Mario Kart Tour

I think they're mostly fine, I only have an issue with the karts that are just the character's head plastered on the front of a box, they look lazy and ugly.

Bro that bike is a godsend because you can RIDE YOSHI IN MARIO KART
do you realise who you're talking to

So? You can ride a pimped out muscle car modded heavily with speakers and lights all over it on tiny roller tires. You can drive a train on Monster tires. You can drive a fucking Harley in Mario Kart. And not to mention, the fucking MERCEDES vehicles on Cushion tires. Out of all great options, you decide to go with the shitty-looking bike designed after a shit character.

Bro that bike is a godsend because you can RIDE YOSHI IN MARIO KART
sure id like to ride a mutant reptilian creature that's in the middle of pooping out an exhaust pipe :yoshi:

Also, it's not even the first game where you can ride on a vehicle that screams "PULL ME OVER! TURN ON THE RED AND BLUE LIGHTS". You can already ride such a vehicle in Mario Kart: Double Dash.

Every kart that consists of a character turned into a kart is an abomination and should be dynamited, especially that rambi head thing from MKDS.
Bash it all you want. But that is my signature combo and has been since my early MKW days. Tacky as it may be, the stats drew me to it at first and after that...it just became my kart. It just doesn't feel the same without it.

Yoshi Bike is fine and I used to ride it before realizing I vastly preferred karts. I have yet to try the Turbo Yoshi but it would probably be my signature kart if not for my history with the Super Blooper.

I'm concerned, ngl.
I think I'm fine. I made a whole thread tier list about how much I love or hate certain karts from every single darn kart in the series and I'm going to make that effort count

i'm salty that the damn bike is my first unlock in 8 deluxe so seriously screw that thing and also I didn't design it, they did

Saw a badge that contains Birdo's bow emblem. I imagine she'll be added soon.

I don't really like the Waluigi Wing glider's design. All they did was slap his portrait on with without even stylizing it. The Wario Wing has a much better design.
Compare.

File:MKT Icon WarioWing.png
File:MKT Icon WaluigiWing.png

Baby Luigi has spent too much time in Los Santos, which is how he mastered the art of hijacking vehicles belonging to other characters.

I was wondering what you meant, then I saw the symbol on the car.

I don't really like the Waluigi Wing glider's design. All they did was slap his portrait on with without even stylizing it. The Wario Wing has a much better design.
Compare.

File:MKT Icon WarioWing.png
File:MKT Icon WaluigiWing.png
i think this is one of those cases in which one needs to be happy there's anything at all.

Waluigi isn't exactly the character that gets the most stuff in games anyways.

Still better than Daisy.

The rubies + character offers are kinda stupid, and Nintendo is still continuing this.
I can just get the character from the in-game shop.

i think this is one of those cases in which one needs to be happy there's anything at all.

Waluigi isn't exactly the character that gets the most stuff in games anyways.

Still better than Daisy.
This! Plus, I like that his whole face is on it. I think it's a really cute glider!

Multiplayer, I guess, can't be tested before they release this thing in the first place.

Yeah, it's the beta test which is restricted, not necessarily the feature as a whole. I guess "thanks" to the price and the Gold Pass bug - for some reason many people are unable to subscribe -, they don't have many subscribers so the matchmaking server won't die miserably.

Speaking of subscroibers, we have the numbers of how Mario Kart Tour did this first month.

123.9 frikkin' million downloads in the first month. Good thing that the monetization model was so hilariously bad that the average spending per player was $0.26 per player, i.e. the total revenue was $37.4 million. To put things into pesrpective, 1 million 3DS games sold at $40 generate more revenue, so Mario Kart isn't going free-to-play-only or mobile-only anytime soon.

Still, even assuming half the player didn't even play the game for more than a day if at all, these results eclipse Mario Kart Wii. Even one third of the number of downloads is better than the lifetime sales of Mario Kart Wii, actually. It makes me wonder how much the Nintendo consoles are "limiting" the sales of the Mario Kart games.

Even one third of the number of downloads is better than the lifetime sales of Mario Kart Wii, actually.

Well that's a given, considering anyone with a phone can download and play the game whenever they want to, and most people own phones (due to their versatility) rather than needing to own an expensive gaming console specific hardware, the Wii, to play a 60 dollar game.

Back