Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

BabyRosalinaFan2014

i luv my butiful space pricness
Mario Sunshine uses a somewhat consistent bluish tint for both baked-in and the live-rendered shadows that contributes to the liveliness of the game's setting. See for instance the wall shadows in Bianco Hills and even Mario's own projected shadow:

I say it's somewhat consistent because there are some shadows such as what we see from the palm trees and the rolling goop balls that are rendered black for some reason.

Anyway, yeah, this is what jumped to my mind when I thought of Mario games that use shadows to actually make the atmosphere sweet and sunny.

Ray Trace

SUMMER FUN IN APRIL!
Wiki Patroller
I think having shadows be blue is just an imitation of how light bounces and glows, like, a simulated global illumination. Like, in sunset parts of the day, the environment also turns blueish as shadows get more pronounced.

J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo
Happens in Mario Party

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Poll Committee
Before this image, I didn't know that Mario and Luigi were twins.

That is despite the fact that the games have hints that they were twins, such as them looking alike in Mario Bros. and how they were portrayed in Yoshi's Island.

Thank you for reading.

Ray Trace

SUMMER FUN IN APRIL!
Wiki Patroller
regardless you don't know how it feels like to be a super minority to be represented in media and not like freaks that repeat after the other
ooohhh tell me about it I hate twin representation in media, they're typically carbon clones of the same character that finish sentences and have the same personality

Timmy & Tommy from Animal Crossing deeply irk me because of it.

I think Mario and Luigi are one of the best twins in media though. You can see the similarities between each other, have similar personalities but there are more nuances between each other (both are heroic and cheerful, but Luigi is more displaying of his insecurities while Mario is a bit more brash), and both have their own preferences while sharing similarities too (both would love pasta, but Mario prefers red while Luigi prefers green).

Last edited:

J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo
Probably planned to have a Wario or Waluigi alt but ran out of time.