Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Luigi looks like he can easily fit in that "Is this a pigeon?" anime guy meme.

I didn't realise that the opening of Super Mario Advance is designed to highlight the resolution increase from GBC (160 x 144) to GBA (240 x 160). Basically the darker portion is the resolution absent from the GB(C) but is used in the GBA. (Thanks, Jeremy Parish!)

1572698222936.png

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
In Mario Kart Tour, doing the same rocket start technique from previous games, then releasing the screen when GO! appears results to an even longer boost (3-ish seconds).

There are car parks on the detailed Touch Screen map of Koopa City in Mario Kart 7.

Drums are played when Mario (or any character) rides on Yoshi until I have seen that there are two variations of the soundtrack.

Thank you for reading.

Drums are played when Mario (or any character) rides on Yoshi until I have seen that there are two variations of the soundtrack.

Technically speaking, in New Super Mario Bros. U, the drums part of the soundtracks from riding on Yoshi is simply overlayed on top of the original track, in a multi-channeled music file. It's similar to the first-place instruments in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8, or the extra effects in Music Park from Mario Kart 7 like the piano, xylophone, keys, etc.

I guess it's easier to draw hands without the stick in the mud finger being a part of it

Gotta love them N64 3D models.

The island tilts in Bombs Away in Mario Party 1 even if cannonnballs only hit the water. I always thought the island tilted due to having 4 characters on it at once

Interesting also her doctor form's star crest has the orb piece resembling more of a golden jewel, as opposed to a flat yellow circle.

This just came to my news feed

Tbh I did notice this apparition while playing through the game, as I take my time and sightsee everywhere, didn't think much of it though I find the internet hype take entertaining.

Last edited:
When I had discovered the species of Biddybud, and assumed their role on the boards, I had originally mistaken the "biddy" in their name for "bitty" (small) like the itty bitty spider. It turns out Biddy means "annoying elderly woman". The name being a play on that they're based on ladybugs. Upon this realization I was surprised, but also humored and decided to continue using biddybuddy as my official username.

Back