Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Mario Sunshine uses a somewhat consistent bluish tint for both baked-in and the live-rendered shadows that contributes to the liveliness of the game's setting. See for instance the wall shadows in Bianco Hills and even Mario's own projected shadow:

I say it's somewhat consistent because there are some shadows such as what we see from the palm trees and the rolling goop balls that are rendered black for some reason.

Anyway, yeah, this is what jumped to my mind when I thought of Mario games that use shadows to actually make the atmosphere sweet and sunny.

I think having shadows be blue is just an imitation of how light bounces and glows, like, a simulated global illumination. Like, in sunset parts of the day, the environment also turns blueish as shadows get more pronounced.

I don't know the pattern in Origami King for when the Boos come out

regardless you don't know how it feels like to be a super minority to be represented in media and not like freaks that repeat after the other

ooohhh tell me about it I hate twin representation in media, they're typically carbon clones of the same character that finish sentences and have the same personality

Timmy & Tommy from Animal Crossing deeply irk me because of it.

I think Mario and Luigi are one of the best twins in media though. You can see the similarities between each other, have similar personalities but there are more nuances between each other (both are heroic and cheerful, but Luigi is more displaying of his insecurities while Mario is a bit more brash), and both have their own preferences while sharing similarities too (both would love pasta, but Mario prefers red while Luigi prefers green).

Last edited:
Wario took lessons from Kat & Ana I guess.

Speaking of WarioWare stuff, in the first game, I didn't know that choosing the gender in the beginning affects the cutscenes in two characters' storylines: Dribble & Spitz's and Kat & Ana's. The former changes the passenger and the latter changes the emperor. It was only when I picked the other one in a whim that I noticed that there were changes.

Thank you for reading.

it took me until literally a few weeks (at MOST) ago to notice that female piantas actually had longer skirts, a few days or so ago to notice they also had differently shaped noses (fun fact: they stuck to both of these things in later appearances too)
unknown.png

and it was when i downloaded pianta models today (shown here, with wacky textures i cant be bothered to fix bc i dont know how to use blender) when i realised that they had.... even more extremely subtle differences
the bodies are also ever so slightly differently shaped (its BARELY noticeable No im not talking about the boobs i was comparing the male model with the female model with a shirt which doesnt have boob) and the girls also, for some reason, get smaller hands AND their arms are shorter which I Completely Do Not Get
unknown.png

its interesting though!

the mention about them sticking to the nose and skirt thing.. i was thinkin about mario kart 8, actually!! which is notable bc the piantas in that game otherwise look a lil off to me

i was today years old when i found out that stone spikes are just spikes with inverted colors. spikes have green skin and blue hair, while stone spikes have blue skin and green hair

For some reason, after Bowser's Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey, Nintendo has had a penchant for Japanese and ninja-themed world in recent Mario titles, especially involving temples.

We've since had Ninjarama in Yoshi's Crafted World, Shogun Studios/Ninja Attraction in PMOK, and the Ninja Hideaway in MKT. That's four major ninja-themed worlds in four years. That's not a bad thing, but it's unusual for Nintendo to so quickly introduce such a recurring theme.

1620259078719.png
1620259097274.png
1620259124776.png
1620259161719.png

Actually wouldn't be surprised if Bowser's Kingdom that served as inspiration. They really liked how they pulled it off and want to try again.

Also, there's Hands On Hall from 3D World.

Until I see that Twitter post, I didn't realise that Waluigi's eyebrows are bushy at the ends. This is best pronounced in the Mario Golf artwork:
1621248342061.png

I used to think that they were round like Wario's. I went to check one of his earliest artwork and what did you know: it was like this all along:
WaluigiTennis64.jpg

Thank you for reading.

Back