Mario Kart Tour

Super Circuit isn't even a bad game.

I always liked how Super Circuit used the more realistic drifting and skidding mechanics of Super Mario Kart while being more controllable than the latter - if you didn't use Wario.

As an aside, it had amazing track settings as shown by Sky Garden (Cloudtop Cruise in the West), Cheese Land and Ribbon Road in MK8 (the latter didn't even use the festive settings of the original and had a less upbeat version of the theme). Sunset Wilds still has to be remade!

Tour's way of handling content is way worse, but I think in terms of controls, it's way more manageable than either of the 2D Mario Karts, despite not having buttons. Not ideal, but at least I'm not going way off the track every time I attempt to make a turn.

Not in Mario Kart 8 or Mario Kart 7. They put these stupid and infuriating timers in 7 while 8 babies you and warps you as if you fell off.

There should be a way to turn that freaking mechanic off at least. I know there's benefit of accessibility, but it pretty much turns off from messing others with items.

Looks like SNES Vanilla Lake 1 is also back. Wasn't this a highly requested track or was it Vanilla Lake 2? I like how they modernized at bit and eliminated most of the 3D elements. It's not as updated as Donut Plains 3, but it'll do I guess.

Not in Mario Kart 8 or Mario Kart 7. They put these stupid and infuriating timers in 7 while 8 babies you and warps you as if you fell off.

There should be a way to turn that freaking mechanic off at least. I know there's benefit of accessibility, but it pretty much turns off from messing others with items.
From what I understand, you can actually trick the system by using the going backward button in Time Trials, no luck doing so in multiplayer online races, though. This wil result in a disconnection.

Speaking of tricking the system, I actually discovered a few shroomless cuts in Mario Kart Tour. Of course you need to disable smart steering to do so. First of all, let me tell you that MKT uses an even more powerful version of the MK8 Lakitu tunnel, this time with intangible (collisionless) walls.

Where those walls aren't put, though, you can take shroomless cuts, the three 150cc cuts I discovered are:

* 3DS Mario Circuit: the classic trick, the ramp on the left leading to Peach's castle can be used by jumping over the grass, this one has the thrill factor of risking losing the item if you don't use steering mode with drift button because lolcontrols

* Tokyo Blur (1 & 2): there's a ramp on the grass you can reach by charging a Super Mini-Turbo near the grass, very difficult to do it consistently and then you'll have awful lines, but hey...

* SNES Mario Circuit 3: the most proper one, in the hairpin turn you can drift on the sand, if you have a very good line you won't even lose the Mini-Turbo charge

Plus, gliders have even less restrictions, the most famous glider cuts (but not the only ones) are:

* 3DS Rock Rock Mountain: very cool one, at the end of the first lap you can slide downward to prevent the glider from landing, allowing to cut a lot of the beginning part
* SNES Mario Circuit 2: yet another classic: the white part on the left after the ramp is tricked upon, allowing a considerable cut
* SNES Ghost Valley 1R and 1T: very easy glider cut the former - to the point that Piranha Plants have been added to prevent an excessive cut, the second is used by bots as well, if I remember correctly, as it leads to the classic shroom cut
* SNES Mario Circuit 1T: apart from the official one, at the end of the second lap taking the air stream allows a sharp turn over the ground
* N64 Frappe Snowland T: another "official" one, the first glider segments can lead to the glider segment in the middle of the snow

All in all, cuts are there, it's just that the triple item mechanics make them even less decisive than they used to be, and some restrictions are just too much (3DS Neo Bowser City says hi, although it was legitimately broken in the 3DS version and already fixed in MK8).

Last edited:
Some people are complaining about the amount of alts Peach is getting but I want to point out Mario has more alts, so the anti-Peach bias is strong.
🤷‍♀️

Oh btw there's another member of the Mario species while we're at it, for only 40 dollars.
EOU4GRgX4AEjMBU

I'd have more of a problem of those two getting alts if I didn't care so little about the game.

Hell yeah! We got Metal Mario, Yellow Metal Mario, Metal Mario's Pink Girlfriend, and Ice-Blue Metal Mario. We need Rusty Copper Luigi.

You what what even is an ice Mario. It'll melt in hot courses and break into pieces when hit by a shell or other crap.

Ice Mario doesn't melt in the game it's from. By skating, it turns lava into ice. Somehow.

The National Health Service found the second-closest character to represent themselves.

Reactions: zel
Turns out Ice Mario is just a permanent version of Mario hit by the ice powerup, lmao. Can't wait for Ink Mario, Invisble Mario, Tiny Mario, Big Mario and Rainbow Mario
Well, it's the Super Mario Galaxy Ice Mario, as shown by his skating pose. Pretty odd considering it's the NSMB one who throws Ice Balls, but hey, nice that SMG is being referenced as well!

Back