Mario Kart Tour

Redshift

Enjoying dinners at 9:00 PM
police Waluigi
Eh, the only indication I see of being a cop is the little round belt (which doesn't even have much holsters and pockets to begin with judging from the silhouette), no silly distinguishing hat or anything.

I could be wrong though. Who the heck would make Waluigi a cop anyway?

J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo
I also like that they're both being spotlighted at the same time.
Unfortunately, I've already seen discourse on Twitter over this, so it's not going to create peace between the fans.

Meowkie

Be true to yourself, don't miss your chance
Daisy is decked out in holly jolly duds and Waluigi is a bus driver, don't let him near Bowser
Also, 90's kid, er, I mean Red Koopa

Bowser II

Just like the first one, except better.
Bus driver Waluigi is a god, and I'm digging that double-decker bus kart, too. I'm just scared I'll spend all my rubies on his pipe only to see them release a better spotlight a week later. Decisions, decisions...

SiFi

Benjamin Judd

EYE'M GLAD YE LIKE THE SUIT I MADE FOR WALUIGI

Dimentio

Master of Dimensions, Pleaser of Crowds
My interest in this game has ran out early in the last Tour lol. I do want that bus driver Waluigi but unlocking in this game is just too tedious and I have other things I'd rather be doing lol. Wake me up when I can unlock these characters with legitimate set-in-stone tasks instead of RNG and paid currency.

Kat Gravity Rush

That's her. She's the Gravity Rush!

Princess Mario

✨Mushroom Kingdom's fabulously glittery plumber✨
That's nice though I rather not give much attention to Atlas. Atlas's an asshole who withheld modding tools and doesn't release mods unless you pay and then bitched about how toxic the modding community is. Notice he doesn't release a single piece of his work, just shows them off. While there are those that legitimately say vile words to Atlas and that's not excusable, I still have very little respect for Atlas and anything he does, well, it might as well not have happened.

J-Yoshi64

I was not expecting GCN Yoshi Circuit R/T to do that.

J-Yoshi64

So...

Citation needed, but still. Exciting if true. Particularly those top two ones.
RIP my rubies.

Mister Wu

King Bowser
Wiki Patroller

Yup it’s him

Ah, too bad they didn’t keep the SMW design, oh well...

Looks at the bell

Looks intensely at the bell

Despite being an exclusively f2p player, saves 90 rubies for him starting way before he was announced even though that is a meager 20% chance of getting him

Bowser II

Great. I wanted Bus Driver Waluigi, but I want Pauline even more, especially since I didn't get her the first time around. Rip my rubies either way.

J-Yoshi64

Looks like regular Pauline isn't back with this one.

Kat Gravity Rush

That's her. She's the Gravity Rush!
Looks like regular Pauline isn't back with this one.
Yes, she is. She's on the High-End (non-spotlight) pipe. I don't know if she's permanent (as Pauline has her own cup), or only for this tour.

3ds Rainbow Road is back
So, uh, multiplayer beta?
First time we hear the non-final lap/section jingle. I hope future tours will increase the lap count to 3 in most courses. Also, maybe add the Wuhu courses from MK7.

As for multiplayer beta...

Bowser II

Soooo..... Multiplayer beta is out. That's a thing.

What character you play still influences how many items you can get, so naturally every match is filled with the same character or two. Big surprise. Also, frenzies can still happen? ...Why? Mario Kart has always had a luck element, but when first place can randomly get free invincibility, skill is far less valuable. Every race feels like a toss-up. Fingers crossed the finished product addresses these issues.

Princess Mario

I knew it. I knew that the rankings in single player is just up to having the correct character and vehicle combo and that it's going to boil down to pay to win (as those who pay more money to dump gem-studded shit in the pipe would of course get more content and more means to max out the benefits) rather than skill. The multiplayer was going to be terrible with those character preference mechanics in as well as the rest of the game being, well, it's been said already; I don't know what else people were expecting except another cog in the wheel of psychological exploitation.

Bowser II

Even if all the players are paying, even if all the players have all the best stuff, there's still an underlying problem with the multiplayer. The limited controls of the game restrict how much skill a player can actually have. Every Mario Kart has a strong luck element, but they also all have a high skill cap. This game's skill cap is terribly low. Keep tight lines kids, 'cause that's about the best you can do. There aren't any useful shroomless shortcuts. There aren't any pro tricks to learn like snaking or fire hopping. Pair that with the unpredictable and unfair nature of frenzies, and well, you've got a mess of a multiplayer. Every race is almost entirely up to what your item roulette lands on. This game isn't pay-to-win, it's pay-to-hope-to-win.

Princess Mario

The railroad, no means of falling off or really going off-road, the auto-trick, the nonexistent steering, and auto accelerate are the reasons racing feels horribly unrewarding, yeah. That's a fundamental aspect of the game that's complete rubbish and there's no way of making the game better if your foundation is terrible, no matter how many fancy ribbons you put on your Shy Guys or coat your B Dashes in flakey glitter.