Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

Kazooie said:
Man, I hope the script and direction of this movie somehow turn out brilliant, and they turn it around into a great movie. That would be really funny.
This is why pessimism is great, you go into the movie with low expectations, and if the film is shit then you can be happy that you were right, whereas if the movie is brilliant you'll be pleasantly surprised

It's a win-win situation!

don't let it descend to cynicism though, you can be not happy that you were right and the film was just some cheap waste of money in a society that really shouldn't afford to waste money like that

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Northern Verve said:
That picture is not an actual thing for the movie. I believe it's already been reported Sonic and Eggman are the only Sonic characters in the movie anyway.
This movie is going to suck even worse than I thought, then.

Well hey, Sonic 1 only had this cast, and it's far from crappy.

Yeah but thats a video game you can play.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
It's... it's for the best.
If you look at it a certain way, it's great because the movie can't make Vector look bad.

Speaking of, I wonder how bad they'll make Eggman look?

This bad.

eggman-622x576.jpg

Marchionne Evangelisti said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
If you look at it a certain way, it's great because the movie can't make Vector look bad.

Speaking of, I wonder how bad they'll make Eggman look?

This bad.

eggman-622x576.jpg

That picture is a fake as well. Though unlike the Tails thing I guess it could be closer to the truth since it does try to get something like Jim Carrey's face with an Eggman look to it. We just have to wait til' they officially release the trailer for much of this. Sonic's design is literally the only thing that have been legitimately leaked, and some have said even that leak could be slightly outdated (Albeit I can't imagine it's all too inaccurate)

They could pull of a Crocker situation from live action Fairly Oddparents and still have him be amusing and stuff to ignore his appearance.

Toadette said:
This means:
No Amy to chase Sonic

You know, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

That whole premise has been played out to death and then well beyond that for good measure. Plus, the whole "I'm going to obsessively stalk and beat up my crush until he marries me" was a pretty messed up character angle from the getgo and I'm not that sad to see it go.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

Vector is safely holed up in the computer room.

Kazooie said:
Toadette said:
This means:
No Amy to chase Sonic

You know, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

That whole premise has been played out to death and then well beyond that for good measure. Plus, the whole "I'm going to obsessively stalk and beat up my crush until he marries me" was a pretty messed up character angle from the getgo and I'm not that sad to see it go.

I actually hate when Amy chases Sonic. I always say to her: Get a life, Amy! You know Sonic isn’t going to fall in love with you! Go find yourself a real boyfriend! You’ll feel better in the end!

Also I heard that people apparently can’t kiss hedgehogs, and if Amy actually knew this, she’d stop chasing Sonic around. Basically their relationship is going nowhere unless Amy stops it herself!

Toadette said:
Also I heard that people apparently can’t kiss hedgehogs, and if Amy actually knew this, she’d stop chasing Sonic around. Basically their relationship is going nowhere unless Amy stops it herself!

Amy's a hedgehog herself though.

Though yeah, one of the good things about some of the more recent games is Amy isn't defined by her love for Sonic as she was that kind of started with Sonic Heroes and persisted up until the Sonic Boom show. (She still has a crush on Sonic in Boom but it's less obvious and more subtle)

LeftyGreenMario said:
don't let it descend to cynicism though, you can be not happy that you were right and the film was just some cheap waste of money in a society that really shouldn't afford to waste money like that
i mean pessimism and cynicism are the same by definition, but I understand what you mean

it's more of a "I knew it" type situation, you can still be annoyed that the film sucks, but you'll be less annoyed than if you were expecting the movie to be amazing, in other words having an optimistic outlook on it

https://twitter.com/SEGAbits/status/1122921386027171841

tumblr_pqqifedsv81rplhyso1_1280.jpg

yes that's supposed to be eggman

Looks terrible, even the one in Sonic 06 looks better than this!

He's not bald enough and his mustache needs to be about 10 times longer.

But in terms of acting goofy he could definitely pull it off. We'll have to wait and see.

Back