Super Mario Maker 2

At first I heard about the stylus and thought "Finally, a stylus for phone/Switch screens with a thin tip!"
Then I realized it's just a normal fat-tipped phone stylus with Mario Maker stuff on it. I'll pass.

I'm just hoping for some unconventional playable characters, like Waluigi and the like. I'm not expecting to see Dimentio make an appearance, but I will certainly not complain if he does.

I can't wait to see who will be playable! Hopefully Waluigi, my pipe dream is Dimentio....

pun not intended

After probably the crappiest day I've had all year, I thought nothing could salvage today. I was wrong. GG Nintendo, this is exactly what I needed to come home to. Can't wait!

i already know who will be playable.

tumblr_mw8plsbzcf1qd62wro1_1280.png

and if it doesn't happen then it's some bullshit because i saw that pink pig tailed toad in a cat suit soooo Nintendo better do this right.

I have my hopes and fears of Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina being playable. I am so anxious about it. I want the Sprixie Princesses to be kidnapped instead.

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Roll and Maria Renard said:
I have my hopes and fears of Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina being playable. I am so anxious about it. I want the Sprixie Princesses to be kidnapped instead.
How about we have no plot whatsoever?
I absolutely agree. That way everyone can be playable.

As if much plot is present in normal Mario anyway.

if you view it as plot and peach's playability being an afterthought to game mechanics and level design, the more it makes sense to you

You won't hear me say this about any other Mario game (except maybe Mario Kart, but even that could use a campaign of some sort to spice things up), but Mario Maker doesn't need a plot. The whole game is about building and playing our own stories/experiences. You go on 100-man not to defeat Bowser and rescue Peach, but to see how many lives it takes to get through x levels from the rubbish roulette. It's the perfect thing to keep playing over and over without getting stale, for that reason a preset story doesn't suit it. You're not even guaranteed Bowser to appear in the final stage anyway. Personally I'd remove the final-level-is-castle restriction too so the final stage is just as wild a card as the rest.

Including Peach in the roster is a much better use of the character than having her say thank you at the end of every rubbish roulette. If they truly do have Luigi and Toad and are showing clear initiative for multiple playable characters, just finish the quartet I say, 100-man's exposition is more expendable than that :P

Roll and Maria Renard said:

none of that ''kidnapping'' bs affects Rosalina being playable or not.

Back