Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

Soon we can have more SEGA movies, it would be great if they do this with our favorite games (they just can not ruin of course) 8)

I want to see it.

It may take some time for them to develop other films of this style (if they really do, of course, that's not yet certain)

At least Eggman looks more like himself later on, and in terms of plot I'm interested actually. Gah why do movies do that to me, I can dislike a movie all I want until I see plot details, and it almost always intrigues me and will make me watch to the end and enjoy myself. It looks nothing like Sonic, and yet the plot has piqued my interest anyway. Kind of like how I can get enjoyment out of the Mario Bros. movie independently of my fandom or interest in the Mario series, just for the story itself rather than for the characters it claims to feature. I'm notorious for liking movies accepted as "bad" for I think that reason lol.

It is what most of the movies of animes and games do, so it is very difficult that a film of these two genres are really good

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
At least Eggman looks more like himself later on, and in terms of plot I'm interested actually. Gah why do movies do that to me, I can dislike a movie all I want until I see plot details, and it almost always intrigues me and will make me watch to the end and enjoy myself. It looks nothing like Sonic, and yet the plot has piqued my interest anyway. Kind of like how I can get enjoyment out of the Mario Bros. movie independently of my fandom or interest in the Mario series, just for the story itself rather than for the characters it claims to feature. I'm notorious for liking movies accepted as "bad" for I think that reason lol.

Nothing to be ashamed about, if a movie entertains you, it's doing its job (even unintentionally) and it's great you can get mileage out of it where others can't.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Do not feel bad for liking something that an overwhelming majority did not like, just wait and watch it

Now, I’m legitimately deciding on whether or not I should see this movie! Before the trailer, I was looking forward to it a lot more than I am now!

That...actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting. With the leak of Sonic's actual appearance, I was NOT looking forward to what this movie was gonna do to the blue blur.

I was fooled.

The trailer was HILARIOUS, and I'd even go so far as to say that the humor alone more than redeems Sonic's thick legs and separate eyes.
The animation for Sonic was fluid and life-like, making it seem like Sonic is almost real (though I would prefer a more Adventure-like approach).
The story seems the same as Hop, and I loved that movie's story.
And Eggman...well, he's definitely Eggman.

Overall, I'm excited for the movie. While it may seem to be lacking in fanservice, it really doesn't matter to me as Sonic games have too much in my opinion. The animation, story, and humor are all great in this trailer, and while Eggman isn't perfect, he's still recognizable.
Say what you will, Toadette. I'm going.

EDIT: I made a video about the trailer.

Without looking at the general thought of the Sonic fan or outside, I thought the trailer isn't as horrific as some fans made it out to be. Robotnik's quite spot on in terms of character, so that's one thing. Another thing is how Sonic doesn't look so bad in motion although the only part that looked weird is when he skids on his knees to throw two rockets on a drone during hyperspeed.

Thank you for reading.

I don't see anything wrong with Eggman, to quote all the people who did talk about him. In fact I think he looks fabulous. Sure. Not exactly that close to his game appearance but I like it.

Also yay for changing Sonic's design!

Thank God they did that! Hopefully, he looks closer to his game look.

Friend of mine was very skeptical of this film when it was leaked, now she's more hopeful after the trailer (Jim Carrey doesn't disappoint) but still dislikes Sonic's design. She'll be happy to hear this news :D She's really into Sonic, maybe as much as I'm into Mario.

So apparently Sonic Team actively insults the director for listening to the feedback and taking it into consideration.

https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/sonic-team-insulted-movie-director-would-do-something-so-pathetic-as-respond-to-fan-feedback/

And read the third paragraph. It’s absolutely a gold mine. Sonic Team, you are THIS close to being on the same level of Konami and EA in terms of horrible business practice.

What was it that Bill Gates said? Oh right. “We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.”

supermariofan said:
https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/sonic-team-insulted-movie-director-would-do-something-so-pathetic-as-respond-to-fan-feedback/
thehardtimes.net is a satire website i would even go so far as to refer to their content as 'Fake News'

It's literal fake news (thanks for warping that phrase, Trump). Don't feel ashamed, even entire governments have fallen for it. What you should do is fact check. Look up the "about" page. Check out the other articles. Check the sources, are there links in the article? Look up the news in a search engine. Check Wikipedia on the site, or use other fact checkers like Snopes or WaPo. Lots of ways to make sure what you're getting isn't satire or more malicious fake news designed to elicit emotion, tickle your outrage worldview, and generate a false narrative that feeds into your biases.

Back