Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Welp reviews be coming in, they are about what I expected.

Few positive, few negative, plenty middle of the road.

I guess for a video game movie you could do a lot worse.

Sailor Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's most out-there sailor
Huh are video game movies finally shedding that horrible reputation they tend to lug around? They now elevated to being.... okay?

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
It's a lot better than what I expected it to be: a dumpster fire.

I think the new Sonic design helped fixed things a lot. We don't want to be staring at an abomination for an hour and 30 minutes.

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
i watched the movie

i actually found it pretty decent. maybe on par with detective pikachu. i really like jim carrey in this movie, even if he's doing his jim carrey schtick, he gives a different, wacky but evil interpretation of eggman that i enjoyed. and i sorta wish we had more cop stuff going on but hey, we got sonic running fast a lot. there isn't much...in-depth stuff for die-hard sonic fans like you're not going to find much deep lore, but it was entertaining for me regardless.

Sailor Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's most out-there sailor
As far as Sonic movies go, this can be a lot worse. I think it's a fun brainless popcorn flick but don't expect too much Sonic elements beyond Sonic, going fast, and rings. Oh and there's Jim Carey there too.

Infinite8

Kat is adorable. End of story.
The Sonic movie was fun to watch.

But why does he floss...twice? He could've done the dance from the second trailer.

JoeRunner

Enough said.
I just saw the movie. It was OK - my rating is 7.5/10.
I fully agree that there was a small bit more flossing than there needed to be.
If the sequel (which most definitely will happen) has Tails in it, I sure hope that they don't have to call the third "Sonic 3 and Knuckles"; we don't need memes in this movie. Although memes didn't stop them from dropping Sanic in there.

fantanoice

I can see through time
I done seen the flick.

Really good for little ones. Not a lot there for oldies / 10

Felt very 90s kid movie. Had a lot of unironic camp, like TMNT or Power Rangers. Though they kept splashing in modern references like Uber and 'flossing' which seemed out of place. Or maybe I'm just old. :P

Jim Carrey is perfect casting, particularly for the 90s kids movie feel. He does a great job.

Sonic is very childish. He's different to his rude-dude attitude from Sonic X and the modern games. I probably would have preferred the latter but ymmv. Both are obnoxious in their own ways so pick your poison.

There was a nice Green Hill Zone musical arrangement towards the end. Made me smile.

The post-credits scene with Tails was a surprise. He was animated really well. But now that the VFX studio who worked on the movie has shut down, I don't like the chances of a sequel. Maybe if the movie makes bank.

In all it had some good gags and was fun enough. I wouldn't call it a great movie. It's Garfield-CGI-movie kiddy fun. I liked Detective Pikachu a LOT more, though.

Now excuse me, I'd like to do a full rewatch of Sonic X. I never watched it in full. XD

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Flossing?