add, and I don't think anybody would object to having it in every mode. Side note: The inclusion of the Fire Bro hints that MAYBE you can drag Fire Flowers onto certian enemies now. Sooo..... maybe if we get the Ice Flower... we could mayyybe drag it on Hammer Bros to get.... Ice Bros, the best bros? (I'm not getting my hopes up for that.)
  • Other enemy hopes: Boomerang Bro, Rex, and Charging Chuck.
  • A World Map, maybe even an entire game ala SMBX. This one, on the other hand, is probably delusional, even with the fact that the theme of this game is fanservice. But goddang it, A MAN CAN DREAM!

Now, some predictions on future bosses. We know already that Bowser, Bowser Jr and Boom Boom will be present. So, here's some other predictions I've brainstormed. Within reason, again, based on what we've seen so far and the fact Nintendo loves to throw curveballs.

• Pom Pom: Mostly for simplicity reasons, she does have plenty of similarites with Boom Boom and is around as prominent as he is in the Super Mario 3D games, so I can see the dev team just going "Sure, why not?" If she's in, I think she'll be included as a Boom Boom variant
  • The Koopalings: Okay, even with their popularity and all the new content added, I'd still tread on the side of caution. But I'm sticking to my gut here. Making all 7 of them work in the different modes would be quite an undertaking. But you know what? I think it'd be worth the time spent. And I think they can (and probably will) pull it off. They've got enough unique things that you could justify not making them completely 1-1 with their boss fights in each respective game mode. And I think that's the best way to include them; just give them each a general boss fight that embodies their personalities and quirks. I'm still not fully sure Nintendo will give us all 7 of them... but let's be real, we also didn't think Nintendo would add nearly as much things as we saw in the intro trailer alone.
  • Meowser: The most out there of all my predictions, lol. But please, just hear me out. My friend pointed out the idea just a few days ago after seeing the Super Bell, and it.... it works. We already know we can drag the Super Bell onto enemies to change them into their Cat forms, and I'm honestly doubt that they wouldn't at least consider letting Bowser transform into Meowser, especially considering how the Super Bell played a big part in the final boss fight and how well recived it was. The more I think about it, the more I think this is going to be one of the big suprises they've got left. It's just a very Nintendo thing to do.

Regardless of what happens, though, I can't wait to see what else they've got in the tank. It's already a day one purchase for me.

Last edited:
You say you're an aspiring modder. I myself am looking forward to how this game gets modded.

Mario Party X said:
You say you're an aspiring modder. I myself am looking forward to how this game gets modded.

Heh, same here.

Back