Mario Tennis Aces

Princess Mario said:
They had ONE. JOB. and that's "do nothing" but nooo they have to remove those options for whatever reason. They really Nintendo'd it up there.

Sure maybe they'll introduce it through a free patch but c'mon, you know they actively removed it because the thing should've been there in the first place.

See for me, if the single player mode wasn't there I'd have an issue.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Yeah, and it definitely shows.
Say no more, we all understand your low opinion of Ultra Trash.

Mcmadness said:
See for me, if the single player mode wasn't there I'd have an issue.
I'm special, not a lot of people have a readily available meat clone to enjoy couch multiplayer with.

Swiftie_Luma said:
to be fair, it's not like surpassing US was so hard to do.
Yeah, and it definitely shows. Look at the development span of the two titles. Ultra Smash was basically rushed out the door for the holidays defying Miyamoto's statement of "A delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad". Aces had a longer period of development than Ultra Smash did. So it pays off. I didn't enjoy Ultra Smash very much and I felt backstabbed pretty hard especially since Ultra Smash could have been fixed and could have been a better game had Nintendo not decided to rush it out. But right now, I don't have the money for a Switch so it will be a while until I will get to play Aces. But I'd rather play Power Tennis over Ultra Smash any day of the week.

OK but your rant is kinda uneeded because iirc you haven't even played Ultra Smash so ZzzzzzZZZz

Swiftie_Luma said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
to be fair, it's not like surpassing US was so hard to do.
Yeah, and it definitely shows. Look at the development span of the two titles. Ultra Smash was basically rushed out the door for the holidays defying Miyamoto's statement of "A delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad". Aces had a longer period of development than Ultra Smash did. So it pays off. I didn't enjoy Ultra Smash very much and I felt backstabbed pretty hard especially since Ultra Smash could have been fixed and could have been a better game had Nintendo not decided to rush it out. But right now, I don't have the money for a Switch so it will be a while until I will get to play Aces. But I'd rather play Power Tennis over Ultra Smash any day of the week.

OK but your rant is kinda uneeded because iirc you haven't even played Ultra Smash so ZzzzzzZZZz
I have played Ultra Smash recently, FYI. My experience with the game wasn't that great. I have a honest opinion based on my experience with playing the game for a bit.

Princess Mario said:
a readily available meat clone to enjoy couch multiplayer with.
I have one of those, too. :mario: :luigi:

Hey I was wondering...

Maybe Nintendo will put a Mario Tennis Aces outfit in Odyssey when it's released!

Wow, it seems like they do everything they can to screw up the match-making.

The CPUs in single player doubles free play are determined by complete random so you can't have a doubles partner and you can't choose whom to face.

Also, it seems like the single player is 2-3 hours with virtually no replay value so if you here just for the single player mode, don't think it's worth all that $60.

Game seems to have only six courts.

I thought winning the tournaments was early access with the characters being fully released later, which I assume you wouldn't need the subscription for.

Reviews be comin in. Lots of 7s and a few 8s.

Also final boss.

Shovel Knight said:
Awwww man! Why is it always Bowser?

Because it's a tennis racket.

THIS VIDEO INCLUDES SPOILERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpenW6I0xZI
We have full walktrough now! I wonder how that guy got the game before the relase.

Could be one of the guys who accidentally got it in a Toys Ya Us that was selling it.

Could be a guy who has a review copy of the game. The game does come out only 2 days later anyway.

Embargo is up so lots of people are posting walkthroughs and shit.

i think you are asking for too much.

We need to learn to have middle standards, i feel that they hyped the game way too much so people got confused this was gonna have the same or more content as Power Tennis and it really doesn't-

If nothing else it's still the best tennis game since power tennis.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i think you are asking for too much.

We need to learn to have middle standards, i feel that they hyped the game way too much so people got confused this was gonna have the same or more content as Power Tennis and it really doesn't-
But at least it has more content than what Ultra Trash had. So it is better than Ultra Trash and about close to Power Tennis levels of awesomeness. Ultra Trash was unfinished and Nintendo didn't bother updating it with updates and DLC to further finish the game up a bit. Besides that, Aces will get more characters as it receives updates so that's a plus, so it is closer to Power Tennis and Open.

Mcmadness said:
Reviews be comin in. Lots of 7s and a few 8s.

Also final boss.

In spite of it being Bowser again, I really dig that Bowser Battle 64/Koopa's Road remix.

Princess Mario said:
not by a lot

A fair bit I'd say actually due to how great the actual tennis is in this compared to open and ultra.

Back