Mario Tennis Aces

YoshiEgg1990 said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
WHY IS THERE BABY MARIO AND NO BABY LUIGI WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

Well, you are a mooder, aren't you? I believe that you should be able to mod Baby Luigi into the game.

It's not that simple.

For starters model imports are not a thing in then switch yet.

Second this game has a compression on the files that's tricky and it's not researched enough for us to ''mod'' things inside the game aside from sounds because those have the same format as the Wii U, but the are little endian now.

Third, it would be a play to animate a full model with the tennis racket and god knows how it would be possible to add the special shot and other effects.

It's so easy to say ''just mod him in'' but it's not easy for it to be done.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Third, it would be a play to animate a full model with the tennis racket

That, I can manage.
QcmSGsD.gif

also if people are skeptical about the final character number , which should be 28

think about it.

Development for this probably started in 2016, after Ultra Smash's release.

Since then Camelot has not done shit whatsoever, and Sports Super Stars doesnt count because Namco was heavily involved in development and the Camelot side of the game reuses assets from past games ported over so their effort was minimal.

They seem to have dedicated a lot of time to Aces.

Furthermore, it doesnt take a genious to realise the amount of recycling Aces has.

character models are from Ultra Smash but tweaked, textures are too and from past games, voices and SFX are from past games too.

That gives them plenty of time since assuming 2016 to implement other characters for this game and that's why the roster could be this big, because with Ultra Smash as a base they could spent time in other things.

it means they have been working on this game when the Switch was NX which supports my theory of it being developed right after Ultra Smash

Ultra Smash file names are Wii U as code name, which makes sense because they develop it when the Wii U was Wii U.

Mister Wu said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
WHY IS THERE BABY MARIO AND NO BABY LUIGI WHAT IS THIS MADNESS
That I can actually think a reason why: Baby Mario is in Mario Tennis 64, which they now consider the first game of the series, so they have one valid reason to have him in. Sadly, Baby Luigi wasn't there, so if they need to give priority, they'll surely prefer Baby Mario over Baby Luigi.
Does this mean they'll add Baby Peach as his partner again?
Why can't we get Luma back? :(

They appear in her Special Shot, more adorable than ever, so as long as they do appear in some way I don't regret them not being playable.

ThatGuy62 said:
Does this mean they'll add Baby Peach as his partner again?

dCMVLhP.png

Can we not?

Baby Luigi is more important than Baby Peach.

I too would, tbh, be bothered by Baby Peach being playable but not him.

Mario Sports Superstars did not repeat that mistake and it was for the better for everything.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Luma was a stand-in for Rosalina.

Now that Rosalina is fully playable they are now in the back.
Yeah, but Bowser gets to play tennis with his son and DK with his DKJr. stand-in (or DKJr. himself in 64).
I'm glad they're incorporating Lumas into Rosalina's stuff again, but come on let Rosalina play tennis with her children (or at least Polari).

While we are on the subject on playable characters, would anyone say that the Mario Tennis could be complimented with a few foreigners joining the game? Foreigners could include Isabelle, Kirby or perhaps Ice Climber. I am in favour of an Animal Crossing character, but it would likely be Villager since they are the main characters in those games.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
While we are on the subject on playable characters, would anyone say that the Mario Tennis could be complimented with a few foreigners joining the game? Foreigners could include Isabelle, Kirby or perhaps Ice Climber. I am in favour of an Animal Crossing character, but it would likely be Villager since they are the main characters in those games.

Thank you for reading.
Oh god my weakness.

I'll say god no and leave it at that :P

Shovel Knight said:
Fawful with a Monster in Peach's Castle said:
I want Lubba playable in something :P

If he's playable somewhere, he'd be in Mario Kart.
Well you probably could've said the same for Sprixie Princess before she debuted in Tennis. It could go either way honestly, if they wanted to put him in something.

Sprixie is too small for Mario Kart imo.

That's why Lubba is the perfect choice.

Fawful with a Monster in Peach's Castle said:
Nintendo, why are you putting "NX" in your filenames, stop teasing us about the cancelled system you replaced with the Switch :'(
Uhhhh... what? :koopa:

I was just poking fun at that meme where people complained about the NX being cancelled even though it's obviously the Switch. I'm not sure how prominent that was but whatever :P

Oh don't get me started on that hoax that everyone thaught was going to be it.

I wonder if they thought it was a system with that touch-screen face controller that they patented and proceeded to do nothing with.

Opening cutscene if anyone is interested.

Toad talking over Mario is insufferable.

Back